What's your favorite gun oil?

Rick Benn

I've used pretty much everything on the market at one time or another but for the last two years I've settled on one oil - good old Mobile 1 Synthetic. It's takes the heat, doesn't get all paste-like from carbon and powder residue and it's a lot cheaper than the hybrid/gourmet oils. I even had it recommended by a well known subgun manufacturer at an armorers school. What say you all?

I carry Glock's almost exclusively.....
They prefer just a little bit of spit and that's about it...Glock's don't like to be oiled.

Just Kidding =-)

Thanks for the synthetic motor oil tip.

+1 on the mobile one synthetic but I also mix in a little bit of transmission fluid in mine, works great all of my guns love it

Good topic..

Just this weekend I bought several different ones to try (along with some different cleaning solutions).
For oils, I have:
Tri-flow
Outer's Gun Oil
Rem-oil
Hoppes Elite

I've always been a Hoppes man. Never tried this elite stuff before though, I wonder what, if anything , makes it elite?
The cynical bastard in me suspects that it is the same oil, just renamed for marketing purposes. I don't know though.

The Rem-oil seems like a really nice, lightweight oil. We'll see how the 1911 likes it next time I shoot it.

Hmmmmm

I have some mobile 1 synthetic that I run in my race car. Interesting that I can use the same for gun oil.

Thanks for the tip.

I never use oil. This is the best lube and rust protector you can buy. :)

Eezox® Gun Care Products Eezox® Gun Care Products - Order Here - Warren Custom Outdoor
Advanced Technology Triple Action Solution that cleans, lubricates, and preserves firearms. It is one of the finest treatments that you can give your guns.

Synthetic Eezox® Premium Gun Care is a total gun-care system with ONE PRODUCT for all guns. This includes black powder guns. Since Eezox® is not petroleum based, it will not affect the seasoning of a muzzleloader bore. Eezox® enables your firearm to function as designed by the manufacturer.

I use froglube. It does it all and is biodegradable due to NO chemicals. Smells like mint. Can even use as lip balm.

I say I would like to bet you a cyber Internet lobster dinner with all the trimmings that...

We take two of the same guns, and side by side continue firing them constantly until one of them fails from carbon, crud and lack of lubrication. Most likely, the one lubed with the oil will be the one that failed.

Look at you AR take down pins, the frame where the slide meets on your pistol, etc. etc. You'll see oil there. That's oil that wants to run and escape from what it's suppose to be protecting. Oil will work well if you're only going to shoot a few hundred rounds with some breaks inbetween. Take a serious pistol / rifle training course or put your weapon through a serious training session and see how well oil does for you.

IMO, you're better off with lithium high temperature wheel bearing grease or Luberplate #10 grease. The exception being in environments below 30 degrees.

And just so you know, I like lots of cyber butter with my cyber lobster and a busty cyber waitress with artificial intelligence (A.I.).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back