what should i do now?

Thanks, I really was a sitting duck last night and I am surprised that I am still alive today. Now I am
going to be more serious about self-defence and being aware of my surroundings. Where do you
suggest I start? Thanks for replying to my post.

'' be more serious about self-defence and being aware of my surroundings. Where do you
suggest I start?''

that is a good start! follow your intuitions and heart it won't steer you wrong
let us know how you coming along your journey to carry protection and remember practice all safety rules when handling firearms they are not toys imo but serious tools to be handled seriously and respectfully
stay safe princess

I totally agree with you The_Outlaw, I am going to take choice number 1 and protect myself.
and even if I could have pressed the alarm without the thug seeing me it would have taken
the police minutes to arrive and the thug was gone before then.
Thanks for your reply.

Okay I will try my best to be the educated safe gun owner. I have a long way to go before
I will be totally comfortable with a gun. If you have anymore suggestions or know of any
websites to help me, I would appreciate it. For instance the police wanted to know if
I knew what kind of gun it was and I didn't know. I will keep you posted on my progress,
thanks for your reply. Please keep me posted on your progess for the concealed carry.
stay safe eagleeyes

Thanks for your suggestion, my job has that benefit. I hadn't thought of that idea, it would
probaly help me. Maybe the counseling can help me see things from a new perspective.
I will take your advice and thank you NavyLCDR for the really good suggestion.
Thanks for replying to my post.

your home invasion is pretty scary, i am glad it wasn't a psychotic killer, were you scared when
you got up and chased him out of the house? it sounds like he was just a sex pervert, which
is still scary because i have been through that before i was raped when i was 17, by someone
i know and being so young i never did anything about it, except tell some people i know, it wasn't
a beaten and rape, it was just he locked the door and wouldn't let me out and then he made
me have sex and it was really awful. i heard later he was beaten with a baseball bat and maybe
that was karma. i hope we never have to deal with anymore thugs...your story did cause me to
laugh when you said your friend laughed when you told her you thought it was her until you
opened your eyes and saw it wasn't...thanks for helping

Thanks, I feel like it is worth a try, having a gun is better than not having a gun when your
perpetrator has one. It is like evening the playing field and things would have turned out
differently last night for one of us. I really like my job and I just want to be given the
opportunity to protect myself. I am not sure what my employer will say. I know last night
the manager said there would be two people to close the shift from now on starting tonight.
I just hope I don't have to work anymore closing shifts. If so I will have to take your advice
and look for another job. I will feel like a victim again because I had to take another job and
that makes this thug win twice.

i hope everyone is more alert and watchful...we have cameras everywhere at my job..
this is going to be the top story at my job for some time.. thanks for your response..

Thanks misunderstood, i wasn't sure of the process. I suppose there are alot of classes you
should take before you can obtain the concealed carry right? Thanks for responding I am
learning alot from the members here at usacarry.

your home invasion is pretty scary, i am glad it wasn't a psychotic killer, were you scared when
you got up and chased him out of the house? it sounds like he was just a sex pervert, which
is still scary because i have been through that before i was raped when i was 17, by someone
i know and being so young i never did anything about it, except tell some people i know, it wasn't
a beaten and rape, it was just he locked the door and wouldn't let me out and then he made
me have sex and it was really awful. i heard later he was beaten with a baseball bat and maybe
that was karma. i hope we never have to deal with anymore thugs...your story did cause me to
laugh when you said your friend laughed when you told her you thought it was her until you
opened your eyes and saw it wasn't...thanks for helping

i was alot younger and stronger than i am now and i probably would and could have beat his ass if i had caught him all he had on was sneakers and i being just out of bed no shoes and there was sticker burrs all back there so i let it go he was out of my apt and area so i called the cops
i too had similar experience as you when i was about 18 being locked in room with some aholes wanted to 'f me but it was my own fault i went with them to their apt and after i got in i realized i shouldn't have done that ......never seen them again after that and i'm glad it wasn't fun at all
as for thinking it was my friend i didn't expect anyone else to be in my apt and it did freak me out to feel a hand going up my leg and all so i just assumed it was her but when that hand got near my .....i wasn't going to go there with her so i turned to stop the hand from touching my personal stuff.. and it wasn't my friend i wasn't afraid to chase the guy as my infant son was in the same bed and i would have killed anyone to protect him or try to rape me with him in the bed oh no i wasn't going to let that happen .... in my younger day i was strong quick and agile but time sure does take a toll i'm still pretty strong and lean but not so much i used to be for sure and my hands don't have the strength they used to either that aging thing ya know lolz

