Who Carries A Full Size Handgun Concealed?

I have two different full size that I alternate between. The first is a Springfield xd 40 4" in a Uncle Mikes IWB holster, and a spare mag in a horizontal pouch attached to my belt in the back. The second is a Springfield 1911 full size in an Uncle Mikes shoulder rig with 2 spare mags and a SOG special elite auto knife. I usually also care a Taurus 605 5 shot 357 on my ankle.

I carry a full size Ruger SR1911 in a Galco KingTuk IWB at about the 4 o'clock position. Its so comfortable I almost forget its there and I easily conceal it under a tshirt. I know there is a lot of people that think you can't concealed carry a full size pistol, but I have no issue doing so and I'm 5'10" and about 160 pounds.

On my days off: Double stack 1911 from Para-usa. Gun rights edition... holds 14-.45 rounds in the magazine. Makes me happy. :happy:

Oh yeah the holster... Black hawk Serpa or whatever its called. the one with the button release.

Extra mag.. just 1.

I know the pocket pistols are all the rage these days, but personally, I prefer a hand filling gun, such as a .1911.

Anyone here carry a full sized handgun concealed? How do you carry it? Do you carry extra ammo/magazines?

stoeger cougar 9mm, IWB Crossbreed Super Tuck. love it
J

I know the pocket pistols are all the rage these days, but personally, I prefer a hand filling gun, such as a .1911.

Anyone here carry a full sized handgun concealed? How do you carry it? Do you carry extra ammo/magazines?

Does a 4" XD40 count? Crossbreed Supertuck. No extra mags.

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in an iwb MaxTuck. I plan to carry my 1911 this way too, just waiting on the kydex.
I adjust the cant a little more and can carry under a t-shirt without printing.

I carry my Wilson Combat tactical elite year round. Depending on what I'm wearing I either use a Galco summer comfort or Miami classic II. An I always carry a spare mag and knife.

Glock 17 or Glock 19, IWB Crossbreed Super Tuck, vest for cover, gun belt to carry weight, suspenders because my hip bones are well padded and modesty suggests this precaution.

I am a very large guy so I can get buy with a big gun. I carry my 24/7 Tactical 12+1 .45 on my strong side in a Crossbreed Supertuck and 2 spare mags in a Fobus holster on my weak side.

Hi all......new here, 2nd post and love this site so far!
Anyways, I carry an XDm in a Crossbreeds holster. No extra mags--I figure if I need more than 19-----I'm in a lot of trouble.I do have an extra mag in vehicle---just not on my person.
I am planning on getting a smaller weapon for easier carry esp. in summer months.....too many options..not enought $$!

I carry a springfield xd 45 . shoulder holster normally with 2 extra clips. or pancake with a clip in my pocket . Am going to be picking up the new xds 45 as soon as my dealer gets it in. less rounds but with a 45 w/ hollow points don't really need more lol

1911 IWB, strongside, on or just forward of the hip; two spare mags, weakside hip.

Wasn't able to wear it forward of the hip until I lost a lot of the weight I put on coming out of the Navy, but I prefer it now that I can; feels less exposed, vulnerable somehow. Just the slightest advantage in control, those times I'm not able to sit my back to a wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back