The Holy Grail for Benelli owners!!!

KimberPB

I picked up a benelli Supernova a few months back and love the shotgun. The only thing I REALLY miss, being a shorter guy, is the collapsible stock on my Mossberg. Well, after doing a little research ATF band the importation of the benelli collapsible stock or shotgun with them installed for anyone other than military and law enforcement. Now many made it into the US before the ban but getting your hands on one for the supernova looked next to impossible...... Well I found one and bought it the other day. I should have it tomorrow and it's going to make my supernova one mean looking zombie gun! Here is a pic of the stock. I'll get some more pics this weekend once I get it installed on the shotgun.

pix1479775890.jpg

Nice, K-PB!
Was your SN the Tactical model with the pistol grip and ghost ring sights, or will the pistol grip be a change on this gun, too?

Nice, K-PB!
Was your SN the Tactical model with the pistol grip and ghost ring sights, or will the pistol grip be a change on this gun, too?

Mine was the tactical model with the comfortech stock and ghost ring sights. So It'll be a pretty big difference. Here is what she look like before I install the new stock.

DSC02068.jpg

Having that "evil' pistol grip stock should make a great gun even better. Be careful though. Having that "evil" stock on it might cause it to rise up and take on a life of its own. After all is that not why they banned it?:sarcastic:

Having that "evil' pistol grip stock should make a great gun even better. Be careful though. Having that "evil" stock on it might cause it to rise up and take on a life of its own. After all is that not why they banned it?:sarcastic:

That still has me scratching my head. Benelli can not import collapsible stocks for their shotguns yet Mossberg and Remington come from the factory with them. Then you have about a dozen companies that make different styles of aftermarket stocks for them and it's all ok. :wacko:

Mine was the tactical model with the comfortech stock and ghost ring sights. So It'll be a pretty big difference. Here is what she look like before I install the new stock.

Mine is the same model with the factory pistol grip, need to get a tube extension.
Link Removed

That still has me scratching my head. Benelli can not import collapsible stocks for their shotguns yet Mossberg and Remington come from the factory with them. Then you have about a dozen companies that make different styles of aftermarket stocks for them and it's all ok. :wacko:

The key word is "IMPORT", if Benelli had a US plant, they could still sell collapsible stocks.

Ya wolfhunter yours is actaully the one I really wanted but someone offered to sell me the one I have for $300 I couldn't pass it up. I just got the new stock on and uploading some pics so standby.....

Ya wolfhunter yours is actaully the one I really wanted but someone offered to sell me the one I have for $300 I couldn't pass it up. I just got the new stock on and uploading some pics so standby.....

$300!?!?!? Awesome deal. I saw your new pics on the Zombie gun thread.

Not sure I'd call the Super Nova "The Holy Grail of Benelli" but if it floats your boat, have at it.

The M1 Super 90 and M4 Benelli are practically at the top of the HD. Military and LEO pick.

You still got a nice shotty for around $400 though. Have fun.

Not sure I'd call the Super Nova "The Holy Grail of Benelli" but if it floats your boat, have at it.

The M1 Super 90 and M4 Benelli are practically at the top of the HD. Military and LEO pick.

You still got a nice shotty for around $400 though. Have fun.

Ropeadope I'll have to agree. I'd love to have a M1 or M4 Benelli but I was talking more about finding a benelli collapsible stock for the Supernova. They are hard to come by and normally very expensive.

Here she is now:

HPIM0621.jpg

Love that stock !!!!

Nice shotty. I may have to do the same with mine, if I can find that grip and stock.

Love that stock !!!!

Nice shotty. I may have to do the same with mine, if I can find that grip and stock.

Ya I've only seen two for sell over the last year or so. The first one was on an auction for $700 but I just couldn't see spending that much money for it. The one I bought I found on gunbroker. The seller did mention that he had a few more he'd like to sell. So take a look on gunbroker or if you want let me know and I can send you his contact info.

For a Holy Grail, Grail how about a shorter stock for the M1 M2 and M4 ?????

Link Removed

Finally after all these years my M1 will fit me.

I bought the ATI Stoeger P350 Talon Adjustable Stock. With minor modification I was able to fit it on my Supernova. Although, ATI told me that it "will not fit it with any modification." IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

To start with,the Stoeger and Benelli are very similar in shape at the end of the reciever, with the biggest difference being the shape of the trigger guard. And that difference is not much at all. Listen, we all know that the "recoil spring rod" is a dummy rod, so you remove it from the reciever and your left with a hole about .300 deep in the reciever that is threaded. Now I emailed bennelli support and asked what size the thread was, but I recieved no response. After measuring and counting threads, it comes out to M21x1. So I made a threaded aluminum plug about .290 long with a threaded hole in the center to match the flathead bolt that is supplied with the ATI stock. bolt that is supplied is M12x1., not M8x1.25 as is stated in the installation instructions.Now the only other issue is the trigger guard. The pistol grip fits around the trigger guard, there's just not quite enough clearance depthwise. Break out the Dremel and clear it out a little deeper (if you do get this stock, as soon as you try to fit it you will see what I mean, IT'S NOT THAT COMPLICATATED. The mounting adapter sticks out a tad around the reciever, nothing a belt sander or dremel sanding drum can't alleviate. This adapter is what is called " hardcoated", but the hardcoat is not that thick. That being done, I taped off the reciever side and the stock side of the adapter and spayed it with Duplicoler spray bedliner to cover the areas where I sanded and also to make it more wear and chip resistant. Finally, I cut out a thin piece of rubber the same shape as the end of the reciever. this goes between the adapter and the reciever to increase the fit and maybe absorb a little recoil. THIS IS WHAT I DID, you dont HAVE to do it this way, once you see it you will see that there are other possibilities.

Stoeger P350 Talon T2 Six Position Adjustable Shotgun Stock with Scorpion Recoil System on a Benelli Supernova
Part #A.1.10.1421

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back