What's your plan....

Sorry someone broke in my home and stole them. I was afraid to tell the police, cuz the bad guys might come get me!

Unfortunately these are not half-baked notions. There has been a move afoot for years through the UN to disarm everyone. The Secretary of State and POTUS have signed off on it and it actually can come to pass.
Someone may want to check me on this but I don't believe the President can enter into any treaty that violates the constitutional rights of American citizens. He would first have to declare the second amendment defunct through a supreme court ruling. Our form of government was set up to prevent the president from becoming a dictator. Americans would never allow a political party to trample their inalienable rights. Any party that supported sch a plan would find themselves relegated to the curb by the voters. Remember, there are a lot of Democrats and liberals who are avid sportmen. Some people who may be liberals merely have liberal views when it comes to health care, immigration or social causes but support our constitutional rights. What do you call a liberal with a CCW permit? An independent.

Someone may want to check me on this but I don't believe the President can enter into any treaty that violates the constitutional rights of American citizens. He would first have to declare the second amendment defunct through a supreme court ruling. Our form of government was set up to prevent the president from becoming a dictator. Americans would never allow a political party to trample their inalienable rights. Any party that supported sch a plan would find themselves relegated to the curb by the voters. Remember, there are a lot of Democrats and liberals who are avid sportmen. Some people who may be liberals merely have liberal views when it comes to health care, immigration or social causes but support our constitutional rights. What do you call a liberal with a CCW permit? An independent.

Why do you think I'm getting so frustrated by my choices in the upcoming election? I'm legislatively opposed to most Democrats, and morally opposed to most Republicans.

At any rate, there are so many firearms owners in this country, and I don't know a single one of them who would just willingly give up their guns if asked. I have a feeling that if it really came down to something like actual confiscation, you'd see a lot of caching, and waiting, then organizing and uprising.

Nightmare45:220976 said:
Answer again, come and take it, be willing to die trying as I am willing to die keeping my weapons. Every country that has taken weapons from the people control the people. Obama forgets this goverenment of the people, he has no respect for America, has shown it through his associations.

I believe this is the attitude that will win. I too am willing to die for my rights and for my freedom. if all gun owners aimed a shotgun at the person trying to confiscate, they would eventually have to send an army. You are not a good guy once you decide the current government is more important than the citizens. How many people are they willing to send to their graves to try and take our guns?

What happened in katrina happened because it seemed the citizens gave up, or weren't ready. What would have happened if they lost 10 officers and 10 civilians, every 15 houses, because the people said "no, they are mine, they are keeping me safe, if you come in here you will die." I would think they would stop confiscating pretty quick.

Watch the Switzerland video just for the end. He makes a good point about the women in the museum. I will fight til my heart stops beating before I become a victim.

I worry that they might try, but...

I bet that they might try to pass legislation to RESTRICT guns, ammo, magazines, blah, blah, blah.
I'm not sure how good the chances of passing the legislation really are, but I agree that it will be near impossible to enforce.
Ammo will become difficult to get and very expensive, yes. We've already seen ammo shortages. The good thing is that like before, the manufacturers will go into production 24/7 until the legislation becomes effective. I would guess that they are prepared for that. Even then, the black market will thrive, just like illegal drugs.
Shooting ranges will probably be closed, eventually, because nobody can get ammo and afford to shoot, and therefore, with no customers, they might go out of business, unfortunately.
Magazines will be restricted, but there are so many already out there and not registered, that it would be nearly impossible to collect them all. The black market will thrive.
Parts will become difficult to get, however will still be available for a while, anyway. The black market will thrive.
Will Law Enforcement back this move. Maybe and maybe not. I think it would depend on the officer.
Will the military personnel back the new laws and confiscations? Probably not, but it's tough to accurately predict this kind of thing. I believe that many would refuse to disarm the public, but not all. It might depend on the individual soldiers. I bet they wouldn't want to make this country vulnerable to possible dictatorships- after all, we are their primary backers.
Will people like us turn our guns and related stuff in? You know the answer to that....of course.
Would legislation work? Of course not. Laws only apply to law-abiding citizens (sheeple). The general population will become easy targets for criminals. Laws will never apply to criminals, as they are not law-abiding people to begin with. Criminals will be the only people who remain armed, crime will increase exponentially (just like UK, Australia, Germany, etc, etc.). The unarmed liberals will likely be the first people killed off by the criminals. Charles Darwin was absolutely correct with Evolution and Natural Selection. Those unable to survive on their own, will not survive. The laws will (effectively) thin out the population who are not fit to survive.
Will there be a civil war? Again, hard to predict.
There's my opinion- the short version, anyway.....take it for what it's worth....

