Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

I am Black. I think O.J. was guilty in 1996 (and I was taken to task for having that position by all my Black friends) and, just like with Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman, I firmly believe that in all three cases, the victims did not receive the justice they deserved. I don't expect everyone to agree with me or my reasoning, but I take exception to being labeled something I'm not. Just because I'm Black doesn't mean I'm automatically going to side with the Black person in cases where the alleged criminal and victim are of different races.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nobody cares what color your skin is. Before you accuse me of the race card, I was just showing you I am neither black, latino or white and am neutral as far as race goes. We only care that your motivation in this is Trayvon's skin color.

Zimmerman lied about Trayvon seeing his gun;
He lied about not knowing the Stand Your Ground law;
He lied about Trayvon jumping out of some bushes on him;
He lied about not knowing the name of the street he was on (in a neighborhood in which he had lived for 4 years);
He lied when he said Trayvon was covering his mouth and squeezing his nose shortly before Trayvon tried to grab for his gun.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

Evidence presented substantiated Zimmerman's claims.

Nobody cares what color your skin is. Before you accuse me of the race card, I was just showing you I am neither black, latino or white and am neutral as far as race goes. We only care that your motivation in this is Trayvon's skin color.

And I'm telling you that race is NOT my motivation. Stop saying that it is!

Although it's a shame that a group of people can force a criminal trial on anyone in this country. Talk about violating someone's Civil Rights.......

This was a public lynching aided and abetted by the Federal Gov't and the Media. And I thought that the DOJ was supposed to protect against such acts of blatant racism and terror.

And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

What would it take for me to believe Zimmerman did the right thing? Well gee, that's a loaded question! I saw the proceedings and came to my own conclusion, just as I'm sure you saw them and came to your own. Based on the testimony I saw, George Zimmerman was wrong and the jury got this wrong.

As the Defense showed, there were 4 long minutes when Trayvon had the right and responsibility to get away from there and go home. If you have a child that thinks someone is following them, what do you tell them to do? If they can hide where they aren’t seen, do you tell them to walk out and start talking to the follower? It is to run away when they can and scream loud if the follower keeps coming at them. At no time did his conversation with the girlfriend suggest that GZ was close behind him, only that he was following him. Trayvon got out of GZ's sight and should have gone home.
----In spite of 16 months of media potraying him as a very young small innocent kid, Trayvon was not small nor a saint. That does not mean we should not care that a young man died. It does require an objective look by media and those coming to grips with the tragedy that transpired to look at the whole image that was Trayvon Martin. Maybe he did some good things but he also had several events in his life the media conveniently left out which might have explained why this athlete didn’t just run home. He could have outrun GZ. But, he had a preoccupation with MMA fighting, had several school disciplinary actions and suspensions, used marijuana, said he wanted to get a handgun as well as others.
----GZ was doing what the association was asking of him as Neighborhood Watch member. As he was driving to the store, he saw someone who did not appear to belong in the neighborhood, looking all around in other words, suspicious. With a history in the development of breakins and burglaries by youth of all races, GZ notified 911 and tried to get a location to meet the police. Only when prompted by 911 did he say he thought the person may be black. He was attempting to get an address where the police could come to search when the 911 operator, NOT POLICE told Zimmerman he did not need to do that. GZ turned around to head back to his car when confronted by Trayvon. Make no mistake Trayvon could have gotten away and would not be dead. Whether he felt GZ was following him unfairly or not, he had NO justification for striking GZ or straddling him or banging his head on the cement. The only injury Trayvon suffered was one gun shot. There was no evidence presented that GZ hit Martin even once. So how do you see that GZ was a threat to Trayvon, a fat short out of shape older guy vs the almost 6” foot Martin 160 lbs, with training in MMA and “street smarts”.
----I have just one more question for you and all these people stirring up anger over a court decision demanding “justice” for Trayvon. Where is all the anger for the dozens of blacks killed and injured every week in liberal city USA, Chicago? Trayvon become a rallying cry for those who want to promote racism by the black community. If it was really concern for the lives “of the black children” these kinds of protests would be taking place every day for the children of Chicago. Since it is 95% black on black or black on white crime in Chicago, racism can’t be used so Rev Al and Jesse, NAACP, etc. have no reason to promote rallies condemning those killings since racism lines their pockets. When I see a response showing the same concern for Chicago children and see the President giving the same emphasis to Chicago killings as one death in Sanford, FL, then I will know this is really about the children.

