What You'll See in The Rebellion

k9ontheway

Improvise-Adapt-Overcome
Shooting Illustrated writer, Bob Owen, writes about what the rebellion will look like, if and when the overreaching US Government decides to overthrow The Constitution. They have been slowly chipping away for many years (NDDA, PATRIOT ACT, etc) but what would happen if they actually decided to "come for the guns"? Who would stand for it and obey orders? Who would desert? What would we see in the US?

The comments at the bottom of the article are just as good as the article itself. Lots of food for thought on that page and I highly recommend reading it!

What do you all think of this?

I don't think they'd be stupid or bold enough to flat out try to seize the People's arms... but on the same token, look at what they've accomplished over the past 20 years. Going door to door would be a death sentence... a buy-back seems much more feasible. But even then... who would stand for it?

http://www.bob-owens.com/2012/12/what-youll-see-in-the-rebellion/comment-page-1/

Shooting Illustrated writer, Bob Owen, writes about what the rebellion will look like, if and when the overreaching US Government decides to overthrow The Constitution. They have been slowly chipping away for many years (NDDA, PATRIOT ACT, etc) but what would happen if they actually decided to "come for the guns"? Who would stand for it and obey orders? Who would desert? What would we see in the US?

The comments at the bottom of the article are just as good as the article itself. Lots of food for thought on that page and I highly recommend reading it!

What do you all think of this?

I don't think they'd be stupid or bold enough to flat out try to seize the People's arms... but on the same token, look at what they've accomplished over the past 20 years. Going door to door would be a death sentence... a buy-back seems much more feasible. But even then... who would stand for it?

Link Removed

Millions of people dead? Isn't that a LITTLE careless to say?

So sad to read this kind of article about the country I love...but unfortunately it's a very real forecast of what could happen. What would you do?

The number of people DEAD from the refusal or rebellion against gun turn ins will FAR out number the number of "children" that MIGHT be dead in the next 100 years due to crazy criminals that will not adhere to the law anyway.

Nice way to kill the better part of a half-hour. Definitely some interesting comments. I have daydreamed the exact same scenario many times over the past 30-35 years, "the revolution" happening for a number of different reasons, whatever was happening at the time. I first started thinking about it in the late 1970s, I guess.

Definitely the "best-case scenario" in the case of a second revolution. Only thing that the author really misses is that gun registration is not the only way gun owners will be targeted. I don't doubt that buying lots of ammunition online has you already pointed out.

I know the cops would since they think they are above the law anyway, but would US Airmen, Marines, Soldiers or Seamen really go door to door and kill americans for what they themselves are fighting and laying down their lives for?

I know the cops would since they think they are above the law anyway, but would US Airmen, Marines, Soldiers or Seamen really go door to door and kill americans for what they themselves are fighting and laying down their lives for?
Maybe National Guard, but more likely Obama's new "army", the DHS, the new 10,000 IRS agents, etc. Obama & Co do not like nor trust the US military, and would never trust them to do that.

Perhaps 50-100 million firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens will become contraband with the stroke of a pen.

OK Here is the deal BOB, there are over 350,000,000 gunners in America, A little over 50,000,000 people without guns, Maybe 5,000,000 in the Military, Law Enforcement and most of those people would stay on the American side, The Government would be wiped out.... The secret service would join the American's because no one wants to lose their life for a muslim.... This is a Christian country still.... and we don't like Muslim's.... We have tolerated them but that is going to cease......
In God We Trust will Be Put back on everything American, The pledge will be put back in School's..... our crime rate will decrease, The United States will return to normal.....

Perhaps 50-100 million firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens will become contraband with the stroke of a pen.

OK Here is the deal BOB, there are over 350,000,000 gunners in America, A little over 50,000,000 people without guns, Maybe 5,000,000 in the Military, Law Enforcement and most of those people would stay on the American side, The Government would be wiped out.... The secret service would join the American's because no one wants to lose their life for a muslim.... This is a Christian country still.... and we don't like Muslim's.... We have tolerated them but that is going to cease......
In God We Trust will Be Put back on everything American, The pledge will be put back in School's..... our crime rate will decrease, The United States will return to normal.....
Talking about "the stroke of a pen..."

