What Do You Carry?

You have to have your firearm listed on your CCW permit? In Ohio, I just ned the CCW and can carry as many guns as will fit on my person (if I want to) from what I understand. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Neal

CCW varies from state to state. A few states don't even require a permit. I grew up in Vermont, where you don't need a permit to carry. Surprisingly enough we also have one of the lowest, if not the lowest homicide rate in the union. I moved down to Virginia last year and it was quite a shock the different view on fire arms. I still got my permit, but it took almost two months of waiting.

Anyways, I carry a Kahr MK9, or a P226 if it's jacket weather. I always keep two extra mags on me and I also pocket a quick assist Gerber pocket knife. I've used that thing more often than any pistol. Opening those stupid plastic cases that every new item seems to come in, impromptu screw driver, etc. etc.

Hello all,

I am still a newbie here in the forum and have been reading as many posts as I can. I notice many people carry different weapons depending on the weather. I hope this question doesn't sound completely stupid, but what effect does the weather have on what you might choose to carry? Is it the material the particular weapon is made of, or something else? I carry a SW99 mainly. Looking to get a Glock 23 .40 cal next.

Mac

The weather dictates what kind of clothing you wear, unless of course you're James Bond, then it's a Tux 24/7.

If it's colder out you'll be wearing a jacket and heavier clothing, which makes it easier to conceal a larger weapon. When it's hot out most of us are in t-shirts and shorts when there's no dress code required. Wearing an outfit like that makes it much more difficult to conceal a large handgun.

That is interesting. What happens when the home state does not require the firearm to be listed, but reciprocates with AK?

Thanks,

Neal

Last I checked Alaska doesn't require permits either. As far as I know Vermont and Alaska are the only two. So I believe what the permit in your home state requires isn't at all pertinent in Alaska. In short any legally purchased firearm can be concealed in AK.

I carry my M&P9 full size and at least one spare mag, usually two though, no matter the weather. I just use a different carry method to address concealment. I personally believe in carrying as much gun as you can. Sure theres time carry the mouse gun, a trip to the local stop and rob or mowing the lawn in bathing suit shorts and no t-shirt..not a pretty sight. If I'm gonna be further than that, I go full size.

I normally carry an XD45 4" if it isn't too warm to conceal easilly, otherwise I carry a Makarov 9mm. I love the easy concealability of the Mak.

Sorry about not posting what these two handguns are. The top picture is a Kimber stainless steel Ultra Raptor II, which is my usual CC handgun. The revovler below that is a Ruger SP 101, 2 1/4 inch barrel in .357 magnum. Which one I carry depends on the weather. I live in the deep South so weather, heat and humidity, plays a role in which handgun I carry.

One of my Kimbers and a Sig P238 Equinox.......:biggrin:

Kimber011.jpg

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back