----I have just one more question for you and all these people stirring up anger over a court decision demanding “justice” for Trayvon. Where is all the anger for the dozens of blacks killed and injured every week in liberal city USA, Chicago? Trayvon become a rallying cry for those who want to promote racism by the black community. If it was really concern for the lives “of the black children” these kinds of protests would be taking place every day for the children of Chicago. Since it is 95% black on black or black on white crime in Chicago, racism can’t be used so Rev Al and Jesse, NAACP, etc. have no reason to promote rallies condemning those killings since racism lines their pockets. When I see a response showing the same concern for Chicago children and see the President giving the same emphasis to Chicago killings as one death in Sanford, FL, then I will know this is really about the children.

I feel the same way. Black men are dying on the streets of America's cities every day, not at the hands of the police or the KKK as Jesse and Al would have us think, but sadly, mostly at the hands of other black men, and that's not being reported in the news, nor is it receiving any attention from Jesse and Al. Self defense or not, those families are just as devastated as the family of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman lied about Trayvon seeing his gun;

He didn't lie. Look at the recreation video he made the next day. This is a partial clip, but the part you're talking about starts about 3:10 or so. He said "He saw it..." and corrected his statement by saying, "I felt like he saw it." Check it out for yourself:

http://youtu.be/55l2Dj6AeFY

He lied about not knowing the Stand Your Ground law;

Supposedly, he learned of the "Stand Your Ground" law in a college class, right? Well, would you expect the college professor to speak in terms of a nick-name about the code section to which it refers, or to speak in terms of its real name? Because the title of the section is "Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force." You would convict him for not knowing the nick-name of a law that the prosecutors claim he learned about in college, where they deal with code sections, code numbers and real titles?

He lied about Trayvon jumping out of some bushes on him;

He was never unequivocal about that. At times he said bushes, and other times he said "out of the darkness." He believed that TM hid in bushes, but the possibilities of where he actually hid are plentiful. And the relevant point to anyone looking for "justice" in this case, should be that TM hid anywhere at all, and that he made the first contact when he said "What you following me for" or something to that effect. The fact that GZ didn't know exactly where he was hiding is irrelevant; the fact that he was hiding is highly relevant.

He lied about not knowing the name of the street he was on (in a neighborhood in which he had lived for 4 years);

Let's say that's true, that he did indeed lie about not knowing the street name. How far in advance of the actual meet-up was that? It was right after GZ said, "S-it, he's running" and that's when he got out of his vehicle. That is the precise point at which he lost sight of TM, so we know from trial that it was a full four minutes before the actual meet-up. What does the name of the street have to do with anything even if he did lie about it? Are you suggesting that "forgetting" the name of the street is part of some conspiracy to utilize the "Stand Your Ground" law four minutes later when he had no idea that TM would even still be in the area when he got back there? How does his lying about the street name or not defeat reasonable doubt in a juror's mind? It's a meaningless factoid that he didn't give the name of the street, whether he really did forget it or not. It has literally nothing to do with supporting or defeating reasonable doubt.

He lied when he said Trayvon was covering his mouth and squeezing his nose shortly before Trayvon tried to grab for his gun.

This is absolute, rank conjecture. Because Trayvon didn't have blood on whichever hand he put over his mouth and nose, it's a lie on GZ's part that it ever happened? You do know that it was raining that night, right? You do know that the grass was soaked, right? TM didn't even have his own blood on his hands, and the prosecution made a big deal about his hands being underneath him clutching his chest wound. Can you explain why he wouldn't have his own blood on his hands if that was true? I can. Because the first cops on the scene turned him over in the rain and spent several minutes performing CPR on him. His hands were virtually clean when his autopsy was performed. Not having GZ's blood on his hands is much less questionable than not having his own blood on his hands, but there it is.

None of the minor inconsistencies you mention above have anything to do with the second at which Zimmerman made the decision to shoot TM, at least not in a legal sense. If he got it wrong that TM saw his weapon, and likewise got it wrong that TM was reaching for it, he definitely got it right that his head was being slammed against concrete. That fact alone, whether it was for two seconds or all 45 seconds of the Lauer Tape, is all that was needed for a reasonable belief that he was going to suffer great bodily injury or death if he didn't escalate to deadly force. That was the question for the jury, and God bless 'em, they saw through all the emotional arguments and distilled it down to just the legal question: Did Zimmerman employ deadly force according to the law or not? They say he did, and that is all the "justice" we have a right to demand of jurors.

Blues

Here's what I'll concede though. People on both sides acknowledge all of the things GZ could've done differently, but I have yet to see any TM sympathizers acknowledge the same about TM. I'm not a parent, but when I do become one, I would teach my kids to call 911 if they're being followed, or, if they're as close to home as TM was, to run home and let me and the police deal with the "creepy ass you-know-what" (not that I'd be teaching my kids to use racist words though).

