It Starts With a Punch

Hey JJ, "Insult my wife" continues... :biggrin: Perhaps A good time to bump that thread again...:sarcastic:

edsworld: :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be a member of the at-risk community as an infirm or crippled senior, would you?

Just curious where the attitude comes from:

Obviously you have never been a victim or know anyone that was victim of a violent crime.

When you have seen evil at it worst, it tends to make you think a little different.

No, let's start a new one! This time we'll call it "Insult my Intelligence" :haha:

I see no value added by engaging in such an activity. Insulting your intelligence would be simplistic and unexciting at best...

What has been written here and is currently being rehashed was the topic of a good thread begun last year. "Insult my wife". Not knowing what will happen from moment to moment in life is what wakes it interesting. Discussing "what if's" is difficult and daunting when it comes to matters of law and responsibility, but engaging in the activity of discussion for the purpose of self education and enlightenment does not a fool make the participant.
If you find the topic of discussion unsettling, unintelligent, or simply silly, don't engage in the discussion. You insist on insulting the participants as if the advice contained in your posts was above all else important and by it's very existence, definitive and necessary information to reach an educated decision. There are bits of good in all the posts. I bet you've not experienced all the possible situations nor been in all the situations posed here in this written discussion... Or am I incorrect? Have you been there and done that?

At some time in life one will come across an individual who is incapable of backing down from an argument and perhaps thrives on the starting of arguments. Unless one lives indoors full time and away from any human contact, the possibility of argument, disagreement, and conflict exists. How one handles the situation can lead to escalation or the peaceful resolution. It is impossible to interpret the intentions of an attacker both verbal and physical. Being insulted verbally is one thing, escalation to the level of physical violence is another. Some individuals thrive on the conflict and will seek it... Is that not why we carry firearms? Knowing when to use the firearm is perhaps the most difficult of the training exercises.

This written discourse for some is part of that exercise. If it causes you pause, simply be gone from it and allow it to continue in your absence...

Looks like the work of icemanmnpls.:wacko:

Never can be sure when or where that @%#^$# pile of #&$^!! will surface... I'll confirm that I am not he..
I have to live with being me. I could never live with being him... Yick!!!

The premise; Expect the unexpected... Because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition...

Nothing conveys a point or story better than pictures. Arlo Guthrie knows that well...

I see no value added by engaging in such an activity. Insulting your intelligence would be simplistic and unexciting at best...
That would explain why it's about all you seem to accomplish in any thread we both post in!
What has been written here and is currently being rehashed was the topic of a good thread begun last year. "Insult my wife".
That was just another example of the threads you seem to like to see looking for ways to justify shooting people which pop up from time-to-time.
Not knowing what will happen from moment to moment in life is what wakes it interesting.
But in your and some other's cases it is the constant fear-driven anxiety you have no satisfaction for except the fantasy world of web forums where you can dream about having justification to shoot somebody.
Discussing "what if's" is difficult and daunting when it comes to matters of law and responsibility, but engaging in the activity of discussion for the purpose of self education and enlightenment does not a fool make the participant.
Except it's alot easier to fantasize about and plan their criminally-related activity when they are just looking for ways to justify shooting somebody.
If you find the topic of discussion unsettling, unintelligent, or simply silly, don't engage in the discussion.
I find it reprehesible, along with the never-ending parade of idiots looking to find some stupid way to justify shooting somebody.

Isn't practice shooting, playing out a fantasy scenario, Running around shooting fake bgs?

Aren't fire drills fanasy scenarios? Or is that just an excuse to run outside naked?

Not to seem hot headed here,because im not.But seeing as i spent thousands of dollars to get Krav Maga training,i might as well use it.Im pretty sure i can take out anyone stupid enough to look for trouble without using my gun.But if it comes down to it,their friends jump in or whatever,im drawing.

Not to seem hot headed here,because im not.But seeing as i spent thousands of dollars to get Krav Maga training,i might as well use it.Im pretty sure i can take out anyone stupid enough to look for trouble without using my gun.But if it comes down to it,their friends jump in or whatever,im drawing.

