The New Ammunition That Has Gun Owners Drooling

opsspec1991

The New Ammunition That Has Gun Owners Drooling
By Chad Cunningham
They call it the R.I.P. round and with good reason. G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm and has gun owners all over the country trying to find where to pick some up.
As of now, the company is only releasing specifications for their 9mm round and they go a lil’ something like this:
* 16″ Penetration
* Up to 6″ diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2″ grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing
Video:

Capt. Frank started another thread on this ammo. It is title is "seen this?" Maybe you missed it.

It is amazing ammo. I would bet that it will be $pendy. Also a prosecutor who is looking to further his career would have a field day with anyone who used this ammo in defense of themselves and/or their family!

I emailed some fellow shooters about this ammo and they want to get some right away!!

I wouldn't mind having a few boxes on hand. I would not use it for home defense under current conditions... But, If SHTF several full mags and rounds to spare would feel good.

I wouldn't mind having a few boxes on hand. I would not use it for home defense under current conditions... But, If SHTF several full mags and rounds to spare would feel good.

I agree with you on that. But as someone on the other thread said, our "wonderful and caring" government will most likely buy them all up. Then they will use them against us!!

They have a link on their webpage where you can order on-line from a place in Arkansas. It's just an e-mail address though... I sent an e-mail asking for prices and availability.

I pointed out in the other thread that the fragments were coming out the sides of the ballistic gel. I wouldn't want to use this round for defense knowing that I could not control the direction all the fragments would travel. However, Kramer, I like your ideas during a SHTF situation.

Also, how many noticed they are not going to have 9mm rounds? They specifically mentioned, .380, .357, .40 and .45. <--- wrong.. .this is what's to come... they are making 9mm... I was tired while posting.

Last edited:
Capt. Frank started another thread on this ammo. It is title is "seen this?" Maybe you missed it.

Also a prosecutor who is looking to further his career would have a field day with anyone who used this ammo in defense of themselves and/or their family!

I can't understand why people keep repeating this fallacy.
can you point me towards one instance of a prosecutor successfully using the type of ammo used to gain a conviction of someone who shot someone in a "justified shooting"

I pointed out in the other thread that the fragments were coming out the sides of the ballistic gel. I wouldn't want to use this round for defense knowing that I could not control the direction all the fragments would travel. However, Kramer, I like your ideas during a SHTF situation.

Also, how many noticed they are not going to have 9mm rounds? They specifically mentioned, .380, .357, .40 and .45.

They are already making the 9mm rounds. The one they mentioned will be available later. Right now only 9mm.

First off, I can only see this ammo useful in situations where you don't care what you're collateral damage is, and I can't see that happening almost ever (outside of combat or a SHTF situation where you're firing into a group of enemy combatants with very low probability of friendly-fire, and even then, we train to do our best to know where our projectiles will impact). Second, this is just a highly-engineered, purposefully-designed fragmentation round with sharp trocars to create multiple wound cavities. Much like the comments on Liberty Defense ammo, it's a high-velocity, low-weight round which imparts most of its destructive power in the first several inches of penetration, but otherwise, only the base of the round continues on the original intended path deep into tissue, leaving a minimal cavity. Not ideal for defense situations, where most would agree that shot placement is paramount (vital organs, center of mass, CNS), penetration second, and expansion/wound cavity third. I can imagine this hitting an extremity, and while you may shred then heck out of it, the trocars are going to expand and launch out of the tissue and go every which way. Again, no control over the terminal impacts, and unlikely to incapacitate the target, although the limb may be rendered useless. Each projectile in and of itself would likely not carry the combined mass or velocity (aka kinetic energy) to overcome or be effective when encountering bone or other dense tissues).

As for the comments on not producing 9mm, the video explicitly stated that they used their 9mm round for the testing and filming, with the others to follow as future developments.

