With gun in face, man is fired for not protecting store money

google "family dollar robbed" - I got 2,240,000 hits, including one story about a Family Dollar robbed 3 times in 2 weeks.

I think their marketing plan puts them in places with a lot of drug addicts who don't care about video cameras or even armed security.

All employees should be behind bullet proof glass. entrance and exit doors should be like prisons where you have to let door 1 close and lock behind you before you can proceed through door 2. A detective from the robbery division should be stationed just outside the stores so that the local PD can save on gas.

Sounds to me like they had grounds to fire Brian's boss. Why rob a Family Dollar store, though...geez, you're only going to get a handful of....well....dollars. Rob a gas station that only takes cash - that's where you will get the Benjamins!

Sounds like being fired was the best thing that could have happened to the guy. Once Family Dollar can not find anyone to work for them, they will go out of business, or change their policy.

Brian should have said, "I am glad you are firing me, you aren't doing anything to protect my safety or my life."

Fired? Maybe, JUST maybe. IF the store had a policy for there to be only Z dollars in the register (and a way for the employee to periodicly "trap door" the excess into a secure safe during his shift) but the rober netted MANY TIMES "Z dollars" in the heist. Any previous management warnings the employee may have received for allowing excess cash to accumulate would not help the employee's case.

Short version: It may have been what the employee REPEATEDLY did NOT do PRIOR to having the gun shoved into his face that got him fired. We just don't know.

I went to a Family Dollar in WV on Christmas Day where I saw a "thug" with a hybrid open/concealed carry - meaning that he had a gun carried "somewhat" outside, but really not visible from 3 sides. Not too out of sorts for the MRB/WV area, and I can almost guarantee he wasn't legal. Won't describe him to offend anyone, but sorry for him if he decided to pull that weapon because I had my eye on him...

Hey longslide10, you'd think that our peeps from the 'Burgh would be more savvy toward dealing with carrying. The district manager should understand the 'Burgh district and make decisions accordingly, don't ya think? Geez, we were all brought up with this and unencumbered 2A rights, right?

Oh yeah, I just sent them feedback on what I thought of them...

Here is the link: Link Removed

I went to a Family Dollar in WV on Christmas Day where I saw a "thug" with a hybrid open/concealed carry - meaning that he had a gun carried "somewhat" outside, but really not visible from 3 sides. Not too out of sorts for the MRB/WV area, and I can almost guarantee he wasn't legal. Won't describe him to offend anyone, but sorry for him if he decided to pull that weapon because I had my eye on him...

Hey longslide10, you'd think that our peeps from the 'Burgh would be more savvy toward dealing with carrying. The district manager should understand the 'Burgh district and make decisions accordingly, don't ya think? Geez, we were all brought up with this and unencumbered 2A rights, right?

Yeah you would think they would be being this state is one of the easier to get a ccw in. Maybe the idiot manager was a transplant from say NY or NJ. I am just happy I haven't seen any of those useless "no guns" signs around my area but I don't frequent many businesses either.

The shocking part of this story is that there was $5,000 worth stealing at one Family Dollar. The robber got lucky. You know he was expecting like $40.

Family Dollar should take a lesson from 7-Eleven...turn GFZ into GPZ (Guns Present Zone).

Link Removed

Too bad the owner is such a bad shot.

On another note, notice the last paragraph where a Buffalo Wild Wings was targeted. Think it had anything to do with their GFZ policy? Easy pickin's.

Well someone needs to contact the guy who was fired (regular employee not the manager) and tell him to take a look at company policies for that. If he didnt violate them then he can sue for improper termination and probably emotional trauma, stickin it to Family Dollar.

The shocking part of this story is that there was $5,000 worth stealing at one Family Dollar. The robber got lucky. You know he was expecting like $40.

Did the robber get lucky, or did the manager make sure there was an unusually large amount of cash available?

Seems very odd. Every store I know does drops on a regular basis and more often if needed. No manager on the "up and up" would allow such a sum in the drawers.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back