What's your prefered carry method?

What's your prefered carry method?

• Total voters
it depends

Well, when I am at the university I need to go deep cover just so that I don't get a "man on campus with gun" called on me. Even though its legal in Utah, I have found that those who work at college do not always think like most of us do. For deep cover, I carry my bersa 9 UC in a smart carry holster. I must say I have been impressed with the comfort and concealment ability of this design. You look odd as you draw, but who cares. Unfortunately, I like a quicker draw than my fastest out of this holster. When I am off campus, I go IWB period. If I am in a dangerous area somewhere out there, I got owb at 3:30 or so. It really depends on the situation, although I practice draw from all posistions.

I usually carry IWB with my MTAC holster, but sometimes around the house I use a Fobus paddle holster.

I voted for IWB because that's how I carry 95% of the time. I either use a Galco IWB or the SmartCarry rig. I am however looking at the FIST Crossdraw holster for when I am in the car.

I prefer IWB at 4 o'clock. I use a blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Ultimate-Concealment-Holster-pr-821.html

It works great especially if you have to do alot of bending over.

Last edited:
I have been using a Smartcarry holster for about 2 years. I weigh about 200 lbs and about 6ft tall. I have tried several other holsters, and have not yet found anything that works as well for comfort and concealment. I tried the PagerPal and it was not comfortable to sit down. As long as you are standing, or walking it is great.

OWB. To me IWB is just to uncomfortable. During hot weather if I am not wearing enough cloths to cover my weapon I will use a fanny pack. In cold weather I sometimes use a vest or jacket designed with a pocket/holster.

the smartcarry option

I've had the smart carry for several months now, and I'm thinking about getting another one. It is much more comfortable than one would believe, to the point where you can forget you have it. I use mine for a smith & wesson 9mm model 6906, as well as a smaller Bersa thunder 380. You cannot detect them, and with very little adjustment you can keep it comfortable, and even a place for an extra mag. It isn't as fast on the draw as say an OWB, but when stealth counts and it's too hot for a lot of concealment clothing, it's much better on you, than locked in your car. I've got the levi's blue model, but I think I'll get a white one, so if the back strap happens to slip up a little, it'll blend with my chonies (underwear) and not be so noticeable.:rolleyes:

Probably OWB most of the time but depending on the situation it might be IWB, Belly Band, Pocket Carry, or a Shoulder Holster.

+1 on the Smartcarry.

I started out w/ a FIST #20 IWB, but I'm still working on getting used to it. I've been using the Smartcarry for about a month now and love it. It's still pretty warm here (mid 80's the last couple of weeks), so I've been wearing a lot of shorts and T-shirts; thus the Smartcarry. Once it gets cooler and I can wear some sweatshirts/jackets and jeans, I'll try the IWB more.

Strong Side Hip.

My hangun can always and only be found on my strong side hip. Modified DeSantis Speed Scabbard.

Last edited:
Based solely on comfort, OWB is my preferred mode of carry. Unfortunately, since OWB does not conceal well under a t shirt and shorts during the summertime, I also alternate between SmartCarry and IWB during the summer. I've also tried a shoulder holster, but OWB (I use a Fobus paddle holster) is my favorite. If not for the anti gun climate of Gary, Indiana and concerns about retention, I probably would just open carry everywhere I go.

I carry IWB. I find I can conceal my gun better. I carry a G19 with a weapon mounted light on it. It would be a bit bulky for me to carry that in an OWB holster. I don't any method is totally perfect. It just depends on the user.

I usually carry with a SmartCarry holster mainly because I am often in slacks and button-up shirt for work. It feels comfortable and it often feels like it isn't even there (I carry a Taurus M85 .38 Special). Whenever I wear jeans or something else, I will use a IWB. I like both of them. I think I will try a OWB next. I live in a warm climate and I just don't think I wear enough clothes to cover it real well. Now that it is getting colder, perhaps I'll give it a try!

I carry my subcompact XD in a crossbreed supertuck. I really like this holster. So much so I have another supertuck on order for my Kimber Pro Covert.

My favorite mode of carry is weapon tucked away inside of my holster shirt, from 5.11 Tactical. My Sprinfield Armory subcompact 9mm is well concealed, and ready for use in a instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what I am doing.

I have about 5 or 6 holsters per gun, and I use them all.

I have Smart type Carry, fanny packs, pancake holsters, shoulder holsters and open carry belt holsters and high ride CC OWB holsters. These are what I use most often. It depends on what I am doing and what I am wearing,

Tarzan

The Pocket

I use an NAA 380 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. It isn't a 45 but it can be drawn very easily and it is not noticable. Until I can find a way to stash a Sig 220 someplace on my person that is hidden yet easily retrievable, this'll have to do.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back