Terrorism and need for concealed carry

I took the family shopping in Firefighterchen's area today. Costco, Best Buy, clothes shopping and the Mall followed by dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Carried my 380 with an extra magazine. My wife had her LCR and a speedstrip for reloading. Didn't find any Muslims trying to behead anyone.

I took the family shopping in Firefighterchen's area today. Costco, Best Buy, clothes shopping and the Mall followed by dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Carried my 380 with an extra magazine. My wife had her LCR and a speedstrip for reloading. Didn't find any Muslims trying to behead anyone.

Muslims are afraid of this area because Pasco police have decided to just shoot at everyone they come into contact with....

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Heck we never go to Pasco unless it is to pick up parts. We also went to Barnes and Noble (skipped the Starbucks) and Hobby Lobby. We did not go to Target.

Heck we never go to Pasco unless it is to pick up parts. We also went to Barnes and Noble (skipped the Starbucks) and Hobby Lobby. We did not go to Target.

Fairchild theatre, Griggs, and Lowe's are worth going to in Pasco.

We have just launched an article on this very issue and used one of the quotes from a member here [with his permission]. Would love to know your thoughts.

Link Removed

We have just launched an article on this very issue and used one of the quotes from a member here [with his permission]. Would love to know your thoughts.

Link Removed

Why is there a section named, "should we carry concealed or open" and then go into the government underestimating ISIS?

As for your final question in the article, as stated before, there are far worse domestic threats to life and liberty, if one wasn't carrying before ISIS, why would they carry now? If they can't see the enemy that's standing in front of them, how are they going to see the one coming up from behind?

Sounds like you guys got this one: Terrorists are not going to be your problem. Statistically, that's like getting by lightning. Could happen, but unlikely.

On the other hand, your local police, some jumpy cop pulling you over, be careful.

In Michigan, we are preparing for the possibility of a terrorist attack. HUGE muslim population in Detroit, a smaller one in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is home to several Christian denominations, colleges and universities, and Christian book publishers - many of which end up in the middle east. Grand Rapids is also home to Art Prize, the world's largest art competition. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world come here to see it; the sidewalks and venues are shoulder to shoulder. I hope and pray it never happens, but there are too many available targets that would help them make the statement they want to make.

Thomas Jefferson said it best:

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Sounds like you guys got this one: Terrorists are not going to be your problem. Statistically, that's like getting by lightning. Could happen, but unlikely.

On the other hand, your local police, some jumpy cop pulling you over, be careful.
You must not live in Florida. Where we average 25 lightning strikes per sq mile per year.

Ah yes, sitting on the back porch in the 70's watching the daily storms roll in at 4:00 pm in central Fla. Then all of a sudden BAM.........It'd would scare the sheet out of me to get inside.
Even then I had a weapons at hand in my teens. Just the way I was raised.

Ah yes, sitting on the back porch in the 70's watching the daily storms roll in at 4:00 pm in central Fla. Then all of a sudden BAM.........It'd would scare the sheet out of me to get inside.
Even then I had a weapons at hand in my teens. Just the way I was raised.

Our area gets the storms in the morning and again at 3PM. Two of the three houses we've lived in there were hit by lightning more than once and we've had enough damage done that the insurance company had to have the electric, phone, and cable companies out to make sure everything was up to code. And I've been chased out of an office by ball lightning. I'd give about a 50-50 choice between a terrorist or the lightning as to which I'd rather have as I can defend against a terrorist but there isn't much you can do to defend against lightning that wants to get you.

My sister lost a house when she lived in Altamonte Springs years ago. Got out ok, but lost part of the upper story.

It's almost enough to get me to consider OC (which I do occasionally) instead of CC.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back