Whats your opinion on the florida shooting?

everyone, breace yourself...we should all bow down to the omnipotant being that is SGB. he clearly knows more than anyone else here and he was clearly Zimmerman's backup as to how he knows EXACTLY what happened since he was there. SGB helped Zimmerman on his overzealous, fanatical watch patrol where he made himself a self-appointed policeman of the gated community where he took it upon himself to try and solve police cases (a point that is factual and told by the Homeowners Association secretary).

The Brady Bunch has already started using him as the poster child for why we should not be allowed to carry guns.

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/MessageViewer/?em_id=46521.0&pgwrap=n

Yes, wonderful opportunistic liars! If you can figure out a way to send them a basic email then we should all bombard them with this>>>Weekend of violence claims 10 shooting victims across Chicago - Chicago Tribune
Then ask them about this, 10 killed in Chicago shootings over the weekend and 49 wounded. Amazing as tragic as it is only the death of one seems to be more important then the death of 10!

everyone, breace yourself...we should all bow down to the omnipitant being that is SGB. he clearly knows more than anyone else here and he was clearly Zimmerman's backup as to how he knows EXACTLY what happened since he was there. SGB helped Zimmerman on his overzealous, fanatical watch patrol where he made himself a self-appointed policeman of the gated community where he took it upon himself to try and solve police cases (a point that is factual and told by the Homeowners Association secretary).

You can't substantiate your posts so you result to personal attacks, very mature of you. Everything I've posted can be substantiated, what you post is lynch mob rhetoric.

And all you have is one side of the story as Martin is dead. Who is to say that Zimmerman is not lying to coverup what really happened to start with? Did the "witness" see it from the start? If not, then nothing that witness says can clear Zimmerman. Because the facts are that there was a fight with both people having the right to stand their ground. Until there is a complete forensics report, which I doubt if the evidence was preserved due to the PD giving the gun back, you only have Zimmerman's side of the story. But I do agree, Al and Jesse should keep their noses out of it. A thorough investigation will now be done after the fact is the only good thing to come out of this story. The Sanford PD botched it.

The verifiable information available (we'll call them facts) to date support Zimmerman's version of events, to prove otherwise burden of proof is on the State and the State is restricted in what it can do according to the Laws of Florida. Forensics may well shed more light by substantiating or disproving portions of the story, or they may prove inconclusive. Which ever it will be we don't know as of yet. It's apparent you don't like the outcome so far, you have questions and suspicions, however questions and suspicions aren't facts .... read post #139.

You can't substantiate your posts so you result to personal attacks, very mature of you. Everything I've posted can be substantiated, what you post is lynch mob rhetoric.

and what are your sources? media? that partial police report? what meakes your media any better than any other media? one goes left, one goes right, and somewhere in between is the truth.

I'm pretty confident that if there is enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with a crime, the Florida DA will do so. They are under a ton of scrutiny and will bring whatever charges they can. If they don't feel they can charge him with anything they will likely let us know why as well.

I'll be a lot more convinced who the victim/criminal is if they can verify who was the person yelling for help in the audio, and how severe the wounds Zimmerman had were. I'll reserve judgement until I see/hear more evidence.

I'm pretty confident that if there is enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with a crime, the Florida DA will do so. They are under a ton of scrutiny and will bring whatever charges they can. If they don't feel they can charge him with anything they will likely let us know why as well.

I'll be a lot more convinced who the victim/criminal is if they can verify who was the person yelling for help in the audio, and how severe the wounds Zimmerman had were. I'll reserve judgement until I see/hear more evidence.

Martins father has already stated that it was not martins voice. It's been posted with link previously

5-He had the right to ask anyone in the community if they lived there.
Mr. Martin also has the right to remain silent. He does not have to respond to any question from Zimmerman, another homeowner, the police, the FBI... no one. He was also legally on the premises.

My bet is that Zimmerman gets indicted. Any takers?

I would like to impress upon posters something I learned from Mas Ayoob; something I strongly impress on my students. That is, in the event of a shooting, even if you are 100% right, it will ruin your life.

and what are your sources? media? that partial police report? what meakes your media any better than any other media? one goes left, one goes right, and somewhere in between is the truth.

I look witness statements, listen to the 911 tapes, the partial police report and the information released by the Sanford PD. And I use my life experience as a former LEO to sift through the BS.

2dh6ydw.jpg

I would like to impress upon posters something I learned from Mas Ayoob; something I strongly impress on my students. That is, in the event of a shooting, even if you are 100% right, it will ruin your life.

Quoted for truth
29dv3mv_th.jpg

I am confused about some of the comments in this thread on what to do if someone asks you to identify yourself. What do you have to do if you are walking along on the following and are asked to identify yourself, where you live and if you are legally carrying your gun:

A. A public street
1. A private citizen
2. A policeman
3. A neighborhood watch person

B. A Gated community
- Same people as above

C. A shopping Mall
1. A private citizen
2. A policeman
3. Rent a cop

There seems to be a lot of different answers given both in this thread and many others and other boards about what is required. I know many people say that all you have to provide to police is your name and address verbally. I know in this case it was a gated community which may or may not be private property according to how it is set up but since Martin had a right to be on the property it would be like your neighbor or the police asking you what you were doing on your own property. Isn't that what the beer summit was all about?

Edited to add about the bet on Zimmerman getting indicted. I have no doubts that he will get indicted and a trial held but I also suspect that he will be found not guilty due to lack of evidence. I have not heard or read, did they do an autopsy on Martin? If so did they release any details?

Nothing good will come from this no matter how it is resolved from this point forward. I would suggest that a grand jury would be useful to lay all the facts out. But even that will leave one group or another unhappy.

My opinion - it's a mess and it won't be cleaned up without someone getting stinky :bad:

I hear conflicting reports and opinions. I don't trust the mainstream press to tell me the unbiased truth. Having said that, I have to admit that sometimes they do tell the unvarnished truth. I hear the FBI is investigating. I tend to trust them so long as Eric Holder does not interject himself. If Holder expresses an opinion I can't accept it because his record of bias is notorious.

Therefore I am awaiting the FBI report before I decide. Hopefully a grand jury will be convened. I still wait.

I agree with those who expect an onslaught on the 2nd Amendment no matter how unjustified the anti gunners are. That's what they do, after all.

Go back to Wyldekard's post with several links in it. There's a link that goes to an article with a video posted in it of a newscast later in the afternoon of the early-morning shooting. An eye-witness is interviewed through his door (you can't see his face, but he is confirmed to be one of the 911 callers) and he unequivocally and without a moment's hesitation puts Zimmerman on the bottom "getting beaten up" (in quotes because those are the words HE used).

As SGB said, Martin's father told police that it was not his son's voice yelling for help.

What is "the partial police report?" I don't remember how I got to it, but there's a City site where all the reports and communiques from the PD are posted. If they're partial, I didn't see anything about that, but even so, what I did see are the parts of the reports that lend credence to Zimmerman's version of events in every respect. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman was aggressive towards Martin.

My bet is that Zimmerman gets indicted. Any takers?

Not a gambler, and while I agree that it's likely he'll be indicted, I don't think it will be for the right reasons. If he is indicted, it will be as political a prosecution as this country has ever seen, and truth and justice will give way to leftist ideology and political correctness.

Absolutely no disagreement here.

Blues

Here is another new link to this shooting. There has to be a really good reason Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and the police arn't giving out info, blacks have turned it into a race issue. This guy was told not to follow and I believe he instigated it, but, like everyone else, I don't know all the facts.

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back