It sounds good, and it reads well... I'd like to think it would come out that way. But even if it does, there will be a LOT of blood, sweat, tears, and time between every word that you've written. :sad:

I think it is also important to point out that our government ranks have been infiltrated by "Big Banks" interest. Look at all of the appointees who are former Goldman Sachs and other huge banking systems' employees. Or how cozy the Federal Reserve (no more federal than FedEx) is with big banks. The Fed is worse than an occupying army. This is a Banking cartel made up of numerous international banks who do not have the interest of the USA in mind. They have enslaved us through thier fiat currency and debt system. The Congress has the lowest approval rating of all time and until Bin Laden was uhh killed for the 15th time, Obama's approval was not very good either. True colors are shown when a government who is supposed to protect the rights of its citizens is trying take away the very right that is supposed to prevent an out of control tyranical government.

Nice way to kill the better part of a half-hour. Definitely some interesting comments. I have daydreamed the exact same scenario many times over the past 30-35 years, "the revolution" happening for a number of different reasons, whatever was happening at the time. I first started thinking about it in the late 1970s, I guess.

Definitely the "best-case scenario" in the case of a second revolution. Only thing that the author really misses is that gun registration is not the only way gun owners will be targeted. I don't doubt that buying lots of ammunition online has you already pointed out.

I saw on the news last night that part of the anti-gun bill being introduced will do away with mail ordering of ammunition. If you don't have much on hand, you had better buy a few rounds each week or so until you feel comfortable. I read the article from the OP and found it to be credible in many ways. There are still those in this country, and on here, who seem to think that a revolution could not, or would not, happen. I believe it could very easily be started more so now than ever before. The country is beginning to wake up to the fact that everything we were founded upon and stand for is being taken away from us and the majority of people don't know how to stand up to a corrupt government. The people of Europe learned, the hard way, how to stand up and fight for themselves in underground cells. Sure hope we have some fast learners in this country!

We continue to re-elect the very same people dragging us into the gutter. I don't have much hope anyone is learning much, let alone anyone getting it. :lazy:

I saw on the news last night that part of the anti-gun bill being introduced will do away with mail ordering of ammunition. If you don't have much on hand, you had better buy a few rounds each week or so until you feel comfortable. I read the article from the OP and found it to be credible in many ways. There are still those in this country, and on here, who seem to think that a revolution could not, or would not, happen. I believe it could very easily be started more so now than ever before. The country is beginning to wake up to the fact that everything we were founded upon and stand for is being taken away from us and the majority of people don't know how to stand up to a corrupt government. The people of Europe learned, the hard way, how to stand up and fight for themselves in underground cells. Sure hope we have some fast learners in this country!
I agree, it is more likely today than at any time I can think of. But I look at the National Gun Act of 1934 and wonder if the government was not more worried then. They pretty much eliminated all military weapons from civilian hands with that stroke of the pen. I guess they overestimated the concern of the people about the huge amount of rights eliminated during "The New Deal". But people are more likely to be pliable when they are not sure where their next meal is coming from.

A larger number of people are aware today than have ever been, but I believe that the number of people who would stand up is fairly small. I think that too many people worried about the looming ban are worried only about that ban. Even the author of the blog in question was thinking only of a gun ban of "assault weapons" and 30 round mags. I am not so sure that would trigger a nationwide revolution of any consequence. Especially not one involving the assassination of a significant number of government officials.

Really? You don't like us? Even though we are and have been serving honorably in all branches of the US Military and the president is NOT one of us? 2/3 the world is Muslim my uneducated friend, and we are only gaining more faithful.

Why don't you take your wooden tooth, glass eye and straw hat and jump back into the swamps with your own kind. As Americans, we have freedom of religon, which is guarunteed by the first amendment. Read it if you know how, hillbilly.

As for Obummer, he is a deist, he wants you to worship HIM, like Wyclef and Jamie Foxx are already doing.

