Why Does the National Weather Service Need Ammo?!

jsimmons

Link Removed

46k rounds of ammo? 16k of which is JHP? Are their forecasts so bad that they feel the need to arm themselves?

This administration seems to be arming all of the federal agencies. This is his civilian army that was alluded to early in his term.

Hey man, I lived in Florida for six years and I'm here to tell you.... Some of those storms are KILLERS!
Better to be armed after a major hurricane than to watch looters take what little you have left!

Just usual government money tricks. When one fund is played out go find another fund that has money. Change a few words to justify the expenditure and shazam we found some more money.

Don't know. But the bastards said it would be sunny today and it rained! The only job (other than Congress) where you can be completely wrong everyday and not get fired. Where do they get these weathermen? Former CIA?

:yes4:

I don't trust anything or anyone in government these days, but this particular story strikes me as a bit paranoid. Alex Jones is hardly the source I would trust to inspire getting all wee-wee'ed up over 46,000 rounds of ammo. That article compares this requisition with the 450 million rounds that DHS ordered within the last few months. How is a 0.1% purchase comparable?

Now let's consider the possible reasons for the NWS needing arms and ammo. Do they employ a security staff? Do they have large facilities that house millions (maybe even billions) of dollars worth of expensive equipment that needs to be protected? Are those facilities spread across the country, maybe even across the world, in pursuit of their legislative mandate to study and report on national weather? If any/all of these questions would be answered in the affirmative, would it not stand to reason that qualifying the necessary number of security personnel to provide such protection, and then equipping them with enough ammo to carry (with the JHP ammo), might run into the 50,000 round range?

46,000 rounds for a full-fledged security force with nationwide responsibilities seems quite inadequate to me. Between just my home and my best friend's home, there are over 12,000 rounds of ammo, and neither one of us are anywhere near as well-stocked as we want/need to be. I find nothing nefarious about such a low number. As usual, Alex Jones and Infowars is just pushin' snake oil to get people worked up over nothin'.

Blues

I don't trust anything or anyone in government these days, but this particular story strikes me as a bit paranoid. Alex Jones is hardly the source I would trust to inspire getting all wee-wee'ed up over 46,000 rounds of ammo. That article compares this requisition with the 450 million rounds that DHS ordered within the last few months. How is a 0.1% purchase comparable?

Now let's consider the possible reasons for the NWS needing arms and ammo. Do they employ a security staff? Do they have large facilities that house millions (maybe even billions) of dollars worth of expensive equipment that needs to be protected? Are those facilities spread across the country, maybe even across the world, in pursuit of their legislative mandate to study and report on national weather? If any/all of these questions would be answered in the affirmative, would it not stand to reason that qualifying the necessary number of security personnel to provide such protection, and then equipping them with enough ammo to carry (with the JHP ammo), might run into the 50,000 round range?

46,000 rounds for a full-fledged security force with nationwide responsibilities seems quite inadequate to me. Between just my home and my best friend's home, there are over 12,000 rounds of ammo, and neither one of us are anywhere near as well-stocked as we want/need to be. I find nothing nefarious about such a low number. As usual, Alex Jones and Infowars is just pushin' snake oil to get people worked up over nothin'.

Blues

Off topic... You should work on this Blues... your stocks are low bud! But, to speak of your points, I think they're valid... good call. I'm not sure how many security personnel the NWS has but I'd imagine 46K rounds isn't enough for a nationwide organization.

Don't know. But the bastards said it would be sunny today and it rained! The only job (other than Congress) where you can be completely wrong everyday and not get fired. Where do they get these weathermen? Former CIA?

:yes4:

I don't know, the executive, legislative and judicial branches all have the same record in that regard. :)

Off topic... You should work on this Blues... your stocks are low bud! But, to speak of your points, I think they're valid... good call. I'm not sure how many security personnel the NWS has but I'd imagine 46K rounds isn't enough for a nationwide organization.

the local NWS security personnel include all of the civilian, Navy, and AF folks. i would imagine there is a lot more then 46k rounds between the 3 of them.

I can't say for sure, but my best guess is for their Security Personnel at their facilities, including Hurricane Hunter locations, etc. There are also outlying posts in areas where some personnel may be armed for security or protective purposes. Many Federal Agencies have their own Security Personnel, instead of a generic Federal Security.

Blues you are a cool rational head my man. I believe the cash strapping of federal agencies would probably lead to issuing only those munitions to be carried while on post. I can only speak for a few cities (namely Seattle and phoenix) but there the police carry one magazine in their weapon and two spares. Ammo used in training probably comes from the guards pockets. Only way such a (comparatively) small purchase of ammo for a federal agency makes much sense to me.

They are having trouble getting the masses to swallow their climate alarmism inspite of cooking the data to make their prognostigations look plausable, so now I believe they are planning on other methods to get us all to stop exhaling CO2.

Since the climate doomsdayers are having problems getting the masses to buy their $ motivated alarmism, even after cooking the data to make their prognostications look more pursuasive, they are now looking at other ways to get to get us to stop exhaling that planet damaging CO2.

Im guessing I could get a front page article on this website if I reported on how many rounds my city police department buys for training...

Many departments in all levels of government have their own security or armed officials for which they buy ammo for training and carrying. Big whoop.

46 thousand rounds is nothing.

Blues

Try this site ...
~
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...&id=bfd95987a1ad9a6dfb22bca4a19150cb&_cview=0

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back