Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I am a Forks Police Department Corrections officer, I would rather CC every day of my life and never need it than never carry and fail to protect innocent people.

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’
-Edmund Burke

Because a deranged lunatic said he was going to kill me. Seriously. I work in media, an occupation well-known for attracting stalkers. About a year ago I (and others at the office) started getting threatening calls and letters. Then the station was vandalized. Then a guy was spotted outside with a knife. When police eventually determined his identity and went to arrest him, he attacked the officers with pepper spray and a club. Not surprisingly, he was found to be a diagnosed schizophrenic who had quit taking his meds. He is currently a guest of the state, and I hold no grudge.

But while he was still on the loose, I never knew if he was going to spring out of the bushes when I arrived for work at four a.m. Did I have a CCW at the time? No. Did I get a CCW ASAP? Damn Skippy I did! Did I carry anyway until I had a CCW? I invoke The Fifth.

I now carry everyday, and employ the same level of awareness I practiced in the military. I find the best policy is too always be looking for the proverbial badguy in the bushes. I also encourage my friends to get the permit, practice regularly, carry always, and be ready at all times.

In my opinion, an unarmed citizen is a victim waiting to happen. All you have to do is listen to your police scanner for a week to convince you. Going out in public and interacting with people without a gun is like going out into a four-lane highway without a car. You're gonna get run over sooner than later.

We have a duty to defend ourselves. It is not the duty of our parents or the police or our spouse or anyone else to be responsible for the defense of our life. Because of that, I make sure I carry enough hardware to answer any challenge.

i carry because anything can happen at any given time and safety for me and my family are most important! Im still trying to find a "inside the pants holster for my ar-15"

i carry because anything can happen at any given time and safety for me and my family are most important! Im still trying to find a "inside the pants holster for my ar-15"

It's simple, because I can. I have a responsibility to my family's protection. I work hard for what I have. God willing, and gun in hand, I will not let anyone take that from me. Carry On.

There are sheep, and then there are sheepdogs. Carrying enables me physically, and equip me mentally to be that sheepdog. Bottom line, I carry to protect myself and my loved ones if the situation demands it. Hope I never have to, but I will be ready, trained, capable, proficient and legally justified if/when I do. As a secondary reason, I carry to exercise my 2nd amendment right, and continually educate myself to advocate on behalf of that right.

Carry consealed

In Wv if you have a cc licence you can not carry open. That is one reasion the other is self defense and protection. In most cases but not all we do not have as many problems here as the big city. I have lived in both places. However times are now changeing even here.

SS

Because walking around with a gun hanging out isn't cool. I live in a rural area, police response even for an emergency is likely to be 20 minutes or more. I will be the police until they show up.

A gun in my hand is far better then a 911 operator on the phone!!

I carry because criminals don't take a time out in order for victims to call 911 and then wait for the police.:no:

My reason is very simple. The rights that we wont exercise are the ones people are more likely to mess with. Of course there is always that I wish to protect my family and self, however its the idea and right to carry of other law abiding citizens that I see as the bigger picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back