Who Carries A Full Size Handgun Concealed?

Robert McCabe

I know the pocket pistols are all the rage these days, but personally, I prefer a hand filling gun, such as a .1911.

Anyone here carry a full sized handgun concealed? How do you carry it? Do you carry extra ammo/magazines?

In the winter I will carry my full size Ruger SR9 w/17+1 capacity. I carry IWB and cover it with a sweatshirt. Summer is my Ruger LC9 and LCP.

Springfield Professional at 3 O'clock with two spare mags at 9 O'clock - 365

I've considered carry a larger size but didn't know how difficult it would be to concealed since I prefer IWB.

Have always carried a 1911, just me. I'm in indiana so owb in a don hume leather holster try to cover as much as possible. But not to worried about it.

I carry a Full size S&W M&P in a Galco Kingtuck holster @ 4 o'clock position and spare mag @ 9 o'clock position.

I carry a Glock 17 with a TSD RMR sight in a Dale Fricke AIWB holster with two Magazines and a KA-BAR TDI in a Horizontal Mag pouch/TDI sheath. I have used my training TDI and Spyderco for better contrast. I frequently respond to late night/early morning 911 calls and will sometimes also carry a G-26 W/CT laser grip in an ankle holster and or a Hi-Standard .22 Mag Derringer in back pocket. Not to seem too paranoid but Backup from the Sheriff's Dept is Frequently an hour or more away. The Volunteer Department I belong to went to Safety Yellow 511 Jackets with the "back-up belt system" several years ago so members could carry a gun in one (or both) hidden chest pockets. Only one of the Female responders carries in the pocket and its a sub-compact single stack 9mm. All the hospitals we service are not supportive of CC so all personal weapons are locked in the Narcotics lock box before entering the Emergency Department. Link Removed

1911 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB or a Galco Avenger, and I carry spare magazine on me and a spare magazine in the truck.

I had to sell most of my handguns so I have no choice but to carry a full size handgun. It is hard to conceal but I pull it off. I carry a Berreta 92FS. I would carry my Glock 35 but it is the weapon I use when I compete in USPSA matches and do not want to mess up the sights or God forbid it is taken by the police if I have to use deadly force. I am looking to get a new .380 and may take up Ruger on the NRA instructor discount ($100 bucks off!).

I carry a Glock 17 with a TSD RMR sight in a Dale Fricke AIWB holster with two Magazines and a KA-BAR TDI in a Horizontal Mag pouch/TDI sheath. I have used my training TDI and Spyderco for better contrast. I frequently respond to late night/early morning 911 calls and will sometimes also carry a G-26 W/CT laser grip in an ankle holster and or a Hi-Standard .22 Mag Derringer in back pocket. Not to seem too paranoid but Backup from the Sheriff's Dept is Frequently an hour or more away. The Volunteer Department I belong to went to Safety Yellow 511 Jackets with the "back-up belt system" several years ago so members could carry a gun in one (or both) hidden chest pockets. Only one of the Female responders carries in the pocket and its a sub-compact single stack 9mm. All the hospitals we service are not supportive of CC so all personal weapons are locked in the Narcotics lock box before entering the Emergency Department. Link Removed

Spent 20 plus years as a paramedic, most of the Emergency Departments want an officer armed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back