Would you shoot down a drone over your back yard?

Even crazy uncle Joe Biden advocates firing a shotgun into the air....

1. FAA? Read - Link Removed.

2. Ever head of duck hunting? One can shoot a shotgun in the air in every state.

Each case is different. Don't generalize. I'm talking about specifically when that thing causes threat, annoyance or alarm. You'd be arrested son.

Sir, I read your FAA link. I wonder, sir, is this how you DEFEND your clients? You simply listed rules, guidelines, and proof that these drones are indeed defined as aircraft and thus protected againt malice by someone downing them! You make me question whether you ever won a case...

Regarding 2), I tried to make it very clear for you that it does not matter HOW you down the drone; just the act of downing it is a criminal federal offense. Forget your shotgun, it has nothing to do with the fact of downing the drone.

Yes, every case is different. Please sir, DO go look at them, they are occurring weekly all over the world. And the person who irresponsibly downs the drone gets charged with a crime most of the time.

Go ahead, keep counseling people they can down drones at will, but don't blame us when someone finally comes back after you for counselling as a lawyer that it is ok to do.

Sir, I respectfully suggest you missed the whole point of the argument by getting stuck on your shotgun: The fact remains, in black and white, no generalizing will change it, that downing an aircraft is a federal offense and you are looking at a potential felony conviction. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it sir.

I suppose next sir you will counsel forum members that it is perfectly legal to shine lasers at aircraft too?

Sir, I read your FAA link. I wonder, sir, is this how you DEFEND your clients? You simply listed rules, guidelines, and proof that these drones are indeed defined as aircraft and thus protected againt malice by someone downing them! You make me question whether you ever won a case...

Regarding 2), I tried to make it very clear for you that it does not matter HOW you down the drone; just the act of downing it is a criminal federal offense. Forget your shotgun, it has nothing to do with the fact of downing the drone.

Yes, every case is different. Please sir, DO go look at them, they are occurring weekly all over the world. And the person who irresponsibly downs the drone gets charged with a crime most of the time.

Go ahead, keep counseling people they can down drones at will, but don't blame us when someone finally comes back after you for counselling as a lawyer that it is ok to do.

Sir, I respectfully suggest you missed the whole point of the argument by getting stuck on your shotgun: The fact remains, in black and white, no generalizing will change it, that downing an aircraft is a federal offense and you are looking at a potential felony conviction. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it sir.

I suppose next sir you will counsel forum members that it is perfectly legal to shine lasers at aircraft too?
You brought up the firing of the gun as illegal in every state. I replied to you.

You didn't read what I sent you. H.R. 658-62 requires the FAA set standards for SAFE operation of civilian unmanned aircraft. The standards shall govern the use, licensing and registration of drones and their operators. "Acceptable standards for safe operations." The feds are about to curb drone use heavily. Many states are working-out laws right now to regulate your toy.

Remember, it's a toy no matter what you paid for it. Use it to stalk, harass or annoy my family and I'm knocking it down. Call the police, I don't care. Imagine that complaint... Officer I've been flying my toy over this guy's home watching his daughter, buzzing the property, making noise and causing annoyance and alarm. He asked me to cease with my willful act and I refused. So he shot-down my toy. I tried to go get my toy but he chased me off his property. You just made an admission against your state penal interest. Cop may try to contact me but I'm under no obligation to speak to him or even allow him on the property. Goodbye drone, owner and cop. Come back tomorrow and I'll do it again.

No one wants to drive you off. Just to make you understand actions have consequences.

No, in your world actions don't have consequences, the written word does. You keep whining about how I seemingly obsess over nothing but your opinions. Well, the only "action" I have "taken" on this forum is to express my own opinions of your opinions, which you have done vice-versa, only your opinions include threats of harassment and baseless conjecture about my surviving family's mental health status, of which you haven't a clue if I even have any.

You are now nothing more significant than a common troll. If you really possess a law degree, it is meaningless in such a venue as a discussion forum. The only exception to that would be if you used your claimed knowledge and experience to educate rather than denigrate and/or rather than try to shut down discussion with dismissals like, "Cite a law or end it" or, "Now go get a law degree if you want to be a wiseguy." I'm sure you're aware since you wrote them that such dismissals are overly-prolific throughout your postings in the short time you've been here.

Nothing is of-limits. Not one, but two eyes for an eye.

Again, no, there is indeed off-limits banter on this (and nearly every other) forum. I posted those limits as a public service to anyone, including you, who couldn't just abide by them without having them shoved in their/your face. You dismissed that too.

This "two eyes for an eye" stuff is the silliest thing I've read on any forum. I mean, I get it; you feel insulted by me referring to you as a big-government, police-state-lovin' hack. You probably didn't appreciate being called a liar either. The former is an expressed opinion which certainly has the potential to be wrong, but the latter is stone-cold fact, proven so by your own posts, which I'd be happy to reiterate for you if you're still confused about what constitutes a misstatement or misunderstood post by you, and what constitutes a lie. Regardless, the last time that I can find that I used the "big-government, police-state-lovin' hack" opinion of what your posts reveal about you was literally seven days ago. That was the same day you started in on my sister's death as your "two eyes for an eye" vengeful, hateful and attempt at being intentionally hurtful rants, and here you are seven days later still doing it. In case you haven't noticed, it really hasn't worked in the way you hoped it would. I haven't displayed anything but the most measured of responses, while the pressure in your boiler is getting closer to the red-line with each passing day.

