Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Why is it when an CC person gives an opinion on why he/she is CC and even apologizes for giving his opinion, a OC person replies with an insult. Save that crap for the anti gunners.

Why is it when a CC'er lies about OC (especially when it's obvious they have never done it), he/she thinks it's an insult when confronted on it?

Secrets of OC=None. Shoot him/her first.

How about we leave the lies to the anti gunners?

Because I can't carry a cop...OK, with the jokes out of the way, I carry concealed because of the safety of my family and myself. I have a new grandson and I don't want "anything" to happen to him, he is our joy! I also carry two guns just in case. In the Army I had a Colt .45 and a M16A1 (yes I am old), if the 16 jammed or failed you always had the .45! There are crazies wherever you go anymore so gearing up is something you have to do like putting on your seat belt when you get in your car! Short story: My aunt and uncle on my wifes side live in Tennessee on a golf course (yes they are well off) when a couple of guys broke down the door and at gunpoint duct taped their hands, feet and mouths! They robbed them blind! Thank God they weren't injured!! They were found two days latter! The neighbors were no help. No they still don't have guns! Why do I carry? This is one of many reasons.

I ccw for defense... but the question was, why do I conceal carry... here in MA. it is the only way to legally carry....

I'm having a problem with my Sheriff's office with my permits application so I've been OC'ing everyday until they rectify their problem. Mostly I get a lot of way to go's, and other positive statements. One elderly lady (Late 80's) said "wow your a dangerous person to have around." So I asked her why? Well we had a nice conversation and when we parted she said that she'd like to change her comment. She said "Your really a good guy to have around!" All it took was a few constructive minutes, being polite and just being honest. Some people you can NEVER get to, so don't sweat them, as it's their problem not yours. When they ask me why I carry a weapon I tell them the truth that one of my older brothers was murdered and shot 5 times in the face and I don't want that to happen again to me or someone I care about. And if I have any say in it, IT WON'T! God Bless & Keep your Powder Dry!

Dennis in Idaho
Remember there's an Attorney attached to every Bullet you Fire!

I plan to carry concealed because it is better to have one and not need it rather than need one and not have one. One never knows when or where you or your loved ones or people in the same place as you will become a victim. If I have a firearm I can chose to not be a victim and use my firearm in a legal way.

That is my reason

I was in an OC and had a confrontation with a tweeker and his knife... long story short, cops advised to use my CCW permit as anyone, even a crack house full of tweekers can falsely accuse and make life difficult for you. Having more too lose than those guys... 99.99% I am CC. That said, I have decided to OC more, particularly for political statement.

Everyone should try and keep emotions out of any forum or blog. I carry because the world is a bad place and getting worse all the time. I hope I never have to draw my pistol but I also hope I never have to say: If only I had been armed.

Agree I personally have a permit to carry concealed, however our state Michigan permits open carry. Its our 2nd ammendment right and I honestly believe if more criminals see or know the weapons are being carried by law abiding citizens the would think twice before committing a crime.

I carry for many reasons. I am 62 years old. Just got my TX CHL a few months back own my first gun ever. My wife and i are three years part. BG's tend to pick on elderly, think they are easy targets. I want to protect my wife and I. I have most of my grand kids living with us. the majority are Girls from 9-15. I want to protect them, whenever i am with them. Houston seems to be attracting gangs that kidnap young girls for sex slaves. There will be NO IFS AND OR BUTS if this scenario occurs. The weapon comes out and all 25 .40S&W will be spent if needed. I carry because I can.

(Dear NSA. If you are reading this please note this is a hypotghetical scenario)

I carry for many reasons. I am 62 years old. Just got my TX CHL a few months back own my first gun ever. My wife and i are three years part. BG's tend to pick on elderly, think they are easy targets. I want to protect my wife and I. I have most of my grand kids living with us. the majority are Girls from 9-15. I want to protect them, whenever i am with them. Houston seems to be attracting gangs that kidnap young girls for sex slaves. There will be NO IFS AND OR BUTS if this scenario occurs. The weapon comes out and all 25 .40S&W will be spent if needed. I carry because I can.

(Dear NSA. If you are reading this please note this is a hypotghetical scenario)

LMFAO... NSA, I guess with what is going on nowadays we have to make sure that if we joke we clearly note it so those (Big Brother ) who are reading our posts and emails etc know that you can say something that is meant to be a joke. In the past we wouldn't have had to note that it was a joke and that is the sad part.

Well you know that the NSA, DHS or someone is capturing and scanning forums that discuss constitutional rights for the magical words on their list, which for some absurd reason include tornado, storm and other descriptions of natural event, i have a different message.

Hey DHS, BITE ME :nhl_checking:

Upon further review, and after much though and meditation, I carry a gun because I can't carry armed security person.

i've been oci ng for about 20 years, just recently got my cc permit (NC). reason i like cc better is if you see me with a pistol (OC) i am a target. bad guy may jump me just for my pistol. lord knows i dont ever wanna have to pull/use it but ... if im cc'ing by the time the bad guy see's my pistol its going to be too late for him. im not a big guy and due to health probs i dont wanna have to wrestle with bubba to keep my weapon. And i am always aware of my surroundings and the 21 feet rule. plan to visit usacarry forums a lot in the future. some good reading here. god bless 2&14

I was in an OC and had a confrontation with a tweeker and his knife... long story short, cops advised to use my CCW permit as anyone, even a crack house full of tweekers can falsely accuse and make life difficult for you. Having more too lose than those guys... 99.99% I am CC.

Let's analyze this for a bit, shall we? You have a confrontation with a tweeker and his knife. The crack house full of tweekers falsely accuses you of threatening them with a gun "brandishing". Now - which action would you see as more likely fitting the description of "brandishing or threatening":

1. They see a gun openly carried in a holster on your belt that you have made no motions to reach for or expose (open carry) or
2. They see a gun that you have, at a minimum, made an intentional motion to expose (concealed carry)?

Seems to me like #2 is more more likely to raise the question of "brandishing" than #1 does.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back