Way to go with your first post dipsh!t. Real refined. If you really think you can't "tolerate" us Muslims, why don't you shut up and do something?

i just hope oathkeepers come out of the woodwork and refuse to just obey orders like that ......my guess they will get foreign troops or home grown fema f tards to do it similar to the tsa employees .......jus doin their job.....they will be kicking in all your doors at the same time in some odd early morning hour and will get what they came for when they do come is my guess.......unfortunately
all i can do is hope folks wake up stop being pawns for the establishment that enslaves us all........those who take our guns will have permission to keep theirs so they won't care .........hopefully they will look beyond that dangling carrot........
and see how taking our guns is not going to help humanity in the long run not by a long shot

I wrote a reply on a similar thread about confiscation or should I say forced confiscation and my reply was as follows: I am a Jew, just like the Jews that lived in Germany in the 1930s and the 1940s--ya know the ones that had been systematically (like all the population) deprived of any weapons. They submitted to the abuses and atrocities of their government in the country that they loved and eventually perished as the sheep they were. I am not a sheep. Someone knocks on my door like they did to Jews in Germany, someone will go to hell before I go to heaven. I will not be a sheep.

Really? You don't like us? Even though we are and have been serving honorably in all branches of the US Military and the president is NOT one of us?

I'm not sure what Obama's status has to do with anything, but there's some pretty decent evidence that your more radical jihadist brethren are very busy infiltrating the US military. Nidal Hasan comes to mind immediately, but just as I would scoff at someone bringing up Timothy McVeigh as an example of a "Christian terrorist," I think it's prudent to look at the wider picture. Before I do though, I'd like to know if we agree that Hasan is indeed a jihadist? I mean, if you agree with Obama that he committed nothing more than "work-place violence," then we'd be wasting our time trying to discuss this rationally.

Here, Allen West talks about a list that was found in VA documenting 100 or more jihadists that are already in the military. It's the first segment, maybe a minute and a half or so.

The accusation is hardly far-fetched, or limited to only being leveled at muslims. I can remember living in LA and local military bases taking note of gang-bangers joining in droves during Desert Storm, because they wanted the tactical training to bring back and implement on the streets of South Central. It would certainly make sense that jihadis would infiltrate our military for a number of reasons, not the least of which would be to hurt military members from inside like Hasan did, but also to gather intelligence on tactics, weapons systems, communication systems and codes, whatever, and send it back to their handlers in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever the next terrorist attack is being planned from.

In short, you're right that some muslims have served honorably, but you're, again, ignoring the rest of the story.

2/3 the world is Muslim my uneducated friend, and we are only gaining more faithful.

Indeed. And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? 2/3 of the world's population isn't enough, right? Heck, 99.9% wouldn't be enough. Your holy book and hadiths instruct you to either convert, enslave, or kill all infidels. I don't keep the passages at my fingertips, but I can certainly find them to document that you are so-instructed. Whether or not you, individually, follow such instruction is not the issue; it's that with 2/3 of the world's population practicing your faith, it only takes a small percentage of those who do to create the fear, distrust, anger, maybe even hate, that you were responding to with this post.

Now, we Christians are also instructed to witness and bring the unbelievers to Jesus. It's hardly comparable though. Just as we all had, and continue to maintain, free will to believe or not, we convince unbelievers through sharing our joy, contentment, our faith in Heaven, not for reward, like a gaggle of virgins or what have you, but for Heaven's own sake, to spend peaceful and loving eternity with our Father and Savior. We don't get there by coercing or threatening unbelievers with "smiting" their necks if they don't join us, we love them in the hope that Christ's love will rub off on them and they will exercise their free will just as all of us did at some point, and just believe to earn their way into Heaven.

Why don't you take your wooden tooth, glass eye and straw hat and jump back into the swamps with your own kind. As Americans, we have freedom of religon, which is guarunteed by the first amendment. Read it if you know how, hillbilly.

Tsk tsk. Stereotyping against being stereotyped. There's a strategy for peace and understanding, eh?

As for Obummer, he is a deist, he wants you to worship HIM, like Wyclef and Jamie Foxx are already doing.

I don't think you know what a deist is.

Way to go with your first post dipsh!t. Real refined. If you really think you can't "tolerate" us Muslims, why don't you shut up and do something?