Do what you want TK. Keep trolling if you have no better control of yourself than to conduct a harassment campaign over sleights you feel by the written word, but don't pretend that you're above the rules or that trolls who won't quit will be tolerated here indefinitely. Try as you might to make it different, both of my eyes are just fine.

Blues

No, in your world actions don't have consequences, the written word does. You keep whining about how I seemingly obsess over nothing but your opinions. Well, the only "action" I have "taken" on this forum is to express my own opinions of your opinions, which you have done vice-versa, only your opinions include threats of harassment and baseless conjecture about my surviving family's mental health status, of which you haven't a clue if I even have any.

You are now nothing more significant than a common troll. If you really possess a law degree, it is meaningless in such a venue as a discussion forum. The only exception to that would be if you used your claimed knowledge and experience to educate rather than denigrate and/or rather than try to shut down discussion with dismissals like, "Cite a law or end it" or, "Now go get a law degree if you want to be a wiseguy." I'm sure you're aware since you wrote them that such dismissals are overly-prolific throughout your postings in the short time you've been here.

Again, no, there is indeed off-limits banter on this (and nearly every other) forum. I posted those limits as a public service to anyone, including you, who couldn't just abide by them without having them shoved in their/your face. You dismissed that too.

This "two eyes for an eye" stuff is the silliest thing I've read on any forum. I mean, I get it; you feel insulted by me referring to you as a big-government, police-state-lovin' hack. You probably didn't appreciate being called a liar either. The former is an expressed opinion which certainly has the potential to be wrong, but the latter is stone-cold fact, proven so by your own posts, which I'd be happy to reiterate for you if you're still confused about what constitutes a misstatement or misunderstood post by you, and what constitutes a lie. Regardless, the last time that I can find that I used the "big-government, police-state-lovin' hack" opinion of what your posts reveal about you was literally seven days ago. That was the same day you started in on my sister's death as your "two eyes for an eye" vengeful, hateful and attempt at being intentionally hurtful rants, and here you are seven days later still doing it. In case you haven't noticed, it really hasn't worked in the way you hoped it would. I haven't displayed anything but the most measured of responses, while the pressure in your boiler is getting closer to the red-line with each passing day.

Do what you want TK. Keep trolling if you have no better control of yourself than to conduct a harassment campaign over sleights you feel by the written word, but don't pretend that you're above the rules or that trolls who won't quit will be tolerated here indefinitely. Try as you might to make it different, both of my eyes are just fine.

Blues
You sure are a long winded bull$h!t artist. Looked at some of those other sites. Holy $h!t man, you have tens of thousands of angry posts all over the web! You got no other life. Never knew anyone to spend their life on so many chat boards. And the anger cuts like a knife.

You remind me exactly why I don't normally participate in chat sites. Long-winded, anal-retentive, argumentative, nut-jobs like you tearing into people by the thousands and keeping track of every statement someone makes for the purpose of demeaning them later. I tried to ignore you. It didn't work. I attacked you coldly on painful personal issues so you'd understand what that meanness feels like. While that's not generally my character I apologize for anything out of bounds. And since it's apparent you have no ability to stop insulting everyone, any other statement is a waste. So you win. The prize? Emperor of USA Carry. I leave you to your a$$h0!es.

Again you responded with an insult. But you wanted my attention and a response didn't you? Happy now?

So was there some fault of the parents? Did this condition run in the family? Do others suffer from the same condition? Was there abuse?

You understand me now sh!t-kicker? It's about time someone slapped you back. You began this exchange with unprovoked insults and name calling over my opinion on a topic. Same as thousands of your posts. I never criticized you or made any comment to you. I asked you repeatedly to stop. You won't. So this will continue. You can call mommy and file a complaint over terms of use but that won't change anything. Or maybe you can call one of those lawyers you hate so much. All you have to do is leave me alone. It's really that easy.

Link Removed

You sure are a long winded bull$h!t artist. Looked at some of those other sites. Holy $h!t man, you got no life!!! Never knew anyone to spend their life on 20 chat boards. So now you want to run to mommy and complain? Please Mr. Admin help me? You of all people? maybe you should call an attorney. I know a good attorney in TN who specializes in $h!t-kickers .

I'll admit that I've been tempted to report your trolling, but I haven't, don't plan to, and that was not what I implied in the post you're responding to. This is indeed a lightly-moderated "chat board," but people have been banned. I have no idea whether or not anyone else reported those who got banned, but I didn't.