Will Law Enforcement back this move. Maybe and maybe not.

Where I live, the Chief and the Sheriff will both join me on my porch gun in hand. If they try this, they'd better come to Texas last.:mad:

To do this would be a long drawn out process. Way too long for any one administration to carry it out. Whoever started it, would never get the chance to finish it.
Now if they did try to rush it, that's when the SWHTF in a big way.

I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.

Why do you think I'm getting so frustrated by my choices in the upcoming election? I'm legislatively opposed to most Democrats, and morally opposed to most Republicans.
Exactly how I feel. I think when it comes down to it most people are somewhere in the middle on the issues.

I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.

Sounds like a budding "militia" here! Better watch out, "Dammit Janet" and the HSD will "tag" us as "homegrown terrorists" pretty soon. (Apparently defined by Democrats as anyone who has the audacity to criticise the "Obamanation".)

On the other hand, while much has been made about the "mititia" clause in the 2nd Ammendment, generally by the battery of "anti" Lawyers....., push comes to shove, there is a distinct possibility that the Government just might get a very clear demonstration of exactly WHO the militia really are!

It will be at that time we will discover if our current military are real Patriots, dedicated to the defence and preservation of the Constitution, per "Oath", or are just Government paid mercenaries. I believe it would come down to a "split" decision and things could get really ugly.

But, it is all conjecture. I believe that local authorities will be more than happy to "enlist" the aid of solid citizen gun owners to help restore law and order, should our society find itself fiscally distressed to the point of widespread rioting and disorder.

Again, it will be a demonstration of the "militia" rising to retain the trappings of a civilized and ordered society.

GG

The issue of gun control is actually moving in favor of the will of the people, not toward some grand conspiracy of confiscation.

Because it's a state's rights issue, as you stated, not a federal issue, which is where the crux of our current global financial crisis lays, and why some people I know are opposed to federal gun laws altogether.

Apparently, "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

Unfortunately these are not half-baked notions. There has been a move afoot for years through the UN to disarm everyone. The Secretary of State and POTUS have signed off on it and it actually can come to pass. England and Australia have taken up weapons from their citizens and they will try the same thing here. Not everyone in this country will bow down to such tyranny but, as mentioned in a previous post, you will only be able to use your weapon once. Then your butt will be carted off to jail as was the man in England who shot and killed a BG breaking into his home. It is strictly forbidden for the British to possess a gun, even for self-defense. There was more uproar over him having a shotgun than saving his life. He was vilified while the BG was made out to be a good old boy rather than a criminal. It definitely can happen so rather than think it to be a half-baked notion, you should be making your contingency plans for when it happens.

And yet, somehow, millions of american gun owners are going to quietly hand over their weapons? I don't think so. Using Australia or England as an example is a false argument as neither of these is a constitutional republic. They don't have the firearms history that the US has. They don't even have the "American mindset" that we have in this country. There is no way that I can see this happening in MY lifetime. The government can't even agree on balanciog their budget, let alone something as emotionally charged as taking firearms away from US citizens.

The UN? Don't make me laugh. when has the UN EVER been an effective group without US military support? Also, The US constitution trumps any UN resolution. It may be signed by the POTUS, but US law still takes precedence. The UN couldn't enforce such a thing.

All that being said, we should always remain vigilant, and never let the government attempt to take away our rights. When these things come up in Congress (as they periodically do) everyone should write, call, demonstrate, and refuse to let our "representatives" go against our wishes. There are millions and millions of gun owners in this country who feel very strongly about their 2A rights. They (we, I) would not let something like this come to pass. The pessimists in the group may think that Americans will sit idly by and let it happen. I, for one, have more faith in the American spirit. I've seen it in action.

I want to see what happens when they go to the Hell's Angels, Mongols and those groups telling them " give us your guns".

It also has to be ratified by congress.

Just the Senate. Treaties are "chopped off" by the Senate... comes from the days when the Senate were actually representatives of the State Governments rather than another "People's House" with wider constituencies, as present.

I have always thought that reverting election/appointment of Senators to the State Governments would go a long way toward reaffirming the 10th Ammendment. (In sore need of reaffirming, IMHO.)

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back