To all NYS (Erie County) Pistol Permit Holders

Hi orange do you know anything about chautauqua county i have a home there but my permit is from my erie county home maybe i should transfer my licence to there either way i travel back and forth on a reg. basis thanks

Judges don't issue regulations. As soon as you said that Fowler said the Judge had issued a regulation I knew you were making it up.

Here's something else I bet you didn't know - all regulations issued in NYS have to be published in the New York State Register. You can search the register online at Link Removed

So go find Judge Boller's "regulation." It doesn't exist.

Maybe you did go see Fowler. And maybe he did tell you the Judge just issued a "regulation." But if he did say that then he was just playing you for a fool. He knows Judges can't issue regulations, and he knows if he ever told me such a thing I'd make him give me the citation to it, which he couldn't do because Judges can't issue regulations.

So maybe i was wrong, maybe your are not a liar, just a fool.

This whole discussion is ridiculous! The law says that the restrictions are administrative. You will not be prosecuted if you violate restrictions. If caught in the issuer's county, you may get your license pulled, but you will not be prosecuted.

Now you guys go take a nap and stop cluttering up the forum, PLEASE!

Hi orange do you know anything about chautauqua county i have a home there but my permit is from my erie county home maybe i should transfer my licence to there either way i travel back and forth on a reg. basis thanks

Sorry Jon, I didn't catch your post. I do know a guy in Chautauqua County with a NYS P.P. and he has always said that Cattaraugus & Chautauqua are pretty much the same with regard to their issuance of P.P.'s. I'm not positive, but I would imagine that you'd have to show proof of primary residence for wherever you want your permit. It's a shame for folks who have already obtained a NYS permit to have to go through these kind of shenanigans, but that's NYS for you.

BC1, What was quoted above was the penal law. That means that criminal charges would not be brought. The restrictions are administrative, so the permit may be revoked.
Any permit may be rvoked in any state at any time for cause. If the judge signs a CARRY permit he cannot revoke the permit for carrying. If the judge wants to violate 400.00 of the penal law then the consequences will be his with a judicial review board. He should issue a PREMISE permit if he doesn't want anyone to carry.

I live in Orange County and in my letter it said I could carry loaded and concealed to any activity listed which happens to be 95% of my time. What happens to me if I carry within my restrictions in Erie County? Not that I intend to go there but just wonder what would happen?
Panz... you're good to go anywhere outside of NYC. PL 400.00 states that a permit issued in any county shall be valid throughout the state excepting NYC.

New York never fails to entertain me! Who the f*&k Fowler think he is? hahahhahaha. Like one poster said, you won't be charged but they will yank your license faster than you can say Bloomberg for Governor. Listen guys, why even put up with this crap? Come on down to PA! I'll leave the lights on for you :)

Hi yes no bulls. T the older grayhaired blay man supervizer will fowler said to trophyhunter & myself that#1 this judge does not allow transport of loaded pistols to and from hunting/target. I am 100% disabled from two spinal fusions, and I originaly asked for cc for reasonable cause I realy wwas attacked with my 12yr before I had permit. ..I got the restrictions anyway. When I went to fowlers office to ask if I could get a ccw permit cause I want to visit my family in mckean county pennsylvania he said I don't need a cc to get a pa. Cc licence because my n.y.s permit is a carry conceled with restrictions. I'm a god fearing man I will not and choose not to lie. SO BELIEVE ME THIS TRUE.thanks,jon

New York never fails to entertain me! Who the f*&k Fowler think he is? hahahhahaha. Like one poster said, you won't be charged but they will yank your license faster than you can say Bloomberg for Governor. Listen guys, why even put up with this crap? Come on down to PA! I'll leave the lights on for you :)
Thanks but the only city that came close to our salaries is Philly. That's jumping from the frying pan to the fire. People think they understand NY. But here's the news... PA is not a "shall-issue" state... in fact there is no such thing as every shall-issue state has a legal provision to prohibit granting a permit based on a number of factors. In fact PA has repeatedly taken a persons permit over nothing short of heresay.

This isn't about Bloomberg. This is about a NY judge who doesn't understand he can't issue a carry permit with restrictions that don't allow carry. He can't just make up his own rules. NOGODS has explained it correctly. The judge must issue a premise permit if he doesn't want to allow carry.

You must understand that you're all one election from the same issue. The U.S. District Court handed down a ruling earlier this year stating that denial of a carry permit is not a violation of the second amendment because the term "bear arms" does not mean "carry arms." Sooooo, just hope you someday aren't controlled by democrats because they can remove your carry right with the stroke of a pen. In fact you're closer than you think as Pennsylvania was won by Democratic nominee Barack Obama by a 10.3% margin of victory. Overwhelmingly democrat leaning. This court decision is a federal thing, not a state thing.

