To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?

Was with someone this weekend who had the sentry auto safe and decided to pick one up myself. Here is the link for the cheapest one I found:

Sentry Safe Auto Safe, Shooting Supplies, Sentry at Sportsman's Guide

Sentry web site says retail is $89 and cheapest on ebay is $44 +shipping

I was worried about the cable , but the person who had it was retired NYPD and said not likely that the person breaking in would have bolt cutters for the cable. Convinced me!

Looks like a nice safe I may have to look into it. I just found the S&W quick draw safe it looks nice. But it would not work for what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a safe like it?

YouTube - Smith & Wesson QuickDraw Gun Safe

I just found that sentry auto safe on amazon.com for 29.97 all said and done it would be 38 dollars shipped.

This is the one I am getting today, I will cable lock it in my trunk, that way, out of sight, safe (pardon the pun). I'll let you know (if you want) how it works out.

Generally, I won't go to a place that doesn't allow guns, but sometime's it's necessary.

Link Removed

This is the one I am getting today, I will cable lock it in my trunk, that way, out of sight, safe (pardon the pun). I'll let you know (if you want) how it works out.

Generally, I won't go to a place that doesn't allow guns, but sometime's it's necessary.

Link Removed

yeah let me know. I looked at that one but the price and the size made me keep looking.

Got any photos of the inside? Do you think you can fit two small firearms in it(M&P40C and a Ruger SR9C)?

I'll try and take some pics of mine tonight with a few of mine in it. By the make of firearm you describe, yes they both should fit with ease..

I have my M&P45 w/ the new Insight X2 compact light attached, 3 boxes of .45 ammo, 1 M&P45 magazine and I still have enough room to get my hand in and get the gun easily.

I'll try and take some pics of mine tonight with a few of mine in it. By the make of firearm you describe, yes they both should fit with ease..

I have my M&P45 w/ the new Insight X2 compact light attached, 3 boxes of .45 ammo, 1 M&P45 magazine and I still have enough room to get my hand in and get the gun easily.

And here they are..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Lots of room.. M&P45, M&P40c, 2 boxes of ammo, and 1 spare magazine...

It's normally just the M&P45, the ammo and 1 mag...

And here they are..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Lots of room.. M&P45, M&P40c, 2 boxes of ammo, and 1 spare magazine...

It's normally just the M&P45, the ammo and 1 mag...

Outstanding! DROOLLLLLLL LOL. What about two firearms in holsters? From the room it looks like it would be no problem lol. Looks as if you could fit a mac10 in that thing and still have room.:biggrin:

Outstanding! DROOLLLLLLL LOL. What about two firearms in holsters? From the room it looks like it would be no problem lol. Looks as if you could fit a mac10 in that thing and still have room.:biggrin:

Yea, You'd have enough room depending on the holster type.

Check your local Wal-Mart and see if they carry the Winchester version like the one pictured. It looks like they are made by the same manufacturer. Save the shipping cost. Tax free NH yea...

Good luck..

When I bought my current SUV (used) it came with a safe under the front passenger seat which functions as my "gun safe." If the SUV hadn't come with one I would have had one installed. I take my handgun and put it into the safe whenever I go to a doctor's appointment, go to a store where I will be trying on clothes and leaving my old ones in a changing booth, or picking up someone at an airport. Moreover, whenever I drive through states where I am not authorized to carry and can not get authorization (New York for instance) I follow the FOPA requirements, and the "gun safe" functions as the locked container into which I can place my unloaded firearm for lawful transportation in conformity with federal law. Remember, my SUV does not have a trunk so I need the safe. I would never get another vehicle without one.

Yea, You'd have enough room depending on the holster type.

Check your local Wal-Mart and see if they carry the Winchester version like the one pictured. It looks like they are made by the same manufacturer. Save the shipping cost. Tax free NH yea...

Good luck..

They are sold out on line at WalMart.com. My local store has a unknown stock so I will have to call them tomorrow. Or hey maybe tonight seeing as how they are open 24/7 lol.

Okay, maybe I am just dense. If I have to dismantle to cross state lines I will do so, and put it in the trunk, separating the magazine from the gun, reluctantly I will. I cannot bear the thought of taking off my gun and locking it in a safe. I just can't do it. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.. where am I off base here? I am clearly out numbered.

Okay, maybe I am just dense. If I have to dismantle to cross state lines I will do so, and put it in the trunk, separating the magazine from the gun, reluctantly I will. I cannot bear the thought of taking off my gun and locking it in a safe. I just can't do it. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.. where am I off base here? I am clearly out numbered.

I have a safe in my vehicle (not the one in the picture) for the times when I have to take it off. When I take my son to his basketball games, I have to leave it in the truck. The building that houses the gym is also a municipal building (strike one). It houses a kindergarten school (strike two). The local police dept is located in the basement of the same building (strike three)...

If I have to pick up my son or daughter at school or just going to the post office.

My company does not allow carry in the building AT ALL. So all of these situations and places will require you to leave it in the vehicle.

I drive a truck and have no trunk, the console does not lock and the glove box will be the first place the _________<--(insert foul language here that pre-describes the lowlife scumbag who thinks my vehicle is a convenient place to shop) will tear into...

So the safe is needed. I feel the same when not carrying. It's kinda weird, feels like I forgot to put deodorant on...:sarcastic:

I have a safe in my vehicle (not the one in the picture) for the times when I have to take it off. When I take my son to his basketball games, I have to leave it in the truck. The building that houses the gym is also a municipal building (strike one). It houses a kindergarten school (strike two). The local police dept is located in the basement of the same building (strike three)...

If I have to pick up my son or daughter at school or just going to the post office.

My company does not allow carry in the building AT ALL. So all of these situations and places will require you to leave it in the vehicle.

I drive a truck and have no trunk, the console does not lock and the glove box will be the first place the _________<--(insert foul language here that pre-describes the lowlife scumbag who thinks my vehicle is a convenient place to shop) will tear into...

So the safe is needed. I feel the same when not carrying. It's kinda weird, feels like I forgot to put deodorant on...:sarcastic:

Being that I live in a gun friendly state I can carry any place I would like to. But I still can not carry in Federally protected(Free fire zones) as such I have to leave the firearm in the car. Most glove boxes can be popped open in under a minute.I don't feel safe leaving it unattended for eight hours. Sure the glove box would work just fine for a post office trip. I also can not carry at work so the firearm stays in the car till I'm off the clock. My vehicles don't have trunks or center consoles( Ford Expedition, Volkswagen Jetta wagon). So the safe will give me piece of mind when I'm at work. On top of that if I'm feeling crazy and want to drive through MA or some other third world country(CA,NY,NJ,CT etc..) the safe will meet their laws for transport.

you might want to check out the EZVault. here is a link. IT looks pretty cool, even has a remote control, glow in the dark combo, and key locks.
Link Removed

Semper Fi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back