took my daughter to the range today

gkeil961

I took my 11 year old daughter to the range today for the very first time, ahe begged me to teach her about shooting and is really interested in knowing the safety regarding firearms, she shot 3 rounds from my G26 and she did great, although i had my hand right over her to make sure she did not let the weapon drop when she fired it.... Her only complaint was that a casing came back and tapped her in the forehead, she did lie that too much.

She only fired 3 rounds but on the way out, she asked if she can come again sometime,..... She also sat there when we got home and watched me clean the weapon and she seemed interested in it......

Just wanted to share my first experience of my daughter shooting.

I think that's great!! Next time invite her! I think it's important that young girls have the same exposure as boys to firearms. I didn't start shooting until later in life but wish I had been introduced much earlier to the sport which I now really enjoy. In my opinion the knowledge of firearms and safety will give her great confidence in many areas going forward. Keep up the good work Dad!

My 13 year old daughter loves to shoot and made me buy her a .22 pistol(it didn't take much too convince me).She has shot all my rifles, shotguns, and pistols and loves it.I'm a proud dad.

Good on all of you. It is nice to have moms and dads passes their knowledge to the next generation. It was arse-about in my time -- my ego had already taken over me when I learned about guns.

I remember when I was 5 and my dad took me, what a great time it was! Now that I'm grown up when I have sons or daughters I will pass on my love and respect of guns and their meaning in this great country and be the same kind of dad,great story.

I think its important to get our kids shooting and safely. I cant wait to take my grandkids to the range. I have already bought them there 22's. Wife wife gave me crap because they are 3 years old and 7 months old. My grandfather taught me my first gun was a win 22 single shoot . I went hunting he gave me 5 rounds and i had better come back with 5 squirels. I owe him alot for his teaching, god bless him .

Get a P-22 Walther, and 3 or 4 extra mags, she will really have fun, no recoil, and you can shoot for a couple hrs, for pennys,

My daughter has been shootingfor a year. Started on pellet guns. She is 6 and can hanndle the p22 very well.Keep them on the range!

I have 2 young boys who also enjoy supervised shooting. Glad she likes it. As extra precaution, I only load 1 round at a time in case the gun is dropped, there is no other round to fire. I also help hold the gun.

My 6 yr old daughter has fired my dad's buckmark, and our pk380. I was right behind her, single round in the magazine, stepped her through from safety to fire, my hands over hers. I do need to get either p22 or sr22. she absolutely loved shooting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back