Edit: tricolordad, the burden is on you to prove that I am. Don't speculate.

Nope, it's on you. TCD has more credibility than you do. Don't believe it? Take a vote...

Why do I feel like I'm conversing with a third grader?

Just show me anything that I said that shows that my sympathies are racially motivated. You won't find it because I didn't say it. For the last freakin time, my sympathies for Trayvon Martin are NOT racially motivated! Sorry if you feel that you're conversing with a third grader, but when people say things about me that are untrue, my natural response is to set the record straight.

Just show me anything that I said that shows that my sympathies are racially motivated. You won't find it because I didn't say it. For the last freakin time, my sympathies for Trayvon Martin are NOT racially motivated! Sorry if you feel that you're conversing with a third grader, but when people say things about me that are untrue, my natural response is to set the record straight.

Fair 'nuff. I didn't mention race at all. I only addressed the problems you had with the evidence. Why haven't you responded to it instead of going back and forth on irrelevant trivialities?

Fair 'nuff. I didn't mention race at all. I only addressed the problems you had with the evidence. Why haven't you responded to it instead of going back and forth on irrelevant trivialities?

We can go back and forth on this for another ten pages, but nothing I say will change anyone's mind, and nothing any of you say will change my mind. The fact is, you guys see the evidence one way, and I see it a totally different way. Take a vote if you want to. What's it gonna change? GZ is a free man (and I use the term "free" loosely in Zimmerman's case) and TM is still dead. What this verdict, and indeed this discussion show, is just how deeply divided the country is on this issue.

Apparently, according to you, every single person who believed Zimmerman was guilty believed so not on the basis of fact, but on emotion, while every single person who believed he was innocent did so on the basis of the evidence alone. Alrighty then.

tattedupboy, I understand your frustrations. We all have them. You MUST realize that what you said above, minus some accusatory wording, is in fact how our criminal justice system works; persons (including the jury) believed GZ was innocent because the evidence, after being weighed, supported it. Your observation that persons who believed GZ was guilty, did so on emotion, is also correct, even in those cases where those persons followed the proceedings, or those who didn't understand judicial law.

The stupidity of both parties contributed to this tragedy, but the acquittal was legal, just, and warranted. I'm not taking sides here. If the roles were reversed, my opinion would have been exactly the same. Count on it. I'm colorblind on this case. There should be no division. The divisiveness has been thrust into this case by parties tracing back to our own DOJ, CIC, and all the usual suspects that scream racial hatred in this country. Until one gets past those who fan the racial flames, divisiveness will always be with us, to the detriment of all races.

Many comments from well educated blacks have suggested calm, prayer, and tolerance in the wake of this tragedy. These same black scholars and ministers respect our judicial system, believe in it, and have spoken against divisive racial motivations. Not that it matters, but I am white, and I would stand shoulder to shoulder and shake their hands out of respect for their convictions, and poise during this tragedy. I only mention this, not to accuse you of any racial motivation, but to let you know the road to healing, and forgiveness, depends on extending a faithful hand to all races, and realize there are terrible things that happen in our society that we have to work together to improve. We may do better than what I see on the MSM every day...much better.

First Casey Anthony's daughter, and now Trayvon Martin. That now makes two children who have been failed by the justice system in the state of Florida in less than two years.

Say effing what? There's a corrolation how?
Trayvon Martin was not a child, he was a young man.

Why do you post here?

The more that I think about it, the more I question the theory that Zimmerman proceeding on foot to keep Martin in site was a stupid move. What did he do that would have threatened a reasonable individual who wasn't trying to pull something? What should normal people be required to do to keep from pizzing off the punks???

The more that I think about it, the more I question the theory that Zimmerman proceeding on foot to keep Martin in site was a stupid move. What did he do that would have threatened a reasonable individual who wasn't trying to pull something? What should normal people be required to do to keep from pizzing off the punks???

Doesn't seem unreasonable to try and see where tm was going to me, given the circumstances.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

We can go back and forth on this for another ten pages, but nothing I say will change anyone's mind, and nothing any of you say will change my mind. The fact is, you guys see the evidence one way, and I see it a totally different way. Take a vote if you want to. What's it gonna change? GZ is a free man (and I use the term "free" loosely in Zimmerman's case) and TM is still dead. What this verdict, and indeed this discussion show, is just how deeply divided the country is on this issue.

And this just proves that you don't get it. Maybe Indiana is too conservative for you. If you want people to be prosecuted based on your emotions, please try CA, NY, MA and NJ. Your emotions mean zilch anywhere else.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back