Thanks for the tips, I am going to take my personal safety more seriously. I was definitely
not being smart to let myself be victimized. I wish I had done things differently like waited
for customers before going out of the kiosk. The good thing that came out of this is the
manager is now going to have two people closing at night. They always make these
decisions after the fact. I had my pepperspray in my pocket but it never entered my mind
the gun was doing to much talking.. Thanks for your response , I agree being aware of the
situation is best.

funny thing is i wasn't scared at the time perhaps because my mind was still sleep mode and my body just jumped up to get the guy away from my son perhaps mothers instincts to protect her child i donno but afterwards after all was said and done the fear began to set in and i keep my blinds and curtians pulled shut tight at night so nobody could peek in even still i was on edge for a long while

Thanks Wyldecard, you seem to be pretty knowlegable on guns. When I am ready to
purchase how am I to know which one suits me physically and mentally? Is it I should
just make sure it fits in my hand and doesn't kick to hard. I know all guns aren't
created equal and there are alot of guns that are very expensive. Any help you can
provide is appreciated. Thanks again for replying to my post.

Last edited:
to get a concealed carry in florida was too easy imo there was 2 maybe 3 hour class which most was filling out paperwork and getting fingers printed while the instructor went over 790 statutes florida gun laws and gun safety about where the muzzle should point and gave a quick 10 question multiple choice test he gave us all the answers during the class and told us that will be on the test each question as he went .....then we went to a range we each had to pick up an already loaded revolver fire it at a target about five feet away ya really couldn't miss it lolz put the gun back on the table and get your certificate .......that was it you took all your paperwork filled out in class to the post office with a check or money order and send it to tallahassee that was it .........i kinda wanted to get more hands on gun learning but evidently that is all the state requires so the training and learning about guns how they work and practice is entirely up to you
best wishes

Thanks BluesStringer, Like I said earlier if I had a gun last night the playing field would have
been even. The thug had the advantage and I was a puppet. But for me to get to the point
of being comfortable will take some time. This guy had a gun on me and I don't know if he
had it loaded so I had to do what he said. Oh yea the butterfly effect here is something I
copied from wikipedia Butterfly effect

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses, see Butterfly effect (disambiguation).

Point attractors in 2D phase space.
In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state. The name of the effect, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the theoretical example of a hurricane's formation being contingent on whether or not a distant butterfly had flapped its wings several weeks before.

Although the butterfly effect may appear to be an esoteric and unlikely behavior, it is exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill may roll into any of several valleys fully depending on slight differences in initial position.

The butterfly effect is a common trope in fiction when presenting scenarios involving time travel and with hypotheses where one historyline diverges at the moment of a seemingly minor event resulting in two significantly different outcomes

oh eagleeyes, you really gave me goosebumps when you said your son was your only child and you didn't know
if you could live on if something were to happen to him now or if he had died that night at the hands of those
thugs.. i know exactly how you feel i have days when i don't want to live and i think i have no reason to live..
why i say this is because my mother passed away 12/14/11 and there are times i just want to go have a grave
dug and join her... which is why i am surprised i didn't fight this guy last night. i know he would have won..
because he had the gun and i didn't.. you are such a good role model... thank you so much

i live in north carolina.. it is raining cats and dogs right now.. it takes 90 days to receive
your concealed carry permit?.. i need $200 approximately plus the money for the gun
what do you think $600 will cover everything? oh yea you said you lived in florida..
i just got breaking news zimmermans bond was revoked, have you heard?

please if you get a gun, get some training first before you take it to work with you.
having a gun hidden behind a counter is not the same as carrying a concealed weopon.
and once you show the gun it is not concealed.

i don't think there could be anything more painful than a mother losing her child imo
i know i for one would be completely devastated if something were to happen to him
i would never be the same i know that much but i don't want to find out either

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back