There was a guy who was a regular here for a few years who quit coming around earlier this year. He had a more-than-valid complaint about another poster who kept making allusions to the guy's murdered child, saying the most vile and crude things to him about the child and the murder. The victim of this troll and I were friendly enough, though we definitely did have our differences over the years, but we got through them by each of us making an effort to understand where the other was coming from. It wasn't until I heard the whole story of the murder via a PM from him that I figured out that the prism through which I was viewing our disagreements was completely out of focus because I was taking things much too personally. It was at least a couple years later that the troll started in on him about his murdered child. In an understandable fit of rage, he went looking for all the proof he could find of the troll's transgressions in an effort to get him banned, and found no shortage of instances to report. He posted his findings to make his case in public, and used some of the troll's trollings against me to do it. I wrote a PM telling him that I've always believed that the appropriate response to offensive speech was more speech that proves the fallacy and/or inappropriateness of the offensive speech, and scolded him for using my name and the transgressions the troll had committed on me to try to shut the troll down altogether. Bans, I told him, did nothing to counter the offending speech.

That guy reminds me of you in multiple ways. He was from upstate NY. He wasn't a lawyer, but his life-long best friend was, and he would consult his friend asking for scholarship on a given legal or political topic and then recount his friend's responses here. It's amazing how similar yours and his uses of the English language are. Uncanny even. He might've even called me "Mr. Constitution" before. The meter and syntax between the two of you is identical. He could get as dismissive as anyone ever was before you came. He even used the term "chat board" to describe this and other internet forums. In fact, another similarity is that he shared with me where he was going to move to after he managed to close out all of his business interests in NY - North Carolina. Weird, huh?

Most folks who have been regulars here for awhile know who I'm referring to. I'm not going to name him because there is certainly a possibility that it is just a coincidence how similarly y'all write, and since it truthfully pains me that he left right after I scolded him for using my name to try to get someone banned, I sure wouldn't want to go public with his user-name and have him come back after the extended break he's been on and find me accusing him of signing up with another user-name. I never really thought it had anything to do with me or that scolding to begin with. He realized that he let the troll get under his skin too far, I think, but whether he did or not, he said that he wouldn't stay here and have those gruesome memories drudged up time and time again with no consequences befalling the drudger. So when he stopped coming here, I figured that was why. But now you're here trolling me about a very similarly tragic and personal family issue, sounding just like the guy, and it's really starting to feel like you're him and trying to get me to see how it feels to be so personally harassed, maligned, and reminded of a very terrible time for no reason other than that you don't like how or what I write, which is exactly the reason the poster trolling him was doing it.

In any case, I would not turn to the owner of this site to either ask for him to warn or ban you, any more than I would allow a person with whom I thought I was friendly use my name against another to do the same thing.

However, that I would never turn to the owner for that purpose where you're concerned, does not mean that the owner would not take it upon himself to rid his board of a common troll. He's done it before.

Blues

You sure are a long winded bull$h!t artist. Looked at some of those other sites. Holy $h!t man, you have tens of thousands of angry posts all over the web! You got no other life. Never knew anyone to spend their life on so many chat boards. And the anger cuts like a knife.

You remind me exactly why I don't normally participate in chat sites. Long-winded, anal-retentive, argumentative, nut-jobs like you tearing into people by the thousands and keeping track of every statement someone makes for the purpose of demeaning them later. I tried to ignore you. It didn't work. I attacked you coldly on painful personal issues so you'd understand what that meanness feels like. While that's not generally my character I apologize for anything out of bounds. And since it's apparent you have no ability to stop insulting everyone, any other statement is a waste. So you win. The prize? Emperor of USA Carry. I leave you to your a$$h0!es.

Just for the record, my reply above was (obviously) made before TroutKing edited his post. There was no apology when I hit reply, as half-hearted as the one he edited in is anyway.

To the extent that I've had vitriolic differences with anyone here, none of y'all, whether friend or foe, are "my" a$$ho!es as far as I'm concerned, and regardless of his claim of higher character than that which he showed me, to say that about the whole board contradicts that statement.

If that is the person I suspect it might be, I hate that it went so sideways. Heck, I hate it even if he's not that person, but more similarities came to light in both his last couple or three posts, and the subsequent edits. If he means what he says about leaving, I guess none of us a$$ho!es will ever know for sure. Too bad though.
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

Wow, you guys love to go on tangents!!!

Link Removed

Link Removed

First off this was not a $100 toy drone your neighbor kid is flying, this looks to be the $1400 Phantom 2.

So the drone was 200+ feet above his property actively moving to a location and not hovering when it was shot down, it was not even on or over his property when he shot it. He says he was flying to some friends houses but when he points to them on the screen they are in a different direction than what the drone was traveling but maybe the audio is out of sync?

Now that's not to say the guy with the drone was not being a creep and spying on little kids in their swimsuits, instead of showing us the flight data on the I-pad he should be showing us what he was recording with the camera attached to the drone but the memory card magically disappeared!

Not sure if this is the real video or not but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQE9ozut57Q

Looks like the "cached" video of his panning down into the guys yard is conveniently lost, I would be interested in comparing this time stamp to the flight path.

Reviewing the camera capability it doesn't seem to be all that amazing, don't think you would be able to see any detail really at 200-250ft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIAfjtdPgI

Then again it doesn't look like he was using the stock camera?

Edit:
Looks like a phantom 2 Vision+ and at 130ish feet you cant make out anything other than the scenery really, I'm going to go with the shotgun man is just a little too paranoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgvMHh-l91s

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back