Tight Ammo Supply

I called the local wally world today as I do quite a few days a week.. to my surprise they had some .40 in.. the lady said 4 boxes. I got there as fast as I could.. maybe 10 minutes or so. when I got there only 2 were left. was hoping to buy all 4 but I'm happy to get anything I can now days. the people at the ammo counter know me pretty well by now. we were talking and the lady said they got in 30 boxes of 9mm.. and they were gone within the first hour.. some one bought 20.. another buy bought 8 and one more got the last 2 boxes.. 12 boxes of .40 which lasted a bit longer.. (me getting the last 2 boxes they had). she said they got in some .45 last sunday.. don't know how I missed that one I swear I called.. still waiting for the remington .22 lr 550 count.. and CCI minimags.

Las Vegas Bass Pro had islands of Remington 22LR last week. Do you have a Bass Pro close by? I have many thousands of rounds of 22 but I've been hunting for it. I shoot 1000 every Saturday or Sunday. It's getting harder to find stuff like CCI Velocitor but I've got several K rounds of that to get thru this shortage thing..

Bohemian, where do you guys go to shoot up there? I don't like ranges; to confined. There is a popular patch of desert heading out to Nelsons Landing south of Boulder City. Its 25 miles away but takes me exactly 25 minutes to get out there. The dirt road is paved with 2 inches of ancient shot shells and spent military brass. There's old boats and refrigerators out there with a cliff 400 yards behind them. Perfect redneck target range. LOL.

I had no problem buying ammo in Hawaii a few weeks ago, but when I left there I was limited by the airlines of only being able to take 11lbs of ammo in my checked bag on the airplane. When I got to Los Angeles and picked up my truck, I stopped and spent two nights in Vegas. I tried to buy ammo at a few places in Henderson with no luck whatsoever. My next stop is where I am now - Williams, Arizona. I found a gun store in Flagstaff while we were out shopping, and they had some ammo, but no 9mm. From the folks I've talked to along the way so far, it seems no one in this region can keep 9mm in stock.

I thought read something last week about some legislation somewhere that would make it illegal to transfer reloadedammo even between family members, in quantities of 50lbs or greater. Can anyone give me the rundown on that story?

Is there anywhere in the US where we can buy handgun ammo readily? I'm on my way east for a short stop in Ohio, and then on to settle in Virginia.

I had no problem buying ammo in Hawaii a few weeks ago, but when I left there I was limited by the airlines of only being able to take 11lbs of ammo in my checked bag on the airplane. When I got to Los Angeles and picked up my truck, I stopped and spent two nights in Vegas. I tried to buy ammo at a few places in Henderson with no luck whatsoever. My next stop is where I am now - Williams, Arizona. I found a gun store in Flagstaff while we were out shopping, and they had some ammo, but no 9mm. From the folks I've talked to along the way so far, it seems no one in this region can keep 9mm in stock.

I thought read something last week about some legislation somewhere that would make it illegal to transfer reloadedammo even between family members, in quantities of 50lbs or greater. Can anyone give me the rundown on that story?

Is there anywhere in the US where we can buy handgun ammo readily? I'm on my way east for a short stop in Ohio, and then on to settle in Virginia.

Link Removed

The Las Vegas Gun Show

Link Removed

Showing 9mm In Stock At Time Of Writing...
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

AuctionArms.com - Online Gun Auction

GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction

GunsAmerica - Connecting Gun Buyers to Gun Sellers Since 1997 - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

And I keep checking Wally World every fricking day...

managed to buy one box of .45acp in the last month...

Bohemian, where do you guys go to shoot up there? I don't like ranges; to confined. There is a popular patch of desert heading out to Nelsons Landing south of Boulder City. Its 25 miles away but takes me exactly 25 minutes to get out there. The dirt road is paved with 2 inches of ancient shot shells and spent military brass. There's old boats and refrigerators out there with a cliff 400 yards behind them. Perfect redneck target range. LOL.

Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club

Link Removed

Floyd Lamb Shooting Park
9200 Tule Springs Rd Las Vegas, NV 89131 - Google Maps

Where you can and Can Not Shoot In Clark County, Nevada
Link Removed

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/pages/Shooting_Park.aspx

found this related Nevada Outdoor Shooting Locations snippet at: Link Removed
I think some people stop short of where I go, but I take Las Vegas Bl south to here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...993&spn=0.008452,0.019312&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr (Use satellite view)

turn on the road going left, there's a sign that says "Southern Nevada Lightweight 8 Miles to Pit". Follow the road back till the pavement ends, and there's a great spot a little bit further, here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...451&spn=0.008455,0.019312&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

I think more people go to this spot, since it's closer:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...2657&spn=0.00845,0.019312&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

You'll occasionally find dirtbikers setting up from the spot I shoot at, and one of their trails runs right through the firing line. The road I take goes out to a gravel/sand pit, and you'll see the trucks going out there sometimes. They've never complained to me about shooting there.

My spot you can see Jean Lake (dry lakebed) from the road on the way out.

