The only real reason anyone carries concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to the guy in Texas who was just shot 9 times because he had a rock.....
Whatever happened to knowing how to fight? Our cops go straight for the gun, every damn time...
I'm beginning to think that these cops don't know how to fight..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell that to the guy in Texas who was just shot 9 times because he had a rock.....
Whatever happened to knowing how to fight? Our cops go straight for the gun, every damn time...
I'm glad we aren't hiring such idiots for cops. People get killed in fights. 687 homicides by hands, fists, feet etc. in 2013. 428 by blunt objects, which could certainly include rocks. Not only would a cop be risking his or her own safety by exposing himself to such danger, he/she would also be endangering the public, and should be fired.

So if a guy attacks you at an ATM or the gas pumps with a rock or brick, you are going to leave your gun holstered and 'fight' him?

I'm sorry that your life experiences with the police and government employees have been so bad. However, that doesn't mean all police and government employees are bad or that the ratio of bad-to-good is high. Your experience is not everyone's experience. Unfortunately, bad experiences get more coverage than boring daily doing the job they're supposed to do.

As bad as you believe law enforcement agents are, how civil and safe would our society be without any police or sheriff departments?

I didn't make a personal-experience post. I gave my broad-view perspective on policing and politicians in general. Even in the partial quote you replied to, you failed to address, and certainly failed to counter in any way, this: "You people use "law" to punish people and extort whatever wealth you can extract from "civilians" under threat of force for "crimes" that this country's Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves over."

I believe that to my core. If you're not going to reply to the crux of that part of my post, why even include the quote at all?

I'd be fine without cops. I haven't called one since like 1970-something after my home got burglarized, all my music equipment stolen, TVs, jewelry etc., and one gas credit card that either the thieves or the people they sold the credit card to used to buy new tires and rims for their POS hoopdie. Two people were on surveillance cameras, and the one that signed for the purchase used his own name rather than pretending to be the name on the card (me). I took the videotape and a copy of the signature to the cop-shop and the "detective" handling the burglary said there was nothing there he could use. Never called a cop since, and never will unless it's absolutely necessary for insurance purposes or because I had to shoot an intruder or some set of circumstances where it is unavoidable to involve the cops.

An armed society is a polite society. If people were allowed to deal with each other as adults responsible for their own disputes and resolutions, this country would be much more civil and safe than we are today having to count on safety being delivered by uncivil and brutal thugs who the Supreme Court ruled long ago have no duty to protect us anyway. I don't need cops in order to be civil and safe with other citizens. Do you?

Blues

I didn't make a personal-experience post. I gave my broad-view perspective on policing and politicians in general.
If it's not because of your personal experience, on what do you base this conclusion?

Even in the partial quote you replied to, you failed to address, and certainly failed to counter in any way, this: "You people use "law" to punish people and extort whatever wealth you can extract from "civilians" under threat of force for "crimes" that this country's Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves over."
Before I counter anything (if even I should), I need to gather the data. I don't know what your source is for these statements.

Who are "You people?" How do you know about this extortion?

I believe that to my core. If you're not going to reply to the crux of that part of my post, why even include the quote at all?
I would like to know why you believe that to your core. There must be a reason.

I'd be fine without cops. I haven't called one since like 1970-something after my home got burglarized, all my music equipment stolen, TVs, jewelry etc., and one gas credit card that either the thieves or the people they sold the credit card to used to buy new tires and rims for their POS hoopdie. Two people were on surveillance cameras, and the one that signed for the purchase used his own name rather than pretending to be the name on the card (me). I took the videotape and a copy of the signature to the cop-shop and the "detective" handling the burglary said there was nothing there he could use. Never called a cop since, and never will unless it's absolutely necessary for insurance purposes or because I had to shoot an intruder or some set of circumstances where it is unavoidable to involve the cops.
So you did have a bad experience.

An armed society is a polite society.
If those in the armed society are basically decent people in the first place. If a big number of those armed people in society are thugs or crazies, just being armed isn't enough to generate "politeness."

If people were allowed to deal with each other as adults responsible for their own disputes and resolutions, this country would be much more civil and safe than we are today having to count on safety being delivered by uncivil and brutal thugs who the Supreme Court ruled long ago have no duty to protect us anyway.
If, as you state, police forces are made up of uncivil and brutal thugs, wouldn't those individuals still be a part of that society that you would expect to be the adults responsible for their own disputes and resolutions? As long as man has free will there will be clashes. Our system isn't perfect but it beats anarchy.

Sadly, society is not made up of adults selflessly and calmly sitting around adjudicating their differences with each other. Each person would still want his or her rights, and those rights would clash with another's rights.

I don't need cops in order to be civil and safe with other citizens. Do you?
I behave in a civil manner with people without being forced. Probably most people do. But what about the ones who don't? There are still plenty of them around to cause a lot of serious harm if they're not restrained.

Was the guy actually hit nine times or did they just fire nine times? I haven't heard.

Was the guy actually hit nine times or did they just fire nine times? I haven't heard.

The video shows this fat cop screaming at the top of his lungs for this man to get down.
He doesn't so the cop shoots five times.
Man will not comply and charges towards fat cop who in turn, runs around like he's playing tag as he shoots another four rounds, over his shoulder as he runs.

Man complies.

He had a rock.

Cops (supposedly) get.....training...

In what? Running in circles so the clown can't hit you with a rock.....

In that case, his training is spot on...

It's a friggin ROCK! If you cannot defend yourself WITHOUT a gun, you shouldn't be carrying in the first place.

The video shows this fat cop screaming at the top of his lungs for this man to get down.
He doesn't so the cop shoots five times.
Man will not comply and charges towards fat cop who in turn, runs around like he's playing tag as he shoots another four rounds, over his shoulder as he runs.

Man complies.

He had a rock.

Cops (supposedly) get.....training...

In what? Running in circles so the clown can't hit you with a rock.....

In that case, his training is spot on...

It's a friggin ROCK! If you cannot defend yourself WITHOUT a gun, you shouldn't be carrying in the first place.

A fat cop shooting over his shoulder as he runs away.

I'm more worried about that than the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back