Whats up with Target?

As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit “open carry” should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

We’ve listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.

This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create".
Link Removed

Reference the part in bold. Targets policy is to follow local laws, but they request no firearms be brought in, even if one is"permitted" to do so. Only three states don't require concealed carriers to be permitted, so the majority of cc'ers fit the description of "permitted by law".

Not to mention, most states don't permit by law open carry, it's considered a Right.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

so I put my super loose 3X t-shirt, the strapped on my Smith 500, 1911 Springer, TCP in one pocket and NAA 22mag in the other, mama was shakeing her head, so into Target we go...... I could not wait to get home and take off these 10lbs of guns, LOL,

I am just so JEALOUS that you can pull off concealing 3 pistols on your person. Thats pretty sweet!

I am all in favor of allowing open carry, I just won't be one of them!

I wish I had the guts to open carry- but honestly- toting around 2 little ones- 1) my gun is safer (in a soft zipper case that came w/ my ruger lc9 or a zippered compartment) in my purse and 2) There are some misinformed people out there- who might very willingly call children's service on some unfortunate mother.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back