Whats up with Target?

Rocketgeezer

I see in the news today that Target stores are "asking" that you do not bring guns into there stores, its like they know they don't have a legal leg, now don't take this the wrong way but I could just not help myself as there is Target right around the corner from us, so anyways I get home from work, clean up, eat, ask mama if she needs anything at Target, knowing she would never refuse, so I put my super loose 3X t-shirt, the strapped on my Smith 500, 1911 Springer, TCP in one pocket and NAA 22mag in the other, mama was shakeing her head, so into Target we go got our purchases, checked out, spoke with the Manager, and asked about the "no guns thing" and he says its definatly not his idea, and thankfully he has not had to ask anybody to leave, because he says if he did not and someone pushed it, his job could be in danger? I said that sucks, as we headed out he said thanks for shopping with Target,..........this all go's back to what I preach about even that I open carry 95% of the time, if you go somewhere that has a sign, or sticker on the door or whatever keep your gun concealed, and keep effing QUIET about it buy your stuff and leave, after laughing all the way to the car I could not wait to get home and take off these 10lbs of guns, LOL,

calm down, as usual the media is misrepresenting the facts, target has only requested that people do not OPEN CARRY long guns into their stores, Target's policy has been and remains that they abide by whatever the local laws are regarding the carrying of firearms.

Link Removed

Bottom line is the Media Hype created by the long gun open carry protests in Texas. They don't want folks strolling in the stores with AK's.

Target can't be trusted with our credit cards. To hell with them. My wife had to get new debit and credit cards because of their computer breach.

I think their main concern is open carry of firearms that might scare away the lamestream media mind controlled nervous nellie sheeple. If they are concealed how would they know who is carrying? Are they going to put metal detectors and rent-a-cops at the door to pat people down?

By the way I believe Target is owned by a French holding company that is owned by Mooslums.

All ready a thread about this.

Target doesn't have a policy against open carry, they have a policy against firearms. They dont care if it's concealed or open. But...what does it matter, even the most anti gun stores will still get concealed carriers business.

This hype was not created by the open carry protest. It was created by the MDA trolling Facebook pictures and blaming the open carriers.

And people wonder why the gun community is so fractured...

So many concealed carriers have no backbone and seemingly no ability to critically think...which herd of sheep is worse, pro cc or anti gun?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

All ready a thread about this.

Target doesn't have a policy against open carry, they have a policy against firearms. They dont care if it's concealed or open. But...what does it matter, even the most anti gun stores will still get concealed carriers business.

This hype was not created by the open carry protest. It was created by the MDA trolling Facebook pictures and blaming the open carriers.

And people wonder why the gun community is so fractured...

So many concealed carriers have no backbone and seemingly no ability to critically think...which herd of sheep is worse, pro cc or anti gun?
without getting into a protracted argument with you, you are way off base with these comments. target has already made statements that contradict everyone of the nonsensical comments you've made

Target has already made statements that contradict everyone of the nonsensical comments you've made

Then it should be easy for you to quote anything from target that proves this right?

Good luck.

Comments from TTAG article:

Just got off the hook with a Target spokesperson. First I called a local store in Eugene Oregon, and they referred to a national number. It is: 1 612 696 3400
This person, whom I could barely understand, told me their policy was not to allow guns in there store, that they wanted to keep it a safe environment for everybody. I told them I was a concealed permit holder, and had gone through a background check, and didn’t feel that I would contribute much to changing the “environment” of their store. She said the CCW permit did not matter. I said I would no longer be shopping there.

see message #2 in this thread.
Link Removed

Link Removed

That is what you posted early.

"Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said the retailer will not post signs at its stores asking people not to bring guns inside. “It is not a ban,” she said. “There is no prohibition.”"

If you carry a handgun concealed, are you still bringing a gun inside? Yep...you sure are.

calm down, as usual the media is misrepresenting the facts, target has only requested that people do not OPEN CARRY long guns into their stores, Target's policy has been and remains that they abide by whatever the local laws are regarding the carrying of firearms.

Link Removed

Nothing in their statements has the words "long gun", or "do not open carry."

asking people not to bring guns inside.

All guns.

Home depot? Wrong store bud. Even then, open carry is legal in most states so it would still be allowed.

without getting into a protracted argument with you, you are way off base with these comments. target has already made statements that contradict everyone of the nonsensical comments you've made

LOL, you screwed up already there Bud, not all but some of these guys live for "protracted arguments":mad:

It would be easy not to argue...if there werent so many mommies in here.

Living in an OC prohibited state, I may understand OC of a longarm in TX because it is legal. It seems the prohibition of sidearms OC in TX is a "Ripley's Believe it or not" episode.

Having said that, OC of longarms in businesses where the buying public consists of men, women, and children who know nothing of why OCers are carrying "evil black rifles", sends the wrong message. They are alarmed, and fear for their lives. The videos I've seen of longarm carry in businesses have not advanced the cause, and just foster fear in the ignorant public, especially with the lack of personal grooming of the carriers. At the very least, I'd post huge signs at the store entrances, and continue to carry huge signs in the store. I would hope that permission was given by the store manager for the staged OC rallies inside businesses. The more information people see outside the store, the less they may be traumatized once inside.

Your OC rallies with longarms to protest the no sidearm OC may be so much more effective in neutral outdoor venues, or protests where legal at the state's capitol mall.

I own many of the rifles shown in the videos, and I would never carry into businesses with pattern or other rifles, even though they said it was OK. To repeat a worn-out cliche, "just because something is legal to do, doesn't make it right".

I'm 100% behind the OC argument, but please don't terrorize the ignorant public with your right. It's called respect for the individual.

Before I'm vilified for my stance on this important issue, please be aware I'm just one person who has the maturity to respect others' fears, over my right to OC longarms in big-box retailers.

If you feel the more the public is exposed to OC longarms, to protest prohibition of sidearm OC, will condition the public to be more tolerant, carry on.

My belief's are my own, right or wrong.

Its amazing how so many gun owners project their fear and ignorance onto the "scared and ignorant public" or speak out against OCT without even attempting to research what happened in Texas.

I'm beginning to think I was wrong about the public all along...they aren't filled up with ignorant people nearly as much as gun and anti gun groups.

If a business does not want guns on property, don't bring it in. If you can't part with it, shop somewhere that allows you to. The fact of the matter is gun carrying is not the majority, and businesses are going to please the majority who shop with them. Why would you spend money somewhere you are not welcomed?

"Then it should be easy for you to quote anything from target that proves this right"?

This is from the Target website.

"Every day at Target, in everything we do, we ask ourselves what is right for our guests? We make all of our decisions with that question in mind. Questions have circulated in recent weeks around Target’s policy on the “open carry” of firearms in its stores. Today, interim CEO, John Mulligan, shared the following note with our Target team members. We wanted you to hear this update from us, too.

The leadership team has been weighing a complex issue, and I want to be sure everyone understands our thoughts and ultimate decision.

As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit “open carry” should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

We’ve listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.

This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create".
Link Removed

The TTAG quote is 3rd hand, at best. The secretary apparently did not know the complete policy. Note that it only mentions open carry and not concealed carry.

Stores have to be concerned with what attracts or discourages customers. Right or wrong, most of the general public would be intimidated by a large group of men carrying guns into a store. 1 or 2 would be less intimidating. A store might not object to 2 or 3 teens hanging around outside, but if there is a large amount or the store getting complaints, it is going to stop all teens from hanging around outside.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back