I get this. It's actually exactly what my avatar is meant to say. People have died at the hands of muslims for simply drawing images like my avatar, in fact, the artist who drew that one was threatened and was in hiding for years because he knew enough to take the threat seriously. I keep it to say to any muslims who might see it, let's rock if it means that much to you. The fact that you have refrained from even mentioning it, and kept a pretty civil tone with me in spite of it, is at least an indication that you're not one of the more unreasonable among your faithful contemporaries. But then, Nidal Hasan served and bamboozled his co-workers and commanders into thinking he was one of the "good ones" for well over a decade before implementing his jihadist extremism, so one just never knows these days.
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

Blues

I'm not sure what Obama's status has to do with anything, but there's some pretty decent evidence that your more radical jihadist brethren are very busy infiltrating the US military. Nidal Hasan comes to mind immediately, but just as I would scoff at someone bringing up Timothy McVeigh as an example of a "Christian terrorist," I think it's prudent to look at the wider picture. Before I do though, I'd like to know if we agree that Hasan is indeed a jihadist? I mean, if you agree with Obama that he committed nothing more than "work-place violence," then we'd be wasting our time trying to discuss this rationally.

Here, Allen West talks about a list that was found in VA documenting 100 or more jihadists that are already in the military. It's the first segment, maybe a minute and a half or so.

The accusation is hardly far-fetched, or limited to only being leveled at muslims. I can remember living in LA and local military bases taking note of gang-bangers joining in droves during Desert Storm, because they wanted the tactical training to bring back and implement on the streets of South Central. It would certainly make sense that jihadis would infiltrate our military for a number of reasons, not the least of which would be to hurt military members from inside like Hasan did, but also to gather intelligence on tactics, weapons systems, communication systems and codes, whatever, and send it back to their handlers in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever the next terrorist attack is being planned from.

In short, you're right that some muslims have served honorably, but you're, again, ignoring the rest of the story.

Indeed. And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? 2/3 of the world's population isn't enough, right? Heck, 99.9% wouldn't be enough. Your holy book and hadiths instruct you to either convert, enslave, or kill all infidels. I don't keep the passages at my fingertips, but I can certainly find them to document that you are so-instructed. Whether or not you, individually, follow such instruction is not the issue; it's that with 2/3 of the world's population practicing your faith, it only takes a small percentage of those who do to create the fear, distrust, anger, maybe even hate, that you were responding to with this post.

Now, we Christians are also instructed to witness and bring the unbelievers to Jesus. It's hardly comparable though. Just as we all had, and continue to maintain, free will to believe or not, we convince unbelievers through sharing our joy, contentment, our faith in Heaven, not for reward, like a gaggle of virgins or what have you, but for Heaven's own sake, to spend peaceful and loving eternity with our Father and Savior. We don't get there by coercing or threatening unbelievers with "smiting" their necks if they don't join us, we love them in the hope that Christ's love will rub off on them and they will exercise their free will just as all of us did at some point, and just believe to earn their way into Heaven.

Tsk tsk. Stereotyping against being stereotyped. There's a strategy for peace and understanding, eh?

I don't think you know what a deist is.

I get this. It's actually exactly what my avatar is meant to say. People have died at the hands of muslims for simply drawing images like my avatar, in fact, the artist who drew that one was threatened and was in hiding for years because he knew enough to take thhreat seriously. I keep it to say to any muslims who might see it, let's rock if it means that much to you. The fact that you have refrained from even mentioning it, and kept a pretty civil tone with me in spite of it, is at least an indication that you're not one of the more unreasonable among your faithful contemporaries. But then, Nidal Hasan served and bamboozled his co. -workers and commanders into thinking he was one of the "good ones" for well over a decade before implementing his jihadist extremism, so one just never knows these days.
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

Blues

Hassan is a traitor, he should be tried for treason. Compare me to him all you want. I see no reason to show respect to the newbie troll, or you for that matter since you show none for me. You can pretend that you're a badass with that stupid cartoon (like i care, it's a picture lol) it. doesn't bother me. What you do with your. soul is your business. I was simply letting him know he is a minority. I do not care what you believe in. Just can't stand that backwoods racism you call "southern pride.". Keep it to yourself. Go ahead and ridicule everyone who doesn't think your way. Yay for you cartoons make you feel tough lol

Can't we ALL just get along? Are we not fighting the same fight, of late, anyway? Hang together, or we hang separately.

Did everyone feel better blowing-off a little steam, or calmly and succinctly pen witty, charming prose?

AHHH! I feel better already!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back