Always remember that NY residents have restriction issues in a few counties, but not many. Once granted, permit holders move about unmolested in bars, cars, restuarants, churches, hospitals, banks, public transportation, etc. Only a school is prohibited by state law. There are no qualiication requirements (or training requirements under state law) and that permit is good for life.

Hi yes no bulls. T the older grayhaired blay man supervizer will fowler said to trophyhunter & myself that#1 this judge does not allow transport of loaded pistols to and from hunting/target. I am 100% disabled from two spinal fusions, and I originaly asked for cc for reasonable cause I realy wwas attacked with my 12yr before I had permit. ..I got the restrictions anyway. When I went to fowlers office to ask if I could get a ccw permit cause I want to visit my family in mckean county pennsylvania he said I don't need a cc to get a pa. Cc licence because my n.y.s permit is a carry conceled with restrictions. I'm a god fearing man I will not and choose not to lie. SO BELIEVE ME THIS TRUE.thanks,jon
Jon... through our permit services we find that the license will be restricted as soon as you request it for personal protection as this is not a valid reason for the issuance of the permit (this is according to the recent U.S. District Court decision **federal court** ). You have just told a judge that you intend to shoot someone who threatens you. Your right to personal protection is already granted under A35 of the NY Penal Law therefor a license for that purpose is irrelevent.

My wife has spinal fusions, artificial disks and titanium rods in her back and neck. Yet in most physical altercations I would bet my money on her. So you can see that this could be questionable in some cases. However, I'm not doubting your situation as spinal problems can be extremely limiting and debilitating.

A better approach is to list the reasons as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, target, competition and carrying sums of $$. Then request the permit be unrestricted to avoid any unintentional violations of the restrictions.

Can anyone who has a "restricted" permit supply an Order or other proclamation of Judge Boller with regard to the restrictions?

The Judge could claim that because he is the issuing officer, placing a restriction on your license is the equivalent of an Order from him.

But then comes the meaning of the restriction, and I doubt anyone with a restricted permit has any explanation of any sort on their license.

The form letter that comes with a permit, which comes from the county clerk rather than the judge, states only that "it is understood that your firearm will be carried ONLY FOR THE REASONS APPROVED BY THE COURT. To carry your firearm otherwise may result in the suspension and/or revocation of your license."

First, one would think that an "official" document would be authored by someone who passed a high school English course.

More importantly, it doesn't specify anything about carrying your weapon to and from your permitted activities.

If the Judge wants to impose such a restriction he would have to specify it in an Order or other equivalent disseminated proclamation. Telling Will Fowler about it isn't good enough.

I'm not saying the judge wouldn't revoke your pistol permit if he becomes aware you carried going to or fro target practice or hunting. But I think that the Appellate Division would probably reverse his decision on the basis of arbitrary and capricious or as a violation of due process.

jon@hmbgny:251381 said:
i told him i wanted to upgrade so i can get a pennsylvania licence, because for a non resident to be able to apply you need a ccw. he knocked me down and said no you dont but in fact i know you do so i'll just get the paper work stating that you need a ccw to get a pa. pistol licence.

It depends on which county you call in PA, Erie County, PA does not require you to have an unrestricted permit to get a non resident permit, when I called and asked they said "Nope, we're easy." However, when I called Centre County they said they do require a non restricted permit from your resident county

Correct me if I am wrong....But other than hunting and target, isn't EVERYTHING else pretty much self defense. Be it fishing, biking, hiking, whatever, even carrying money, it all reverts back to self defense. If you list money for instance...You are not protecting the money, you are protecting YOURSELF while carrying money, or collecting rent money...Am I wrong? This whole restriction thing is assanine!!!

I'd still like to hear why Judge Boller is letting Fowler make his decisions for him.
Of course the Judge does make the decisions. I was there at the SCI wild game dinner at the same table. Boller NEVER said Fowler makes the decision. The applications must be mailed to Fowler. A big difference. If anyone doubts this, just call Will.

Of course the Judge does make the decisions. I was there at the SCI wild game dinner at the same table. Boller NEVER said Fowler makes the decision. The applications must be mailed to Fowler. A big difference. If anyone doubts this, just call Will.

Ah...then this quote isn't true. Thanks for clearing that up:

i personally met mr. boller shook his hand and asked him why did you give me a restricted hunting target licences? he smiled and said well this isnt the time or place but i will tell you this first of all you have a carry licence that i allow people with this restriction to carry loaded to and from concealed your place of activity. 2nd i dont put restrictions on any permit, i just sign them. so if you want your restrictions lifted you need to contact will fowler!!

Should I expect notification from the county clerks office detailing these new restrictions the Judge says he has just decided to put in place? One would think that if there is a change in regulations a notice should be sent out to all permit holders so tha we stay within our restrictions! I would alse take from this thread that prior to his latest change in carry restrictions that it was within the restrictions to carry to and from. How is one to know he changed the rules without notice?.....This makes no sence to me!.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back