Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I have many answers, from long, to informative, to "sayings" to quick.

Most of the time I say "I'd rather be a witness than evidence" or "because it's my constitutional right" or "because my superpowers are broken and I can't psychic predict who the bad guy's are or when bad things will happen" or "same reason I have insurance on health and my possessions - in case tragedy happens"

BUT most of the time, it's a simple "just in case". that normally gets them wondering "in case of what"? I say, that's different for everyone". my bit of philosophical thinking.

I carry concealed because OC is not permitted in Texas (yet), and I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy. Seriously, the only explanation necessary is: Susana Hupp, Lubby's Cafeteria, Killeen, TX, October 16, 1991. If you're not familiar with her story check out the following links. Subsequent to this tragic event, she ran for and was elected to the Texas legislature where she was instrumental is bringing concealed carry to Texas.

Suzanna Hupp speaks in Chicago (3 parts)
(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)

Suzanna Hupp explains the 2nd Amendment to congress
Link Removed

To protect me and my wife in the ordinary world, which becomes more dangerous every day.
Have carried for over 50 years after USA discharge and will continue as long as I'm mobile out in society.

I didn't waste time getting my CHL after moving to the DFW area. I carry because I have the right to, and I have the obligation to protect myself, my family and my home.

That said, am I alone in sensing some comradre with the local Police Officers who become friendly and talkative when they meet a CHL owner with a clean record? :):):)

Don Montalvo, TX

I was at a friends house hanging out years ago. A group of guys came buy one fell out of the back of a pickup. When he got back to his feet he fired five rounds out of his .380 pistol at us. He latter plead to 2 years probation. At that point I decided I wouldnt be a victim. I was going to have the ability to protect the lives of myself and loved ones.

I'm in poor health and live in an area that's become a bad neighborhood. I can't defend myself too well with my fists anymore. It's not that I want to use violence, but if I'm attacked I need to be able to.

Lots of reasons, most have been stated here - but my decision was absolutely confirmed when I heard about the 2 animals that used a bat on a Dr and then raped and set fire to his wife and two daughters - up in Conn or around there somewhere.
I figure there are more of that type than we might consider. And on the street, it's a toss up anymore. So I carry.
Also, I live in the country - sheriff's deputy will get here too late - I will use my 12 ga with extreme prejudice.

Why do I carry? Well unfortunately, I grew up in Camden, NJ. From the age of 12 to 20 I had over 20 different incidents of a gun pulled/pointed at me in robbery attempts, car jacking in addition to several robbery attempts with a knife and on one occasion being stabbed.

Then one day I was venting to my father who was a correctional officer about another "gun incident" when he told me to purchase my first gun. Consequently, I contacted Camden city police and jumped through all of the flaming hoops that NJ requires just to purchase a handgun for your home. My first gun was an Argentina HI Power 9mm. Although I did not have the legal right to carry concealed, I commenced to carry after It was announced that Camden's murder rate was going through the roof. Shortly after the announcement the NJ State police were called in to patrol what was coined by the Courier Post Camden's "Open Air Drug Bizarre"

Despite breaking the law I DO NOT REGRET doing so. Why? for a period of 10 years carrying a gun saved my life and several (probably more) other lives.

I am proud to say that I know am a PA resident with a License to carry firearms. I no longer fear the laws of where I live. I am free. The second amendment is truly honored in Pennsylvania.

Despite breaking the law I DO NOT REGRET doing so. Why? for a period of 10 years carrying a gun saved my life and several (probably more) other lives.

I am proud to say that I know am a PA resident with a License to carry firearms. I no longer fear the laws of where I live. I am free. The second amendment is truly honored in Pennsylvania.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. You didn't break the law... New Jersey did... and does. No free man should be placed in fear of unjust laws. ".... Shall Not Be Infinged!" 'Got that New Jersey... Maryland... New York, Illinois, Hawaii?

Thank you brother in arms

A wise man ok once said "where there is an unjust law there is no law at all". Living in a state where gun enthusiast rule is an awesome feeling.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. You didn't break the law... New Jersey did... and does. No free man should be placed in fear of unjust laws. ".... Shall Not Be Infinged!" 'Got that New Jersey... Maryland... New York, Illinois, Hawaii?

and PRK (People's Rebublik of Kalifornia)

It is a simple proposition. I can license and carry a gun, use it to defend myself, and be in much less danger of being prosecuted for excessive use of force than if I simply break their neck(s) or render them unconscious using only my hands/arms/legs/body. The reasoning seems to be that if you are capable of doing these things using only your hands/arms/legs/body you have no need to defend yourself.
Go figure.

I carry because I work in a prison and can become a target just by telling an inmate no. In addition I do it because this world is dangerous and I am allergic to dying.

Mostly because I'm too poor to hire a contingent of armed bodyguards to protect me 24/7 like the leading gun grabbers have.

I don't currently carry a concealed weapon but keep a rifle in my home. I've taken numerous tactical weapons/home defense classes. I think concealment keeps people guessing and makes them think before doing anything stupid. The only people that hafta worry are those that are looking to rob, assault other people etc. I love conceal & carry states myself!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back