These look like GPS84 Coordinates, am I correct?
My place out towards Nelson Landing is legal BLM outside of Clarke County and is a plesant drive to get to. There are dirt bikes but their natural coarse of travel is behind the shooting. It is evident that people have been shooting there for decades.
I was told about the area you are going to. I might head out there just to take a look around. I'm in far south Henderson though.
I've been hearing about the shooting park. That might be a great place to find a varied bunch of other shooters.
After I posted this morning, I visited the re-vamped Shooters World on South Boulder Highway for the first time; today. That is a really nice place. I might give them a buck or two after it gets to hot to stand in the desert but as long as the weather holds out I'd much rather be outside than at a range.
What's the rules on Charleston? I hike up there every weekend in the summer but just got my CCW.
I have the maps but there are crude at best.
Thanks for all you posted efforts. That was some work.
Oh, that shooters world has 45 FMJ....Lawman I think; some American Eagle as well.

Can't find 9mm target rounds anywhere. The local Academy Sports outlets sell them as quick as they get them.

Found a 250 box of Speer Hollow Points in .357 Sig for $97 at my local gun shop. EXTREMELY good deal, considering a box of 50 FMJ runs anywhere from $23 to $35!

Also put a Kahr CW45 in layaway at the same store. Can't wait to shoot that baby!

I have found a pretty good stock where I live in SC...I talked to one of the owners of the local gun stores, and he said that he thinks things could be back to normal hopefully around September.....I hope this is true.....anybody else heard when things should get back to normal, or better than they are now?

Link Removed

The Las Vegas Gun Show

Link Removed

Showing 9mm In Stock At Time Of Writing...
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

AuctionArms.com - Online Gun Auction

GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction

GunsAmerica - Connecting Gun Buyers to Gun Sellers Since 1997 - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

And I keep checking Wally World every fricking day...

managed to buy one box of .45acp in the last month...

Cheaper than dirt? Yeah right. $30 for 50 box of 9mm. I lucked out at Wal-Mart last weekend and got 100 boxes of 45 for $30. That's more like it.

I placed orders with Bass Pro from a previous post on this thread. At the time it didn't indicate they were out of stock, just low inventory. Then I get e-mails it's backordered. That was almost 3 weeks ago.

This is more than a demand problem.

While I was out today, I dropped by a different Wal-Mart than I usually frequent and found both 9mm and .45 ACP on the shelves. Got the last box of 100-round Winchester .45 for $29.97 and picked up five boxes of Blazer 9mm for $8.97 each. Bargain.

I didn't get all the 9mm they had in stock. Unlike some other gun owners out there, I won't hoard.:no:

guys there is none to be had here close by in fbg and kerrville, all are out, and several calls to bass pro and academy in san antonio proved fruitless, something is up, seriously.

Went to my local Wally World here in cetral Virginia this morning looking for 38's. For the second time this week they had 9mm's in. Called my buddy who came down and bought 6 boxes (they set a limit per person). The salesman had told me he called the local LEO's to tell them to as they had no range ammo. Long story short they sold 18 cases in about 2 hours. And I picked up a box of 22LR!

As an aside, apparently there is a local gunshop who tries to buy it all but the guys know them well. They buy them at 19.97 a box and sell them for 28.97! And they are almost across the street.

Now I'm as big a capitalist as they come, but come on!

Gun Shops buying the ammo

Went to my local Wally World here in cetral Virginia this morning looking for 38's. For the second time this week they had 9mm's in. Called my buddy who came down and bought 6 boxes (they set a limit per person). The salesman had told me he called the local LEO's to tell them to as they had no range ammo. Long story short they sold 18 cases in about 2 hours. And I picked up a box of 22LR!

As an aside, apparently there is a local gunshop who tries to buy it all but the guys know them well. They buy them at 19.97 a box and sell them for 28.97! And they are almost across the street.

Now I'm as big a capitalist as they come, but come on!

We have the same problems here in the Low Country SC (Summerville/Ladson, Goose Creek, Moncks Corners, and North Charleston) where the employees of the bigger gun shop is wiping out most supplies in 4 Walmarts above, especially pistol ammo and he has a stock pile now. His marquis says "We have plenty of ammo!":angry:

Stopped by the local Ace hardware yesterday and some fellow was in the cussing. He had bought a gun a few weeks ago and hasn't been able to find any .45 long colt ammo for it yet. Said he hasn't fired it yet. I did notice that they had signs about a 5 box limit on all ammo and only boxes of 9mm per person. Other than the one the fellow was looking for they seem to have most other calibers but not a lot of choice and they weren't price gouging any more than normal. :no:

Ammo crawling back in Walmart

Went to Walmart last night and saw a case of 40 S&W and a couple 9mm but no bulk 22LR. Some of the hunting and other rifle ammo was in also but variety was limited. :pleasantry:

At my store, I think only one attendant can check out ammo since they had to call a specific person although there was someone else at the counter. They are limiting 6 boxes per customer per day and only allowing ammo purchases during specific hours. Personally I think it is a good thing to handle the local gun shops from monopolizing ammo and hoarders. I usually by personal defense rounds from local shops unless there was some great deal but buy bulk on the net.:yu:

I stopped by Bass Pro this morning. Not one single 22LR of any kind. I told the guy there a month ago that 22LR would be next.
No bulk or brick 22, no Stinger or Yellow Jacket. No CCI...nothing. 22 for cripes sakes. LOL
500 and 25 were the only handgun ammo too.

Funny. Speer Gold Dot 40 Cal has been in stock on Cabelas for several weeks now. I think its the only ammo the web site shows as being in stock. Sure am glad I got set up early.

finally found some remington .38 spl plinking ammo for my wifey's pink lady revolver at bass pro, so i picked up a couple of boxes, no .40, .380 or 9mm though, that sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back