Why all the attacks of those asking questions?

plcd22

I am fairly new here and reading through many threads and searching for specific answers to some questions I find it appalling how often a question doesn't receive a simple answer but will receive a few pages of people just bashing them for asking a question.

We come to forums like this for the community of like minded fellow citizens to meet and share an interest but it seems that especially the "noobs" will get attacked instead of helped!

If you so feel the need to "give someone a piece of your mind" why not simply answer the question then maybe in a separate paragraph (even in the same post) point out the fact that they could have easily searched for the answer themselves, maybe even give them a link to a good source for their type of question...

is it really that difficult to show kindness even if they are asking a "STUPID" question - and YES there are such thing as "STUPID QUESTIONS" but that doesn't mean that we should respond with a stupid and demeaning comment...

Generally with a new poster, this is the courtesy I see most on the forums give. However, if the person is a known "troll" to the forums, they generally get bashed pretty hard because of their "trolldom".

Is there something specific that happened that you are referring to?

Please report any posts that are attacks, flaming or anything else against the Link Removed.

Generally with a new poster, this is the courtesy I see most on the forums give. However, if the person is a known "troll" to the forums, they generally get bashed pretty hard because of their "trolldom".

Is there something specific that happened that you are referring to?

no nothing against me... there was a post in the PA section where someone asked a simple yes/no question and there was 4 pages of "discussion" but no real answer... maybe they are a "troll" and since I am not around much I didn't know that it just seemed pretty harsh that in 4 pages there wasn't a clear answer

I'm sorry your initial experience with the forum was not a positive one. Hopefully, most of us on this site can prove otherwise to you. Also, LukeM who responded to you is a great guy for running these forums. He will take care of people that are a nuisance if you let him know.

Why all the attacks of those asking questions?

How dare you ask such a question!

There is a paradox or two at work on this *discussion* forum, in that some only wish to discuss the awesomeness of their own narrow positions, others raise subjects and then refuse to discuss anything concerning them, some rise above the pettiness, while others revel in it, and in between it all you will find wisdom and discourse that promotes understanding and knowledge. In other words, humans occupy this forum. Welcome human.

Got any more stupid questions? LOL

Blues

I think the main problem is that you have a couple of wild eyed pistol wavers here who want the whole damn world to know that they’re mad as hell and they aren’t going to take it anymore (someday).

They’re just waiting for the day when they get to “join the resistance” and if you don’t subscribe to their guns everywhere for everyone mentality you’re just a tool of the Obama regime and thus it’s acceptable to vent their hate on you.

The hidden identity that the Internet provides allows people to express their hatred toward everyone and everything without repercussions. It is not unique to this board but every board I have visited. There are some people who take delight in trying to put down others in some way and no matter what the question or answer they are going to disagree with it. It is sad that we as a nation have lowered ourselves to this but it is the new way. It is almost impossible to get a straight answer any more such as if you ask, "I am going to get a Glock 19 or 21, which do you think I should get". At least 2/3 of the answers will be bashing Glocks or bashing the caliber. They just can't help themselves.

Trolls should be banned from the get-go
Off-topic posts should be deleted
less-than-appropriate responses to some questions are usually made by those who either fail to realize that their answer is largely inaccurate, myth, or hype, or those who fail to remember that their collective intelligence was largely gained from asking questions themselves. I've never seen a rule on any forum that says a given question can only be asked a given number of times in a given time frame.

It is almost impossible to get a straight answer any more such as if you ask, "I am going to get a Glock 19 or 21, which do you think I should get". At least 2/3 of the answers will be bashing Glocks or bashing the caliber. They just can't help themselves.

And the rest of them will be telling you to get a revolver

Trolls should be banned from the get-go
Off-topic posts should be deleted
less-than-appropriate responses to some questions are usually made by those who either fail to realize that their answer is largely inaccurate, myth, or hype, or those who fail to remember that their collective intelligence was largely gained from asking questions themselves. I've never seen a rule on any forum that says a given question can only be asked a given number of times in a given time frame.
And know-it-all's should be ignored.

You can even make a personal list for yourself to do it automatically!

