Why all the attacks of those asking questions?

easy - this is a general discussion[1] related to firearms discussions[2] and the discussion[3] thereof...

Ahh...So it's like three times removed from being a firearms discussion. Nice try.

Where should it be?

What would've been wrong with keeping the pettiness in the thread where it started and you already ranted in?

Blues

I'm sure that there are a few "wild" people here but I'm equally sure that you'll find that 99% of the people are respectful and polite, even when we disagree. This has always been my experiance here. Welcome to the forum.

As I posted in the linked thread, the android app didn't always show sub forums...so when the op didn't list the state he is in, all android phone users couldn't tell using the <2.0 app...then again maybe it was updated then and the small grey on tan font could easily be missed. Not sure about tapatalk, or the Apple version...but not until the most recent update was sub forums listed in the subscriptions part.

But...I could of told you the answer was no by the 8th post, when a PA resident said he would inform even though he didn't have to...just saying...

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

easy - this is a general discussion related to firearms discussions and the discussion thereof...

Where should it be?

Why not take it up with those in the PA section? Then again, that isn't the "real" issue now is it?

What I find funny is... I tried to ask you what the "original" question was that you were so intent on whining about. That was back on post number 25. You did not respond to that question. (Which I figured you wouldn't). Since then, you have only chosen to change the subject of the conversation to attacking people on this forum. (Hypocritical, and also no surprise.) The only thing left is for most of us to summarize, is that you are just another forum troll like magpie Johnny Dollar. So now we have Johnny Dollar and Toby 2cents (you). It's quite obvious to me that this isn't the first time the two of you have attempted to play this game. Cripes man, I wouldn't be surprised if one or even both of you haven't been here before under a different screen name in the past. However, it does get a bit difficult to distinguish one from another because you all use the same irrational, untruthful, and basically worthless points to support you antagonistic positions. The "pettiness" as Blues put it, is a dead give away.

So, in closing, I welcome you (Toby 2cents) to what will be your short stay in this forum as I now send you to the scrap heap of screen names of people who used to be here. Not only here, but that one, if not both of you, have previously used.

Why not take it up with those in the PA section? Then again, that isn't the "real" issue now is it?

What I find funny is... I tried to ask you what the "original" question was that you were so intent on whining about. That was back on post number 25. You did not respond to that question. (Which I figured you wouldn't). Since then, you have only chosen to change the subject of the conversation to attacking people on this forum. (Hypocritical, and also no surprise.) The only thing left is for most of us to summarize, is that you are just another forum troll like magpie Johnny Dollar. So now we have Johnny Dollar and Toby 2cents (you). It's quite obvious to me that this isn't the first time the two of you have attempted to play this game. Cripes man, I wouldn't be surprised if one or even both of you haven't been here before under a different screen name in the past. However, it does get a bit difficult to distinguish one from another because you all use the same irrational, untruthful, and basically worthless points to support you antagonistic positions. The "pettiness" as Blues put it, is a dead give away.

So, in closing, I welcome you (Toby 2cents) to what will be your short stay in this forum as I now send you to the scrap heap of screen names of people who used to be here. Not only here, but that one, if not both of you, have previously used.

No it wasn't just 1 thread that did that or that is where I would have posted it.

I posted the link in post#19 to which this was referring to, did you bother to read the previous comments before commenting yourself?

You obviously haven't read any of my other posts or looked into anything about me based on what I have posted on and commented about. This is my ONLY alias on this forum, I have never posted anything under another name!

This subject was brought up here in the "General Discussion" because I saw that as the best fit because these types of responses don't just happen in the PA section but throughout most all places that I have been (of course I haven't seen the whole site)! You will also see that I didn't just join yesterday and start of posting this thread, I have been in and out of this site for a little while. I will admit that I used too strong of words in my OP and for that I am sorry, I honestly wasn't trying to start a fight I was sincerely raising the issue for us all to take a serious look at how we treat others, myself included.
I am not sure where you are referring to that I "changed the topic"... I tried to stay on topic as much as possible?
Again SR40 I am sorry that I have offended you so much that you have decided to write me off like you have

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Bikenut, you are exactly right. This is why communicating on the net is so difficult sometimes. Maybe we all should consider and think twice before posting specific typed words. Even I lost a friendship, because I sent a message and it was perceived the wrong way. The reverse is true also, the message I received recently, almost destroyed a friendship. Because the person sending the message, wasn't careful with their sentence structure and wording.

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.
---ALDOUS HUXLEY, The Doors of Perception

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

There is one thing that we all need to remember...

On/in the sterile world of the internet the typed word does not convey all the small nuances of body language and tone of voice that are so helpful in discerning intent. And that very easily leads to misunderstanding the intent of the person posting... or worse yet.... allows the person reading to inject/project their own feelings, perspectives, and attitudes onto those typed words.

Sometimes it is easy to take a terse reply as an insult when the person typing only intended to give facts.

The hidden identity that the Internet provides allows people to express their hatred toward everyone and everything without repercussions. It is not unique to this board but every board I have visited. There are some people who take delight in trying to put down others in some way and no matter what the question or answer they are going to disagree with it. It is sad that we as a nation have lowered ourselves to this but it is the new way. It is almost impossible to get a straight answer any more such as if you ask, "I am going to get a Glock 19 or 21, which do you think I should get". At least 2/3 of the answers will be bashing Glocks or bashing the caliber. They just can't help themselves.

Too funny... when I ask for opinions on handguns and specify that I don't want Glocks (great guns, just not for me), at least half of the answers are "You should get the Glock <insert number here>!"

And, quite frankly in my not so humble and likely not popular opinion, only an idiot would come online and take "yes" or "no" advice about a legal question from total strangers without seeing appropriate cites and/or links to the actual black letter law since it is the law the cop will enforce.... not some internet opinion.
I don't see why that would be unpopular. I say the same thing in the foreword of my book on Ohio CCW laws.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back