What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!

LancasterGP-1975AK-47s.jpg

A Lancaster Arms "Russian Red", and a Romanian GP-1975

YugoUnderfolderAK-47.jpg

A pair of Yugo Underfolders

1960PolishMilledReceiverAK-47s.jpg

A pair of 1960 Polish Milled Receiver Models

Full size Stag AR, 20 in barrel, bipod, scope, no pics camera crapped out, only problem is my better half wants her own AR

I have a few, but my favs are the Saiga .223 with Tapco stock, grip and FCG and the Saiga 12 with the same mods as the .223 and a variety of mags.

I see several of the members on this forum have a version of a "famous" Kalashnikov weapon that has been the weapon of choice for all of our enemies since VietNam! What do you use them for? To declare war on Deer and Elk? I suppose there will be a demand on RPG's next? :no:

I see several of the members on this forum have a version of a "famous" Kalashnikov weapon that has been the weapon of choice for all of our enemies since VietNam! What do you use them for? To declare war on Deer and Elk? I suppose there will be a demand on RPG's next? :no:

What is your point? To slam a good rifle design, or just try and bad mouth whoever owns one? The fact you asked such a foolish question to begin with, ("What do you use them for?") shows where you are coming from. What does anyone use any gun for? An AK-47 is no different than any other firearm. It can be used for target, plinking, self defense, and yes, even hunting. Imagine that. Perhaps you should ask yourself WHY it has been "the weapon of choice for all of our enemies since Viet Nam". You just might find the answer to your question. Bill T.

Don't have a AK, yet, LOL but I do have a SKS and 2 Mosin Nagants, and they all shoot great, almost afraid to get a AK, my luck might run out :laugh:

What is your point? To slam a good rifle design, or just try and bad mouth whoever owns one? The fact you asked such a foolish question to begin with, ("What do you use them for?") shows where you are coming from. What does anyone use any gun for? An AK-47 is no different than any other firearm. It can be used for target, plinking, self defense, and yes, even hunting. Imagine that. Perhaps you should ask yourself WHY it has been "the weapon of choice for all of our enemies since Viet Nam". You just might find the answer to your question. Bill T.

Boy! (and I say that to you sincerely...) I AM a VietNam Veteran and I still don't know why someone would want a pressed tin peice of Soviet junk! :yu:

For someone that supports the site you sure don't seem to support the members.

However, your trolling attempt did get some bites so I will give you 7 out of 10

Boy! (and I say that to you sincerely...) I AM a VietNam Veteran and I still don't know why someone would want a pressed tin peice of Soviet junk!

I agree with the last poster that you are trolling for a fight. The problem is like many who dislike the AK for whatever reason, you're doing it with false information, and total nonsense. The AK-47 is not, "made from pressed Tin". Nor is it, "a piece of Soviet junk". It is in fact the number one rated assault rifle in the world. Many AK-47 models are made on milled receivers that start out as an 11 pound block of solid steel. The stamped receiver models such as the Yugo Underfolders I pictured, are as or even stronger than the milled receiver models. The AK-47 is a proven battle rifle, and there are many tombstones in Arlington that prove that fact. They achieved the position of the number one rated assault rifle in the world because of performance.

Our AR-15 / M-16 platform has been plagued with issues and problems from day one. And there are a great many tombstones in Arlington that prove that as well. Many articles such as this one have denounced the M-16 as a weapon who's time has long since come and gone. If you're doubting anything I am saying, this article will set you straight.

U.S. Army's M4, M16, AR: A National Disgrace?

You need to educate yourself about a weapon you know nothing about. Your foolish, stupid statements have proven that. In short you need to smarten up and grow up. I find it difficult to believe a veteran of your age could speak so foolishly. Bill T.

You have me mistaken for another, I'm not trying to pick an arguement with anyone, I'm a 68 yr old retired Msgt who served two tours in VietNam, I stopped growing a long, long time ago, and I stand by my statements. By the way,as for my intelect, I have a Bachelors degree from the Univ. of Maryland in Instructional Systems Management, and I am a Master Instructor, and as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over...

Everyone has the right to own whatever weapon they want. Please don't talk down to people because you don't like a particular model. My father that is in his late 60's, retired from the Navy, also own's one as well as a few of my friends. I wouldn't mind owning one myself. To each his own!

You have me mistaken for another, I'm not trying to pick an arguement with anyone, I'm a 68 yr old retired Msgt who served two tours in VietNam, I stopped growing a long, long time ago, and I stand by my statements. By the way,as for my intelect, I have a Bachelors degree from the Univ. of Maryland in Instructional Systems Management, and I am a Master Instructor, and as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over...

It was over before it started, simply because you know nothing about AK-47's. That you've proven. I don't give a damn where you went to school, it's time to start acting your age. Bill T.

And I am a 61 year old who did one extended tour in Vietnam doing LRRPs until I wanted better living conditions and became a gunner on Huey C model gunships...followed by almost 6 mos in the Detachment of Patients at Letterman due to a run-in with an AK. I'm going to trust my experience a lot more than your opinion...because, inspite of the valuable insight I am sure you obtained in your 2 years on the flight line at Tan Son Nhut, Bien Hoa or Danang, I think you are dead wrong about the value and efficacy of the Kalishnikov battle rifle and talking through your rectal cavity in general.

And, by the way, I'll see your Bachelors and raise you a MPA from Northeastern.

:pleasantry:

I don't understand why people do this kind of silly, stupid nonsense. Especially veterans. I guess it's like a college football rivalry. It becomes more of a "necessity" to slam the opponent. I wish people would grow the hell up about the AK-47. This weapon has handed our ass to us in how many wars now? Yet, in spite of that fact we have people calling it "junk", "cheap", etc. Talk about adults acting stupid. Then, in the same breath, they want to brag about their "education". I think it would be better for all concerned if they elected to accumulate a little more common sense. Makes as much sense as these stupid derelicts talking about "conspiracies" in the Eric Scott murder. Bill T.

If I offended any of you by expressing my thoughts on a particular firearm I apologize, but keep in mind one thing, it wasn't I who is guilty of name calling, and that was why I kept the conversation going... :pleasantry:

Everyone has the right to own whatever weapon they want. Please don't talk down to people because you don't like a particular model. My father that is in his late 60's, retired from the Navy, also own's one as well as a few of my friends. I wouldn't mind owning one myself. To each his own!

Better watch out Luke, thats a good politicly correct answer, you may get elected for something, personaly i have my eye on a near new looking Russian AK, as soon as I can pry it loose from its present owner

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back