Tea party co-founder arrested for breaking no laws

weekendskp

This incident, although unfortunate for Mark Meckler, is a high profile case that hopefully will provide necessary antiseptic for anti-gun states like New York. Or perhaps, it's just wishful thinking.

Tea Party | Concealed Carry | Felony | The Daily Caller

Handgunlaw.us states that one should carry a copy of Title 18-part 1-chapter 44 926A of the Federal Code for ignorant officers, and if you stop overnight in a motel/hotel/campground, you are in violation of NY law and can be arrested if found with a firearm. Stopping for food or gas might be okay, but even that's not 100 percent guaranteed.

This incident, although unfortunate for Mark Meckler, is a high profile case that hopefully will provide necessary antiseptic for anti-gun states like New York. Or perhaps, it's just wishful thinking.

Tea Party | Concealed Carry | Felony | The Daily Caller

Handgunlaw.us states that one should carry a copy of Title 18-part 1-chapter 44 926A of the Federal Code for ignorant officers, and if you stop overnight in a motel/hotel/campground, you are in violation of NY law and can be arrested if found with a firearm. Stopping for food or gas might be okay, but even that's not 100 percent guaranteed.

He needs to sue for unlawful arrest/detention i.m.h.o. This is friggin ridiculous!
I wouldn't move to New York even if they paid me 7 Million Dollars after Taxation!
To Hell with their LibTarded Gun Prohibition Laws! Anti-2nd Amendment Bastards!!!

Maybe its just me but I would not bother bringing my gun to a state that does not honor my permit. Its just risking too much.

It is one example of many why no matter what FEDERAL law says New York will do what it wants. So do the crimminals. Sometimes the 'law enforcement' in New York and crimminals are one in the same. In my opinion this is one of those cases.

Once again, let me straighten this out. He was arrestred in NYC. This city has it's own gun laws and is exempt from NYS law. Anywhere else in the state he would not have been arrested. Never confuse the state laws with the city's laws. He is however ignorant in that he traveled without checking the laws. It is always prudent to contact the airline to obtain the procedure for checking a gun., regardless of where one is traveling.

Although ignorance of the law is not a defense the charges will probably be dropped as federal law exempts the arrest. NYC however continues to violate rights as part of the Bloomberg "zero-tolerance" policy. There was recently a poster on USA Carry who was arrested upon arrival at a NYC airport. He eventually walked away with a slap on the hand. This city is so bad that state residents are forbiiden to enter the city with a handgun even if they hold an unrestricted NYS permit.

Regarding NYC, those of us in upstate NY regard this city as a foreign country. Will the last American please bring the flag.

Once again, let me straighten this out. He was arrestred in NYC. This city has it's own gun laws and is exempt from NYS law. Anywhere else in the state he would not have been arrested. Never confuse the state laws with the city's laws. He is however ignorant in that he traveled without checking the laws. It is always prudent to contact the airline to obtain the procedure for checking a gun., regardless of where one is traveling.

Although ignorance of the law is not a defense the charges will probably be dropped as federal law exempts the arrest. NYC however continues to violate rights as part of the Bloomberg "zero-tolerance" policy. There was recently a poster on USA Carry who was arrested upon arrival at a NYC airport. He eventually walked away with a slap on the hand. This city is so bad that state residents are forbiiden to enter the city with a handgun even if they hold an unrestricted NYS permit.

Regarding NYC, those of us in upstate NY regard this city as a foreign country. Will the last American please bring the flag.

Could not have said it better myself. I fly with my .45 to Fla. all the time.
The only worry I have is some how being diverted to NYC Airports.
Shows the fallacy of the law.
One thing is for certain. The last place in the USA you want to be if the SHTF is in NYC.
The movie Escape from NY anyone? Art imitating Life.

Want to get a little paranoid. Just as easy to think that he has been "watched" and "targeted" by the gestapo that is now our federal pile of dung and king of dung himself.

"He told officers he arrived in New York last Sunday and that he carries the gun because he receives threats, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said."

Tea-Party Leader Arrested on Gun Charge - WSJ.com

I hate to say it folks but it looks like he effed up hard here. FOPA wouldn't cover him for an extended stay like this.

