Wolf Primers

kn1080

Ive heard notoriously horrible things about Wolf ammunition but, I was wondering if we could discuss Wolf primers? I am a brandy new reloader and I need some advice.

I like them. A couple months ago I ought 20,000 LP primers. I figured I'd do some trading at the gun show but everyone had them! They are a little harder primer. They go bang every time I pull the trigger and I like the brass color instead of the nickel finish. The best thing is they are available!

Thanks alot Red Hat. Maybe I'll Buy some. I was able to find winchester large pistol primers online somewhere and bought 3,000. I think Ill go ahead and buy some of the wolf small pistol primers.

I like them. A couple months ago I ought 20,000 LP primers. I figured I'd do some trading at the gun show but everyone had them! They are a little harder primer. They go bang every time I pull the trigger and I like the brass color instead of the nickel finish. The best thing is they are available!

have you had a chance to chrono any of these? just curious if the consistancy is about the same as CCI or Winchester.

I haven't had a chance to chronograph any. It's been so wet here that I haven't had mine out for some time. From what I have seen from firing them they seem to be no difference in accuracy. For practice and plinking they will work fine. I'd carry them if I needed to.

I do not know what you heard that was bad about Wolfe ammo?, I consisitantly used it for about 3 - 4 years, and rarely had ANY issues with it at all. It is more consistantly accurate than most other ammo, and does not miss-fire. The one issue I did have was the rim on the 45 ACP round is too thick to work with Half-Moon Clips (on the 45 ACP Taurus Raging Bull).(Oopps, my mistake, Taurus Tracker - not Raging Bull).

:no: Wolf primers are great, plus they feed through my Dillon 1050 perfectly. I have used LP, SP and SR. Very consistant velocity. I have read that several top rifle competitors use them. Plus the price is right. I also use Winchester, which are very consistant for me too. They also work well through my Dillons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back