what should i do now?

Wow. There is so much wrong there I don't know where to start. As typing a lot is painful, I'm not going to write the great American novel going point by point. Suffice it to say that a proper defense includes proficiency in armed and unarmed defense(tools), tactical training, ( how to use tools), and mindset (ability to recognize a threat and react appropriately.) I disagree with the priorities of this test, some of the information is not accurate. I would seek training elsewhere. That is my opinion only, but you will need to decide for yourself.

Wow. There is so much wrong there I don't know where to start. As typing a lot is painful, I'm not going to write the great American novel going point by point. Suffice it to say that a proper defense includes proficiency in armed and unarmed defense(tools), tactical training, ( how to use tools), and mindset (ability to recognize a threat and react appropriately.) I disagree with the priorities of this test, some of the information is not accurate. I would seek training elsewhere. That is my opinion only, but you will need to decide for yourself.
Thanks fudo, I thought some of my answers should have been correct but the test said otherwise. I have acquired more knowledge from reading the posts on the forum.

You were so nervous you couldn't get the safe open, but you did not have a gun???? Confused....

Thanks Wyldekard for the link to the article "How to Buy Your First Gun for Defense" it was very informative.
I have a question for you, is the girl in the picture holding the gun properly? This isn't how my instructor
showed me how to grip it. Thanks for your reply.

No she is not. There is a lot wrong about the way she is holding that weapon and how her body and body parts are positioned. Maybe her purpose was to show how not to do it?

No she is not. There is a lot wrong about the way she is holding that weapon and how her body and body parts are positioned. Maybe her purpose was to show how not to do it?

Thanks for the confirmation, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right path. If I was holding the Springfield XD
like she was it would have jumped out of my hand. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the confirmation, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right path. If I was holding the Springfield XD
like she was it would have jumped out of my hand. Thanks for your reply.

Remember also that a semi-automatic pistol requires a firm foundation in order to function properly. That foundation is the strength and position of your grip on the weapon.

Remeber also that a semi-automatic pistol requires a firm foundation in order to function properly. That foundation is the strength and position of your grip on the weapon.

Thanks Wyldekard, That means the next time I go to target practice I am going to hold the gun really tight so I have a more accurate shot. Our instructor didn't cover very much with us. It was like a short talk (less than 10 minutes) and then straight to shooting. Most of his conversation was his military background and how dangerous firearms are. He said, his eye had been blown out and the navy had really good doctors. So basicaly it is going to be up to me to practice and then practice more.

Thanks Wyldekard, That means the next time I go to target practice I am going to hold the gun really tight so I have a more accurate shot. Our instructor didn't cover very much with us. It was like a short talk (less than 10 minutes) and then straight to shooting. Most of his conversation was his military background and how dangerous firearms are. He said, his eye had been blown out and the navy had really good doctors. So basicaly it is going to be up to me to practice and then practice more.

Someone once told me to hold it with the same force you would use to hold a hammer while hitting a nail. That seems to work out okay. To much effort on the grip will have an adverse affect on your POI (point of impact). The information in this link will help you analyse your target after practice:
Link Removed

Someone once told me to hold it with the same force you would use to hold a hammer while hitting a nail. That seems to work out okay. To much effort on the grip will have an adverse affect on your POI (point of impact). The information in this link will help you analyse your target after practice:
Link Removed

Thanks for the link.. I am looking forward to going to practice again soon. But I am waiting for someone to go with me. Not to comfortable going alone at the moment.

get a firm grip on it yes but not really really tight don't fight the recoil just kinda flow with it

thanks eagleeyes, this is exactly what I need to work on...next time I will have a firmer grip and try to not fight the recoil... hopefully have better results... thanks for the reply

thanks eagleeyes, this is exactly what I need to work on...next time I will have a firmer grip and try to not fight the recoil... hopefully have better results... thanks for the reply

You have to control the recoil (assuming the caliber you fire generates recoil) to get your sights back on target for your follow up shot(s). It's kind of tough to explain, but the weapon should only flip up as little as possible when you fire. Maybe if I explain one of my favorite drills it will help. It's called the "45" drill. It gets the name because it involves four "fives". You start with your weapon in your holster. From a distance of 5 yards, you draw and fire 5 rounds into a 5 inch circle, in 5 seconds. I really enjoy it, more than other drills for some reason. You will never be able to do it unless you can control the recoil. You never just flow with the recoil. That is counter productive to saving your life in a gunfight.

the gun when gripped right will recoil back to the original position like i said don't fight it let it fall back in place to get back on target......there is a difference in fighting the recoil and controlling it .....control is good but fighting it is not is what i was trying to say wyldcard that really shouldn't have been that hard for you to understand?

the gun when gripped right will recoil back to the original position like i said don't fight it let it fall back in place to get back on target......there is a difference in fighting the recoil and controlling it .....control is good but fighting it is not is what i was trying to say wyldcard that really shouldn't have been that hard for you to understand?

You have no idea what recoil is, how it is generated, or how to handle it. In fact you know virtually nothing more about weapons other than they go bang. Stop giving advice on things you know little to absolutely nothing about before you get someone hurt or worse.

You have no idea what recoil is, how it is generated, or how to handle it. In fact you know virtually nothing more about weapons other than they go bang. Stop giving advice on things you know little to absolutely nothing about before you get someone hurt or worse.

erm it's simple physics watson don't take a rocket scientist to understand it and how arrogant of you to speak to me that way you don't know what i know or don't know so please stop pretending you do . i may not know much about alot of guns but i know more than what you think i do but carry on if you must. i may be new to conceal carry but like i said it doesn't take a degree to understand recoil and action of a bullet being fired through a muzzle geesh and who the hell are YOU to tell me what to post and what not to? get off your high horse and get a grip ffs

get a firm grip on it yes but not really really tight don't fight the recoil just kinda flow with it

erm it's simple physics watson don't take a rocket scientist to understand it and how arrogant of you to speak to me that way you don't know what i know or don't know so please stop pretending you do . i may not know much about alot of guns but i know more than what you think i do but carry on if you must. i may be new to conceal carry but like i said it doesn't take a degree to understand recoil and action of a bullet being fired through a muzzle geesh and who the hell are YOU to tell me what to post and what not to? get off your high horse and get a grip ffs

Do you have any any idea of what you've written when you're done typing or do you simply disconnect what you pass off as a mind and go strictly with the delusion you are in at the time of the next dispersal of your "expertise"?

Hey Watson yourself, fool. Here is something completely foreign to you. ACTUAL RESEARCH!

Recoil (often called knockback, kickback or simply kick) is the backward Link Removed of a gun when it is discharged. In technical terms, the recoil caused by the gun exactly balances the forward momentum of the projectile and exhaust gasses (ejecta), according to Link Removed. In most Link Removed, the momentum is transferred to the ground through the body of the shooter; while in heavier guns such as mounted Link Removed or Link Removed, the momentum is transferred to the ground through its Link Removed. In order to bring the gun to a halt, a forward counter-recoil force must be applied to the gun over a period of time.

Recoil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In case you still can't grasp your mistake, what you are flapping your expert yap about is actually counter-recoil force which is exerted by the musculature of the shooter, not the recoil force of the weapon.

Like I said before, stop giving advice regarding things you know little to nothing about because there are people who are so new to weaponry that they don't realize how dangerously uneducated about the subject you really are and they might actually follow what you advise which will result in injury, serious injury, or death.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back