It is true of all forums unfortunately. It is very easy for the replies to drift off subject when the extremists start bashing the OP for asking certain types of questions or other members for responding with opinions that don't comply with their extreme viewpoint. The base subject of this forum lends itself to extreme opinions and attitudes so it seems worse here than say the boating forums. I have been thrashed on more than one occasion for giving my input but have to remember to take it with a grain of salt. It isn't personal and in their own way they are trying to help. Just muddle through and take the good with the bad. The overall experience is worth it because you get to see all sides of the question and make your own decisions about the answers.

It is true of all forums unfortunately. It is very easy for the replies to drift off subject when the extremists start bashing the OP for asking certain types of questions or other members for responding with opinions that don't comply with their extreme viewpoint. The base subject of this forum lends itself to extreme opinions and attitudes so it seems worse here than say the boating forums. I have been thrashed on more than one occasion for giving my input but have to remember to take it with a grain of salt. It isn't personal and in their own way they are trying to help. Just muddle through and take the good with the bad. The overall experience is worth it because you get to see all sides of the question and make your own decisions about the answers.
Amen, brother.

There is one thing that we all need to remember...

On/in the sterile world of the internet the typed word does not convey all the small nuances of body language and tone of voice that are so helpful in discerning intent. And that very easily leads to misunderstanding the intent of the person posting... or worse yet.... allows the person reading to inject/project their own feelings, perspectives, and attitudes onto those typed words.

Sometimes it is easy to take a terse reply as an insult when the person typing only intended to give facts.

There is one thing that we all need to remember...

On/in the sterile world of the internet the typed word does not convey all the small nuances of body language and tone of voice that are so helpful in discerning intent. And that very easily leads to misunderstanding the intent of the person posting... or worse yet.... allows the person reading to inject/project their own feelings, perspectives, and attitudes onto those typed words.

Sometimes it is easy to take a terse reply as an insult when the person typing only intended to give facts.

True but it doesn't take away the fact that there are some serious extremist ass holes on this forum who attack anyone how doesn't hold their extreme view point

I try not to attack anyone personally but their ideas are fair game even thought they are certainly entitled to their opinions. Most on this forum are firm believers in the Constitution and the Republic of the U.S. This is a pro firearms forum and one would expect the members to support the second amendment and the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution. A large government is hostile to individual rights; therefore, most here believe in limited government, natural law, and the rights individuals.

There are plenty forums that express Marxist views that advocate for all kinds government programs and control. If anyone feels that the treatment that they receive on those forums is friendlier then they should go there for the validation of their views. Most on this forum are are quite tolerant of opposing views in comparison with those on the left. Anyone here is welcome, but forum trolls who are here to provoke anger with very divergent opinions will probably find it.

I try not to attack anyone personally but their ideas are fair game even thought they are certainly entitled to their opinions. Most on this forum are firm believers in the Constitution and the Republic of the U.S. This is a pro firearms forum and one would expect the members to support the second amendment and the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution. A large government is hostile to individual rights; therefore, most here believe in limited government, natural law, and the rights individuals.

There are plenty forums that express Marxist views that advocate for all kinds government programs and control. If anyone feels that the treatment that they receive on those forums is friendlier then they should go there for the validation of their views. Most on this forum are are quite tolerant of opposing views in comparison with those on the left. Anyone here is welcome, but forum trolls who are here to provoke anger with very divergent opinions will probably find it.
Well if the pot ain't callin' the kettle black I don't what else to say!

Perfect example of the narrow-minded everything is black-or-white my way or the highway viewpoint of the typical extremest.

Anybody else care to confess?

Here is the link to the thread that prompted this thread (among others) but this was the last one I read...
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/penn...ews/39352-stopped-police-concealed-carry.html
you will notice that it is a simple Yes/No question - posted in the PA forum the answer is "No" - after that discussion would be great hearing differing opinions and how each person handles the situation and the results they have received... but you will notice that you can read the first 3 1/2 pages and not get an answer for PA...
So then when a "noob" comes and starts searching for an answer to that question, he will find this thread but would have to read down through almost 4 pages of replies to get a clear answer. this will just make that "noob" start a new thread asking the same question because it wasn't answered :-(
Again I am not saying that there shouldn't be discussion but why not give a simple answer to a simple question?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back