What Do You Carry?

Depends on where I am/where I'm going. I've got my FN57 in my vehicle at present, but have an appointment this p.m. in a shady part of town and want the 20 in the mag. I have a Franklin planner clone that holds my Kimber Tatical II, just fine. It's usually in my vehicle when not on my person. I also have a wallet that I mostly carry, that houses my Keltek .380. I'm going to Vegas (hopefully next month) to attend the 4-day defensive class at frontsight. I got in on a deal they offered a couple of months back, where they include a XD40, my next carrying device. When I pick it up, then I'll re-evaluate my when-why-and-what-fors.

Currently I carry a M-9 aka Berretta 92 and a M-4 carbine in 5.56mm courtesy of Uncle Sam. Once I return to the states and get my permit will be packing my 45 1911 full size Kimber. I am thinking of getting a nice little light weight 38 from Taurus for summer carry and times when the 45 would be too obvious. I also have a Ruger Blackhawk for out in the woods.

What's in your wallet?

I carry a full size USP45. I am a big guy so it does'nt print to badly. My other choice is a baby eagle in .40 S&W.

Grandad always said never take a gun to gun fight; the caliber of which does not start with the number four.

My favorite carry gun is a Glock 19. when its cooler and I wear heavier coats I carry a CZ-75B 9MM every now and then. The Glock is easier to carry though and 9 days out of ten thats what I carry.

What do you carry?

I carry a Charter Arms undercover in .38 spl.. I used to carry a Bersa Thunder .380.but a friend of mine saw it and offered a m1 carbine for it. I now stick the carbine in my trunk if I'm going somewhere shady and keep a couple of speed loaders with +P+ in my other pocket for the CA.

Like a (slightly-tilted-fanatical-conspiraist) buddy of mine says, "The only reason I carry a handgun is so I can get to my rifle..."

What do you carry ? What do I carry ?

Got the Ohio CCW permit almost 4 years ago but have CC'd for over 40 years (business related.)

For CC I alternate between a S&W SS Model 60 w/Federal .38 PP loads or a SS PARA Carry 3" -.45cal Federal PP loads. Pachmayr rubber grips on both.

Both carried in IWB Galco suede crossdraw at 11:00. Both easily concealed in summer with shirt out and in winter with a sweatshirt or pullover. I tried a hard IWB Galco but it was too bulky for me.

The IWB crossdraw position is easier for me to access in a vehicle, from a seated position in a restaurant, or when walking with a jacket on. I tried a 4:00 position but that didn't work for me as well.

When working in my detached garage I have either a Colt 1911 5" -.45 or a Browning Hi-Power 9mm in a Fobus paddle OWB. Here in Ohio we seem to be getting more home invasion folks hitting our neighborhoods so I feel forced to do that.

Sorry for the long answer. Usually when I'm at the range some of the newer guys ask about this same subject so possibly some on here would get a chuckle out of what an old guy uses.

I carry a S&W Model 36 most of the time plus two speed loaders. Long trips and bad area's it's a Sig P228. I love the Sig, great weapon only issue is it's a little cumbersome to carry. I use a Bianchi Shadow holster to keep it tight on my hip but wearing it all day is tough.
The "Chief" has a lot of sentimental value and it's a tough little pistol. Smith don't make them like this anymore.

I'm having issues with an old charge from Maryland so I don't have my CCW in FL yet. I do however keep my M&P 9mm in my home/car/work. I've had a VA CCW and carried a Glock 27 either "Mexican" or in a thunderwear rig when I need better retention.

Due to my new grip style I don't like Glocks much anymore but, the M&P is a VERY nice replacement. I don't like switching firearms for carry, I just change my method. I also have a renewed faith in the 9mm cartridge for defensive purposes and I prefer more ammo instead of maybe more "punch".

Well placed shots on multiple BG is more likely to be the case in my enviroment. Please no "spray and pray" comments. ;)

If you like "more ammo", then the FN 5.7x28 might ge the gun for you. I'm considering picking one up for work. The gun comes with 3 magazines that hold 20 rounds each! I've seen good reviews of the cartridge. Excellent knockdown power and some great loads.

I'll do my own "field evaluations" once I get the gun in hand. :)

gf

If you like "more ammo", then the FN 5.7x28 might ge the gun for you. I'm considering picking one up for work. The gun comes with 3 magazines that hold 20 rounds each! I've seen good reviews of the cartridge. Excellent knockdown power and some great loads.

I'll do my own "field evaluations" once I get the gun in hand.

gf

Sure wish I can have one of those here in MD, 20 rds. makes this one a no no!

If you like "more ammo", then the FN 5.7x28 might ge the gun for you. I'm considering picking one up for work. The gun comes with 3 magazines that hold 20 rounds

I have one and love it. I also had one mag converted to a 30 round. Never know when you might need a few extra. The safety is ambetextrous, that is good. Don't know if I would consider carrying it concealed or not yet. Need to get more familiar.....:cool:

depending on what I am wearing, I carry a TZ75 compact 9mm in my front pocket, or a full size EAA Witness .45 or full size Baby Eagle .40 in an in-the-pant holster at the small of my back. I'd have to say the Baby Eagle has the best grip out of any pistol I've held. very accurate as well!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back