Krag Maga is an interesting system. A friend of mine is an instructor under the Gidon system.

I'm of the philosophy that one should know how to defend themselves using unarmed techniques, and Krag Maga is a good way to do so. However, under threat of death or great bodily harm regardless of unarmed capabilities I'd be inclined to respond with deadly force.

Thats where situational awareness comes in.Does he have friends cheering him on? A knife on his belt? I dont exactly think a punch from one man needs deadly force,especially if i have my friends along to help should it get out of hand.

Thats where situational awareness comes in.Does he have friends cheering him on? A knife on his belt? I dont exactly think a punch from one man needs deadly force,especially if i have my friends along to help should it get out of hand.

I'm of the philosophy that one should know how to defend themselves using unarmed techniques, and Krag Maga is a good way to do so. However, under threat of death or great bodily harm regardless of unarmed capabilities I'd be inclined to respond with deadly force.

I was saying that Krav Maga is well and good to defend against unarmed/non lethal attacks, however regardless of skill in unarmed combat I think the response to an attack where death or great bodily harm IN MY OPINION the response is deadly force, that's all. Not saying you should shoot a guy for trying to punch you...

One of our CCW permit instuctors asked what I wanted to carry a gun for, and I told him the usual retoric, safety, person protection, bla,bla,bla, but I had known him for a while, had seen him around, we both ride bikes, and I though what the hell I may as well tell him the main reason for wanting to carry a weapon, I said I want to carry because the next time some A*****E tryed to INTENTIONALY run me over when I'm on my motorcycle, I intended to fill that SOB full of holes, he said, (I might add he's a deputy sherriff,) ok but I hope you have witness's, I said I hope I would, because in two recent incidents while riding I would have had a boatload of witness's, as far as pulling my weapon instead of dukeing it out, if it went that far, and there was no retreat, i would spray him, and if that didn't do it, I would think by this time my wife would her 9mm screwed into his ear, she would definatly do it, if he was really that brain dead to keep it up when he turned to her, he would most likly get a 45 slug in the head

Prosecutor: Do you know any martial arts?
Defendent: I do. Krav Maga.
P: And would this... Krav Maga have allowed you defend yourself from the decedent's attacks?
D: I suppose it might have.
P: Without killing him?
D: I suppose it might have.
P: Then why did you feel the need to instead pull your .45 caliber customized 1911 semi-automatic loaded with jacketted hollow points and fire three shots into the decedent killing him if you could have ended his attack using non-lethal means?
D: ...

Prosecutor: Do you know any martial arts?

Any attorney worth their $300-$1,200 an hour would object to questioning that involves speculation. Speculation is inadmissible in most cases. I don't see that as a valid reason to risk your life to save the life of one who is attacking you with deadly force. (Again, not a punch...deadly force).

If you are not going to protect yourself, don't carry a gun.

Better yet -If you carry a gun, learn to PROPERLY protect your self.

There is a term in most court rooms call "reasonible force". Meaning, you are intitled to use "reasonible force" in your self defense.

Sometimes "we" need to learn to "man up" and just walk away.

Umm people have died from one punch clear sight

Yep.

I would try to avoid the situation completely but as has been pointed out, one punch can kill. I have already had surgery on my neck twice. 3 cervical vertebrae fused and plastic and screws holding up a fourth. A hard punch could very easily make me a cripple for life or dead. So it depends on where you are also likely to get punched. If it looked like it would be a head punch to me, sorry, but the gun would come out.

Situational awareness has been mentioned. Walking away has been mentioned. Never being somewhere you should not be in the first place (kind of like situational awareness and part of the Plaxico Burris rule--"if you needed a gun to go in there, why did you go in there in the first place?") has been mentioned. Imminent threat to death or great bodily injury is preeminent and has been mentioned. Then and only then does your firearm come out and it comes out to use it, not to brandish it or show it off, or fire at someone's hubcaps or fire in the air--it comes out to defend yourself and if you are trained well, it comes out to alter the lifestyle of the puncher.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back