Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?

I believe if the 2nd were abolished, gun owners, conservatives, republicans and many independents and democrats would vote en mass to oust anyone who participated. As long as the GOP retains veto or philibuster power this isn't going to happen. Many Dems (such as my Congressman) are pro-gun.

With a Constitutional Ammendment, 2/3 rds vote and 3/4 States ratification.

Nevah happen, GI!

Unless there is a complete 180 degree turn around in voter attitudes towards guns. Even if the attitude change turned today... I expect to be long gone and dust by the time they manage to gather enough voter support to void the 2nd.

So, as far as my time horizon is considered..... I ain't even worried about it.

GG

BC1:244255 said:
I believe if the 2nd were abolished, gun owners, conservatives, republicans and many independents and democrats would vote en mass to oust anyone who participated. As long as the GOP retains veto or philibuster power this isn't going to happen. Many Dems (such as my Congressman) are pro-gun.

You believe that in a post-2A country, you will still have a right to vote? My my my. What DO they teach in schools today?

In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.

In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.
Not to rain on your parade but your scenario only happens in Third World countries like the Philippines at one time when the Marcoses were in control...we maybe getting there but not yet. People revolted then and before they knew it, the Marcoses were rescued by whom? The Americans! Worst comes to worst, who will rescue Mr. 'Bammy and his cahoots? The Iranians? The Frenchie Hens? Maybe the Russians...Ooopss!

Ya know that is not totally out of the realm of possibilities. Scary stuff. It would cause on heck of a fight in our country. I would not be surprised to see him violate law and attempt to turn our own military against us.

I agree with you 100% willigun and you are leaving out quite a few "similar" scenarios Tucker's Mom--most notably 1930 Germany. We are on a blueprint for 1930 germany. Rampant inflation, Occupy who blame GOLDMAN SACHS (not Citi, not BofA, not Wells Fargo, but GOLDMAN SACHS--plenty of rampant anti semitism going on in those Occupy "peace rallies" all insituted by the unions and Acorn and Seiu). Heat it up a bit by putting all our worries about the mideast on Israel--ya know the country where people with last names like GOLDMAN AND SACHS LIVE. Oh yah, it couldn't happen in germany--after all they were citizens--it only can happen in some crazy place with a name we could not pronounce but guess what---IT DID. Not sure who among you is jewish, but I am and it is absolutely obvious to me that this could easily happen here, as willigun says--heck even the healthcare bill has a clause for a "civil defense force" under g-d knows whose control (ya know the bill no one read and we can now find out how it all works)--ever hear of the brownshirts?--forerunners to the gestapo. Tell me these animals running around with froth on their mouth at these "democratic rallies" are not the same as brownshirts--they sure as hell are. I can tell you one thing--unlike my relatives who may have perished in the 30's in europe, I will not la dee da down a path to a train that will take me to a "nice" camp--I will be sure someone will be taking a longer trip to hell before I take a trip to heaven.

2 million in the armed forces

1 million in the reserves

1 million (approximate) in law enforcement

80+ million gun owners(and that's just the registered ones), with enough firearms to arm every man, woman and child in this country. Even if it was just the 80 million, it still would only take a mobilization of 5% to match man to man. Of course this doesn't count the droves of defectors that WOULD occur from the military and police.

This scenario will never happen here, they know it and such an attempt may find the turrents of those tanks facing toward DC, not away from it.

Yes, New Orleans happened, it also left a bitter taste in everyone's mouths. Look how many state legislatures afterwards passed laws expressly prohibiting such a thing from occurring. I can promise you if that had been attempted in Kentucky, it would have been a whole different animal.

All I can say is BRING IT! I WILL NOT go quietly into the night...

It cost the state of LA a lot of money after the fact. In times of civil strife attempting to disarm me and leave me unable to defend myself and family would lead to me not surrendering my arms without a fight, been in some before in the sixties..

With all due respect, how many times have you prophesized similar scenarios in the past only to see them not come to fruition?? No offense but you and several others sound like those doomsday groups who continually predict the end of the world only to see their "day of reckoning" come and go without incident.

After Katrina a federal law was enacted which prevents the confiscation of legally owned firearms during or after an emergency.

H.R. 5013, the “Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act,” was introduced in the House by Congressman Bobby Jindal (LA - 1) and passed the House on July 25, 2006 with a broad bi-partisan margin of 322-99. Senator David Vitter (R-La) introduced the Senate version of the bill and added it as an Amendment to Homeland Security Appropriations, which passed the United States Senate by 84-16, the largest margin of victory for a NRA-backed measure. On October 9, 2006, President George W. Bush signed this legislation into law.

As a U.S. Senator, Obama actually voted in favor of this law, preserving your rights in an emergency.

I hear "Lootie" is his third cousin.

Link Removed

What with the states (mostly) all allowing the carrying of a weapon, an amendment would be very difficult, if not impossible.

I've heard it said (and have read) that one of the reasons both the Germans and thJapanesese were "reluctant" to invade the U.S. was the number of people who owned firearms. Not sure about the veracity of that though, but I'm sure it would be a consideration in an invasion or confiscation attempt. Of course, the man COULD and "executive order it." Now, THAT would be interesting.

They can wipe their ass with the constitution..er...wait they did that but it doesn't mean we have to abide by the laws they write. Man's laws are designed to enslave and God's laws / Natural Law are what is meant to be. Resistance is not futile, all we have to do is quit playing their game and start hitting their pocket books. In the not too distant future the dung will hit the oscillator and none of it will matter much anyway so get your bug out bag together, keep the powder dry and lock and load

That's a shame the way the Australian government did their people. Stand up for your American rights! Open Carry!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back