First off, I can only see this ammo useful in situations where you don't care what you're collateral damage is, and I can't see that happening almost ever (outside of combat or a SHTF situation where you're firing into a group of enemy combatants with very low probability of friendly-fire, and even then, we train to do our best to know where our projectiles will impact). There was a time many years ago where my formal Military Training was still a strong influence on my reactions. I often wondered how much of this training would help me, and how much would hurt me. In a SHTF situation trying to calculate every possible outcome could cost you your life. IMHO, if your loved ones are with you may the chips fall where they may. Second, this is just a highly-engineered, purposefully-designed fragmentation round with sharp trocars to create multiple wound cavities. Much like the comments on Liberty Defense ammo, it's a high-velocity, low-weight round which imparts most of its destructive power in the first several inches of penetration, but otherwise, only the base of the round continues on the original intended path deep into tissue, leaving a minimal cavity. Not ideal for defense situations, where most would agree that shot placement is paramount (vital organs, center of mass, CNS), penetration second, and expansion/wound cavity third. I can imagine this hitting an extremity, and while you may shred then heck out of it, the trocars are going to expand and launch out of the tissue and go every which way.If you hit an arm, inward on the body would be one positive direction the fragments can and will go. As long as they don't do a Uie I'm generally going to be OK with their direction. Again, no control over the terminal impacts, and unlikely to incapacitate the target, although the limb may be rendered useless. Each projectile in and of itself would likely not carry the combined mass or velocity (aka kinetic energy) to overcome or be effective when encountering bone or other dense tissues).

As for the comments on not producing 9mm, the video explicitly stated that they used their 9mm round for the testing and filming, with the others to follow as future developments.

As I said before, this is not going to be general self defense ammunition. This stuff needs to be loaded in their own specially marked magazines and held for just the right time.

Dunno... for the likely price of this stuff, if I'm not worrying about collateral damage, I have plenty of ball ammo for when the SHTF. It's probably a ton cheaper, too.

Also, how many noticed they are not going to have 9mm rounds? They specifically mentioned, .380, .357, .40 and .45.

if you watch and listen, they are using the 9mm round because that is what they have now. they will be making the other rounds soon.

They say "if you build a better mousetrap the world will beat a pathway to your door" (something like that). This is just someone's version of a better mousetrap.
~
I just don't know what is wrong with the old mousetraps (ammo), if you know where you are shooting and you have enough penetration to reach vital organs, just how much more do you need.
~
The better mousetrap isn't going to make you more defensively ready, nor will it provide you with any better protection. If will just give you something to talk about with your friends and shooting buddies. I looking for something to keep me alive and to my best knowledge that is going to be ME not some special ammo.
~
If you have ever spent time on a flight deck during operations, you know what it means to keep your head on a 360 degree swivel. This also applies to situational awareness and that doesn't cost me anything.
~
I think the premise is cool, but not something that is going to be a real world practical answer for self defense and to most if not all that is what it is about.

I can't understand why people keep repeating this fallacy.
can you point me towards one instance of a prosecutor successfully using the type of ammo used to gain a conviction of someone who shot someone in a "justified shooting"

So far they have not BUT that does not mean that they will not continue to try. The anti's have tried to ban JHP ammo in our carry guns. So far they have not but this ammo would give them the first step in banning carry ammo.

If anyone used this in a personal defense and some bystander was hit along with the BG being killed the lib-o-rat anti-gun prosecutor would have a field day. If you do not think this would happen then I do not believe you are seeing the world as most on this site see it.

I do have a question. Would you use this ammo in your daily carry weapon? And if so why?

This looks like 1 round that transforms itself into a 9mm FMJ and 9 .22 rounds obliterating the inside of a human body. I don't want to think of the bad guys getting a hold of a round like this.

They have a link on their webpage where you can order on-line from a place in Arkansas. It's just an e-mail address though... I sent an e-mail asking for prices and availability.

When you get the info, please post it here for everyone to see.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back