Vacation Travel Carry Question

there have been numerous cases at all the NYC/NJ airports, the most infamous was a guy who missed a connecting flight at ewr and had to spend the night at a hotel, he wanted to change clothes and have toiletries so he took possession of his luggage which contained weapons. the next day when he checked in and declared the weapons he was arrested and spent about 5 nights in the essex county jail.
Yeah I knew about that guy. But he said 6-9 months in jail while they awaited trial. I don't remember that happening. Couldn't find anything on Google.

I can't find anyone who was jailed without bail for possessing a gun at the airport. Can you show me where I might find it?

When Eliot Spitzer was governor of New York (and before he got caught running with whores at taxpayer expense) it was common knowledge - and frequently reported on in the gunzines - that one of the fastest ways to end up in Manhattan's Tombs prison was to get caught at Kennedy or LaGuardia airports with a handgun in your luggage. Even the American Rifleman was warning gun owners about Eliot Spitzer's antithetical attacks on, otherwise innocent, gun owners. I'm not going to spend too much time looking for any of THE NUMEROUS INCIDENTS that occurred; but, here's what 5 minutes on Google turned up:

Link Removed

Link Removed

As I said, a few years ago this information was common knowledge across many gun forums, and in all the gunzines. I can also remember taking a wide detour around the state of Massachusetts on the way to go deer hunting in upper New England. Why? Because my out-of-state deer rifle could have earned me an automatic 10 year prison sentence if I were found in possession of a firearm while traveling through Massachusetts!

One of my closest friends (The man who, originally, taught me how to handle a pistol well.) once remarked, 'When you're at home you're still (more or less) 'king of the castle'; but once you get inside an automobile, walk into an airport, or get on a plane you might as well paint a giant red and white bullseye on your back because, all of a sudden, numerous government agencies are going to be out to get you!'

When Eliot Spitzer was governor of New York (and before he got caught running with whores at taxpayer expense) it was common knowledge - and frequently reported on in the gunzines - that one of the fastest ways to end up in Manhattan's Tombs prison was to get caught at Kennedy or LaGuardia airports with a handgun in your luggage. Even the American Rifleman was warning gun owners about Eliot Spitzer's antithetical attacks on, otherwise innocent, gun owners. I'm not going to spend too much time looking for any of THE NUMEROUS INCIDENTS that occurred; but, here's what 5 minutes on Google turned up:

Link Removed

Link Removed

As I said, a few years ago this information was common knowledge across many gun forums, and in all the gunzines. I can also remember taking a wide detour around the state of Massachusetts on the way to go deer hunting in upper New England. Why? Because my out-of-state deer rifle could have earned me an automatic 10 year prison sentence if I were found in possession of a firearm while traveling through Massachusetts!

One of my closest friends (The man who, originally, taught me how to handle a pistol well.) once remarked, 'When you're at home you're still (more or less) 'king of the castle'; but once you get inside an automobile, walk into an airport, or get on a plane you might as well paint a giant red and white bullseye on your back because, all of a sudden, numerous government agencies are going to be out to get you!'
That last statement is just wrong and frankly a little paranoid. You don't know the law or the case law history in NY. I do..
Who was jailed 9 months awaiting trial? You gave a link to a brief synopsis of criminal possession in NY. I'm certified by the Sheriff's departments in lower NYS and teach the NY penal law as part of the Sheriff's curriculum. While criminal possession is charged the cases at the airport all resulted in suspended sentences, probation or complete dismissal. No one arrested at a NY airport was held 6-9 months awaiting trial. In fact no trials occurred to my knowledge. Your first citation was NJ not NY.
There's nothing that's common knowledge amongst gun forums and magazines. The NRA magazines are like listening to Sean Hannity on a bad night. Anf the gun forums are nothing more than a rumor mill.

When Eliot Spitzer was governor of New York (and before he got caught running with whores at taxpayer expense) it was common knowledge - and frequently reported on in the gunzines - that one of the fastest ways to end up in Manhattan's Tombs prison [/I][/COLOR]'
you should be made aware that the Tombs was closed decades ago

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back