Utah, Arizona, and Alaska are the big losers

Alaska has the highest per capita violent crime rate of the 50 states. Maybe they are just lousy shots.

According to the census bureau AK is ranked 23rd for violent crime. At first glance you might think Alaska is number two. The list is alphabetical, you need to look at the far side of the page to get the ranking. Alaska has 100% reporting unlike other States. The non compliant communities tend to be the ones with higher crime rates. Had we, nationally, 100% reporting I'm sure Alaska and a number of other States would move up in rank. I'm not quite sure how the quality of shooting has anything to do with the crime rate. In Alaska shooting at someone is a violent crime whether you hit them or not. In my limited experience when someone came back from a hunt without meat it was most often because they didn't see anything legal to shoot.

Link Removed

This brady bunch is very kind. Alaska laws are good but we aren't perfect. Still I appreciate their acknowledgement of the work we have done. Those poor people in CA must be so depressed to see how little their legislators have done to protect them.

Damn Vermont Tied with New Hampshire at 27th, and I thought we would at least be 48th or 49th. We have to do more to get lower on the scale. Wait what else can we do to get a better score. We have almost no firearms laws, we have no CCW permit laws, We are constitutional carry since day one. Anyone who is a citizen of the US or Resident of Vermont can carry here as long as you are not a felon or one who is prohibited from owning a firearm. Go figure.......

I was wondering about this myself. The only thing that I can think of is that without the permit system your residents can only carry in your home State. AK stole your idea about constitutional carry, thank you very much for your lead, but we also issue optional permits. These permits are recognized in something like 37 States. If you ever start issuing CC permits AK will immediately recognize them. Also without the permit the feds can mess with you regarding guns within 1000' of a school rule. While we, like you, don't care if you carry CC or OC as long as you can legally own a hand gun, if you have a permit AK says that a permit issued by another State is considered the same as one issued here. This may or may not help you with the feds regarding the school zone crud but State and local cops should leave you alone.

You still lead us on some things. In VT it is 18 years old to own and CC a handgun, in AK it is 21 years. At 18 you can vote and die for your country but you can't carry a gun. At 19 you can be a federal officer but you can't carry a sidearm legally till 21 in most States. That soap box is starting to look real good right now so I had better stop. Thanks again VT for your lead in so many things.

I feel/believe it is very important to visit these folks and often. If you search the internet to remain as informed as you may it is certainly in your/our best interests to visit the “Enemy” and to know them well, they believe they know this “Crazy gun culture” but they have no clue. I think it is a badge of honor to be referred to as the Obamanation, B. Hussein Obama, does, one who is not to be denied my belief and my love for my “God and Guns”. No matter what else we may share, we love the freedom that a well-armed and well-informed citizenry represents. So, mark The Brady Campaign to end “Gun Violence” on your favorite bar and go their often as well as other Enemies of our freedoms. Visit all the liberal Congress, House and Senate’s web sites and see how they are doing. Check often with your state’s pending bills and the feds via Thomas on the internet. Most of the time we must get down and crawl in the muck and mire with the bottom dwelling creatures that are after us and ours.

How did Ohio manage to get such a low score? (7)
Because they are working on changes. And the Brady bunch hate that too. Florida got a 3. We need to work harder before I leave there forever. Need to get it to a 0 too. :biggrin: Then we'll have to work on here.

Near 'bout makes me want to move to Arizona with my daughter!
AZ is a nice good place -- to visit. 'Wouldn't want to live there. It is too near the border. The same with Texas. Unless otherwise we have a strong border as what Rick Perry wanted to do when he was running for President, should he had accomplished that, we can never be sure when the drug moguls can reach inland and so in fear, you will have to move again in some other states to make sure your family and you will be OK. Too risky, mate!!! We have to think ahead at this stage while the current potus is there.

I was wondering about this myself. The only thing that I can think of is that without the permit system your residents can only carry in your home State. AK stole your idea about constitutional carry, thank you very much for your lead, but we also issue optional permits. These permits are recognized in something like 37 States. If you ever start issuing CC permits AK will immediately recognize them. Also without the permit the feds can mess with you regarding guns within 1000' of a school rule. While we, like you, don't care if you carry CC or OC as long as you can legally own a hand gun, if you have a permit AK says that a permit issued by another State is considered the same as one issued here. This may or may not help you with the feds regarding the school zone crud but State and local cops should leave you alone.

You still lead us on some things. In VT it is 18 years old to own and CC a handgun, in AK it is 21 years. At 18 you can vote and die for your country but you can't carry a gun. At 19 you can be a federal officer but you can't carry a sidearm legally till 21 in most States. That soap box is starting to look real good right now so I had better stop. Thanks again VT for your lead in so many things.

Thanks we strive to be leaders in some of the most controversial areas. As for the 1000 ft GFSZ. It actually doesn't apply here in Vermont, since most schools here in VT fall under private use land laws for ACT 250/Act 60. You can drive into any school parking lot and probably find at least 3-4 cars that have guns in them. The only people that are restricted from my knowledge is school faculty, staff and students. Parents and visitors can have firearms in there vehicle's as long as they are just picking up/dropping off. Plus just to make a minor correction on your comments.

At 18 yo, you can possess a handgun without parental consent if purchased privately, not through a gun shop. Still cant buy the ammo for it though.

Out Standing Pyle, outstanding. Dear Sara Brady thanks for informing the ChiComs, Liberals and other folks where not to invade. Don’t mess with Arizona (I do not eat Scorpions for breakfast as my dearest one the Governor may, however we do have a small scorpion ranch where I live), Texas (Nuff said bout them) and the other several States of the free America (As long as I [We] breath it shall be free). I do have a question. All of the gear my friend has, laser sight, Red-Dot sight and most all of his Galati gear, is made in China. So, why in the world would anyone that is obviously aware of OUR armed status mess with us in the U.S.? I do believe we have a Badge of Courage, at least the first Ten of them and most certainly the Second Right to protect our freedom. Now, I ask in all sincerity, if this post is in the incorrect blog let me know for sure and for certain and I will amend my ways.

I feel/believe it is very important to visit these folks and often. If you search the internet to remain as informed as you may it is certainly in your/our best interests to visit the “Enemy” and to know them well, they believe they know this “Crazy gun culture” but they have no clue. I think it is a badge of honor to be referred to as the Obamanation, B. Hussein Obama, does, one who is not to be denied my belief and my love for my “God and Guns”. No matter what else we may share, we love the freedom that a well-armed and well-informed citizenry represents. So, mark The Brady Campaign to end “Gun Violence” on your favorite bar and go their often as well as other Enemies of our freedoms. Visit all the liberal Congress, House and Senate’s web sites and see how they are doing. Check often with your state’s pending bills and the feds via Thomas on the internet. Most of the time we must get down and crawl in the muck and mire with the bottom dwelling creatures that are after us and ours.
Uh...you think I have time to kill myself doing all your above suggestion without raising my blood pressure? Does anyone really have the time to "visit these folks often"? Besides I am busy being a bigot, one-track-mind, racist Comander-in-Chief here in my house...<tongue-in-cheek> too much responsibility...<sigh>

Unbelievable, can't believe Ohio scored lower then pa...

Ohio's must inform policy is enough alone to score higher then pa.

But this just shows us that we are moving closer back to liberty!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back