What to do after a self defense shooting?

GOV5:249171 said:
You go with that theory...

Just like a lot of the people populating our maximum security prisons.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding, what is the crime here?

Let me pose another scenario: The guy tries to rob you and is unsuccessful because you fought with him and knocked him out. Would you just walk away, or call the cops? Has a crime been committed? And if so, by whom?
Think about this. Are you SURE you want to call the cops? What if he isn't just "knocked out"? What if you caused a brain bleed and he died? But you didn't know it. Now you have a dead body there, and absolutely NO PROOF the guy tried to rob you. As far as the police are concerned, you had it in for this guy and just beat him to death. Are you still SURE you want to call the cops?

There is no perfect crime. You will eventually be found. If the guy dies, witnesses and evidence will eventually lead to you. If he lives, he's seen you, and the issue of witnesses and evidence still remain. I can't believe you could be confused about this. In any case, the first crime that occurred is an attempted robbery/murder. That would be the bad guy. That's why you press charges. He chose to break the law. He screwed up your day when all you were trying to do was go about your normal peaceful life. He forced you to act to save your own life. That's worth pressing charges. Plus, you have a civic duty to report the crime and a legal obligation to report your use of force. If you walk away, regardless of whether the guy lives or dies, YOU are the criminal. You cannot simply pick and choose which laws are convenient enough for you to follow.

Upon LE arrival, clearly identify yourself, tell him you are willing to fully cooperated after speaking with your clergy or lawyer. If you must say anything, it has been suggested by many trainers and LEO, that you say I WANT THAT MAN/Person Arrested, I was afraid for my life. Even the the person is clearly down/dead/incapacitated, you should state I want them arrested, I was in fear for my life. Take the time for your body to calm, often after an incident, the adrenlin is running high, leads to all the body reactions that may make you unclear as to what you say, or meant to say. Say as little as possible at first.

"There is no perfect crime. You will eventually be found. If the guy dies, witnesses and evidence will eventually lead to you. If he lives, he's seen you, and the issue of witnesses and evidence still remain. I can't believe you could be confused about this."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M
Let me take this point by point:

1.There are no perfect crimes. Yes there are. Plenty of crimes never get solved.

2. Witnesses and evidence still remain. No they don't. Please pay attention. There were NO witnesses.

3. You have a civic duty(non-enforceable) and a "legal" obligation to report the use of force. You're close on the second part. That's the one my entire discussion centers around. You don't seem to understand that. Under the scenario I put forth, what crime(s) were committed, if any? And by whom?

4 If you walk away and the guy dies, You are the criminal. Ok, maybe, but why?

Just trying to get answers to some possible situations that COULD occur. Now I realize that laws are different in each state, so answers may be different too.

Call the police as stated, ambulance as stated, protect yourself, make no statement to police, would not leave scene except if additional threats are present while protectiing myself and family, stay on phone with police if possible. No answer will work in every state. Just as in a hit and run, failure to stop and render aid you will have major problems. Again though protect yourself from further violance.

Call the police as stated, ambulance as stated, protect yourself, make no statement to police, would not leave scene except if additional threats are present while protectiing myself and family, stay on phone with police if possible. No answer will work in every state. Just as in a hit and run, failure to stop and render aid you will have major problems. Again though protect yourself from further violance. One more time I don't care where you live but if you would just post the state where you live under location helps with the answer.

I'm sorry, Nightmare 45. I thought my location was in my post, up there is the top right hand corner. I live in South Carolina. And am not an expert on the laws here either.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back