what should i do now?

Greetings. The more weight a gun has, the less it will recoil, 100%, buy there are other factors, such as the shape of the grip and how far the bore of the gun is from its axis. None of this is important for you now. Light guns are much easier to CARRY, but HARDER to shoot well.
You can find police trade in's at I-NET stores like J&G, BUD'S, ARMSLIST, GUNS AMERICA, GUNBROKER. Google away. Police agency's turn their old guns in for new ones to the dealer. They will not deal directly with the public.:frown:

Thanks Fudo, The police trade-ins are probably the best bet. Even though they are used, they should be top quality and worth checking
into. They probably aren't to light. But when I think about it the most I would carry it would be from my car to my apartment. The book I am reading now states you get what you pay for. So avoid the "monkey syndrome" picking your gun from alot of shiny items in a display case. The less expensive ones have the greatest mark-up. Isn't that true with almost everything?

Superprincess

You should consider reading this book prior to proceeding on with your decisions to carry.

My wife found it to be a very informational book that was fun and easy to read.

I would not let her carry concealed until she was as comfortable with her weapon as using her knitting needles.

Link Removed

hey princess good to see ya. i wasn't wondering what color they were but thanks for the details i was more interested in what kind of drugs they were dealing out in the parking lot. being this bogus drug war been going on for decades in the states it's only escalated crime crime ....another reason i like ron paul his stance on that is similar to mine......
at any rate i don't even like the hello kitty for it's subliminal and all the junk products under her logo as well
meow but i do love cats going to find a pic of my lil lionLink Removed

hey princess good to see ya. i wasn't wondering what color they were but thanks for the details i was more interested in what kind of drugs they were dealing out in the parking lot. being this bogus drug war been going on for decades in the states it's only escalated crime crime ....another reason i like ron paul his stance on that is similar to mine......
at any rate i don't even like the hello kitty for it's subliminal and all the junk products under her logo as well
meow but i do love cats going to find a pic of my lil lionLink Removed
thanks eagleeyes.. sorry i don't remember what drugs were mentioned.. they showed us the bloody pictures of the car and the pic
of the guy's head where the bullet put a hole in it.. there was $200 left at the crime scene.. these were young guys.. after the trial i did my best to forget about it.. i agree with you, i don't like the hello kitty items myself..you have a beautiful lion, what's his name?

Superprincess

You should consider reading this book prior to proceeding on with your decisions to carry.

My wife found it to be a very informational book that was fun and easy to read.

I would not let her carry concealed until she was as comfortable with her weapon as using her knitting needles.

Link Removed

Thanks whitefeather, this is funny i listed this book on my post it note today when i saw it on ebay.
I bet the library doesn't have this one either. Great minds think alike!

i call him all kinds of names depends what he doing and what i need to tell him but being he has what looks like the mark harry potter has on his forhead in the same area i named him harry but i never call him that i usually meow or click at him to talk to him so he don't answer to a name and when he starts clawing something i don't want clawed i give him a hiss or two heheh

If it comes right down to it, you can get another job, you can't get another life.

Try these books, there is a lot of good information there.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Thanks fudo, as with the book Wyldekard mentioned these weren't there either. The google books only let you read some preview pages. Which is still good, the information was very useful. These books are on my list as well as the one Wyldekard mentioned.

Wow. Not very controlling at all, are we...

You call it controlling? I call it common sense. We do not need people carrying a loaded weapon who are afraid of it and do not know how to use it. I prefer that those I live with be very proficient with loaded firearms. With over 40 years of marriage behind us, I did not hear any protest :)

You call it controlling? I call it common sense. We do not need people carrying a loaded weapon who are afraid of it and do not know how to use it. I prefer that those I live with be very proficient with loaded firearms. With over 40 years of marriage behind us, I did not hear any protest :)

The way you posted it sure sounds controlling.... "I would not let her".

Yeah, it will alright, and then when he's rubbing that stuff out of his eyes kick him in the nuts, and if you can get the chance without puting yourself in more danger than nessessary take his gun
Thanks Rocketgeezer, I like your your style.. if the same situation happens anytime soon, this scenario is what will happen.
Hopefully it goes like you described. I see you are from TN my home state, sometimes I miss that place.

Wow. Not very controlling at all, are we...
It's probably for the best, there is a story in the book I am reading on google books.
The deputy had his gun taken away from him and was shot with his own gun
luckily for him he survived.
The bad guy was shot by two other deputies when he was leaving the halls of justice.
Thinking of myself if I don't feel comfortable then mostly likely I want carry concealed.
I don't want someone taking my gun and shooting me with it. The more practice and
familiar with it the better. I suppose it's best to look at all angles.

SP - police trade in's are most often full sized service pistols. For semi-autos S&W 9mm's, Glock and Beretta's are most common and .40 Glock's also are very common. In revolvers, I like the S&W Model 65 3" barrel, round butt. I bought a pair for $800 recently.
Books for gun training are not "General Interest" books and library's usually will not have them. It's worthwhile to buy the books, because you get lots of info by re-reading them. You get more out of them as your perspective changes.

SP - police trade in's are most often full sized service pistols. For semi-autos S&W 9mm's, Glock and Beretta's are most common and .40 Glock's also are very common. In revolvers, I like the S&W Model 65 3" barrel, round butt. I bought a pair for $800 recently.
Books for gun training are not "General Interest" books and library's usually will not have them. It's worthwhile to buy the books, because you get lots of info by re-reading them. You get more out of them as your perspective changes.
Thanks fudo, for clarifying for me concerning the police trade ins, it sounds like they maybe two big for concealed carry. Well just
discovered the type of gun which the thug had it was the .40 Glock. After googling all of these guns you mentioned and seeing the
picture. I can say for sure the gun was a Glock and it probably makes a click sound. You are right the library didn't have the four
books on my list. Now I know to check the used book store. The S&W Model 65 you bought were those police trade ins?

Yes it could have easily have been you, I am glad it wasn't. I don't think I can go to the
sheriffs department today and ask for a permit. I am still pretty shook up. I do want to soon,
so maybe next week when I am on my vacation, I can apply for the permit. Do you know
how much it costs?

I know here in Rowan Co. it was $5.00 per purchase permit, and you're allowed to get up to five at one time..

Thanks fudo, for clarifying for me concerning the police trade ins, it sounds like they maybe two big for concealed carry. Well just
discovered the type of gun which the thug had it was the .40 Glock. After googling all of these guns you mentioned and seeing the
picture. I can say for sure the gun was a Glock and it probably makes a click sound. You are right the library didn't have the four
books on my list. Now I know to check the used book store. The S&W Model 65 you bought were those police trade ins?
PS...my Glock doesn't "click"....it goes BANG! no warning at all...it is not like a camera that you press the shutter a little bit to focus and wait then complete the click to take your scenario. That is why, like with any any gun, it is advisable not to point it to anyone you do not intend to maim or kill or anything you do not want to destroy. But then, that is just me...silly ol' me...:smile:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back