What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
Glock 19, year round.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I am happy with my two guns in 40 choice for now. I do have several 45's that would work AIWB and one my XDS 45 that I pocket carried for several years, but the new 40 combo works for me.
Oddly with the XDS I shoot the 45 better than the 9 and the 9 better than the 40. I need to work on that. Waiting for the wildfire danger to subside.

To many people overlook the .32 acp. It is better than .380 acp. :dance3:

Just to make sure anyone inclined to take advice from this poster knows who and what he is:

cluznar said:
...Another good way to help gun control....

...As for gun bans, without a doubt assault rifles must be banned, citizens have no need for assault rifles in an educated society.

With 557 posts in this thread to date, Link Removed by 10 more than his closest competitor. Nearly Link Removed seek to "advise" people to look into .32 ACP or .380. Back in 2012, he was willing to talk up 9mm because he (allegedly) owned one (that he later claimed was never fired, and I can prove that), but other than a few posts in this thread during that time-frame, he's been a cheer-leader for rounds with the least stopping power or penetration out of the common rounds for concealed (or open for that matter) carry. The 26 posts of his in this thread prove that assertion adequately, but searching on his posting history throughout this forum will drive the truth home. He's a shill for gun control and gun bans, and for some unfathomable reason, he tries to talk less knowledgeable and unsuspecting newcomers into carrying the most under-powered rounds for self-defense.

He certainly has the right to be a "fan" of any given round or brand of weapon he chooses to be. Y'all, especially the newcomers who post to this thread, likewise have a right to know who (and what kind of person) is giving you advice on low-powered rounds. He will tell you that two rounds from a .380 will drop a "smaller" brown bear, as well as a "Link Removed," because he doesn't even know that brown bears are grizzlies. LOL. Either way, only the luckiest two shots from one of the micro-compact .380s in the history of history would ever kill a grizzly. Beware of who you accept advice from is all I'm sayin'.

Blues

Just to make sure anyone inclined to take advice from this poster knows who and what he is:

With 557 posts in this thread to date, Link Removed by 10 more than his closest competitor. Nearly Link Removed seek to "advise" people to look into .32 ACP or .380. Back in 2012, he was willing to talk up 9mm because he (allegedly) owned one (that he later claimed was never fired, and I can prove that), but other than a few posts in this thread during that time-frame, he's been a cheer-leader for rounds with the least stopping power or penetration out of the common rounds for concealed (or open for that matter) carry. The 26 posts of his in this thread prove that assertion adequately, but searching on his posting history throughout this forum will drive the truth home. He's a shill for gun control and gun bans, and for some unfathomable reason, he tries to talk less knowledgeable and unsuspecting newcomers into carrying the most under-powered rounds for self-defense.

He certainly has the right to be a "fan" of any given round or brand of weapon he chooses to be. Y'all, especially the newcomers who post to this thread, likewise have a right to know who (and what kind of person) is giving you advice on low-powered rounds. He will tell you that two rounds from a .380 will drop a "smaller" brown bear, as well as a "Link Removed," because he doesn't even know that brown bears are grizzlies. LOL. Either way, only the luckiest two shots from one of the micro-compact .380s in the history of history would ever kill a grizzly. Beware of who you accept advice from is all I'm sayin'.

Blues
I was laughing out loud when I read it and I remember now what this poster is all about. I literally told myself to ignore it because he might just be some old-timer with his Dad's gun as his only SD. I can't even remember the last time I saw .32 on the shelf. It might be but who's looking for it and how little is actually being sold? Thanks for the heads up.

The Place to Be

My favorite carry has been a 1911 in .45 of course. In hot weather it is less practical and I carry a PPK in. .380.

I do love them both. Unfortunately back and Hip issues have made it difficult to carry the 1911 all day so I have fallen back to the PPK. I love the gun but I am wanting something with a bit more energy.

I am going to give the Walther PPS a try as a compromise. I am thinking that the 9mm PPS may be a good fit with Federal HST 147gr +P. Adequate stopping power without 3+lbs on my belt.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back