You beat me to it.

I'll bet the Transit authority is well trained on what qualifies under FOPA in order to avoid false arrest lawsuits.

Here is what his lawyer will tell him: if you had qualified under FOPA we would have a great lawsuit. But now there is a high risk of conviction of a felony if you don't take the plea to the violations.

Yup, he violated a law.

It's just a law that shouldn't exist.

And is more evidence why HR 822 needs to become law. If HR 822 had been law, he would have been fully legal.

Yup, he violated a law.

It's just a law that shouldn't exist.

And is more evidence why HR 822 needs to become law. If HR 822 had been law, he would have been fully legal.

Under HR 822 he would still be subject to the local law. HR 822 just states that the locals have to recognize your out of state permit under the same rules and regulations as their permit laws. As the NYC permit law is no permit, he is still guilty under HR 822. HR 822 does nothing to change the local laws as to permit issue.

Under HR 822 he would still be subject to the local law. HR 822 just states that the locals have to recognize your out of state permit under the same rules and regulations as their permit laws. As the NYC permit law is no permit, he is still guilty under HR 822. HR 822 does nothing to change the local laws as to permit issue.

NYC has a permit system in place...therefore HR 822 would allow a person to carry in NYC.

NYC has a permit system in place...therefore HR 822 would allow a person to carry in NYC.

My bad. With all of the talk on this forum about no handguns in NYC I was under the misconception that the city did not issue permits. A quick check of the law base shows that they do. I am researching further into HR822 though as NYC does not recognize NY state permits. I have to research how the wording of HR 822 impacts on this fact.

‘‘(b) The possession or carrying of a concealed hand5
gun in a State under this section shall be subject to the
6 same conditions and limitations, except as to eligibility to
7 possess or carry,
imposed by or under Federal or State
8 law or the law of a political subdivision of a State, that
9 apply to the possession or carrying of a concealed handgun
10 by residents of the State or political subdivision who are
11 licensed by the State or political subdivision to do so, or
12 not prohibited by the State from doing so." (HR 822)

It would appear that they would have to recognize any outside permit. Question is how do they not recognize NY state permit? If they are somehow permitted this by law, then they wouldn't haveto recognize another state's permit. I honestly don't know answer!

I guess we are down to city's rights now. Next we will be talking about city blocks having their own laws. Not only do we have to track the different laws in each state but in each city as well. This is beyond asinine.

I would bet that even if HR 822 is passes Blooming idiot will still arrest, intimidate and harrass law abiding people that carry handguns in NYC. He will still make them spend time in jail, get an attorney, and fight the case, spend thousands of dollars in fees. He is as close to a dictator as this country has ever seen. He is as bad as Obummer in every way.And I will also bet he will be on the ballot in 2016 with fellow anti 2A NJ idiot in charge, Christie

When will people learn that there are 50 states. That's right 50 of them. Each state has its own laws and each is for a whole different mind set. I am completely against making the 50 states fall in line for anything that is't already in the constitution. Let the commies have the East Coast, the fruit loops have the west coast, the people who live in the desert have the desert for whatever reason they choose to live in the desert. If you find yourself living in a state that isn't in line with your beliefs, move to a state that is and help it to grow and become strong. Someday each of us will find ourselves living in a collapsing union and the state we are in will determine our fate. Will you be part of an armed citizen army marching to the state borders to defend against invaders or will you find yourself in a re-education camp as a supreme leader moves to consolidate control? This guy went to New York City... why would ANY righteous gun owner ever go there willingly is beyond me. This guy screwed up. Yes he broke a law, a felony even. The poor guy will be punished and that is what he deserves for traveling to a non-free state (or city even). I live in the most liberal city in Kansas and the only gun law that the state didn't force them to repeal was the ban on open carry, which is the city's right under KS law. However all the other rules that the city has against guns is negated by my CCW and that is the way it should be.

jury nullification

nul·li·fi·ca·tion [nùll?fi káysh’n] noun
1.LAW invalidation of something: the act of NO NYC jury mid-morning coffee break
2.cancellation of something: promised jury coffee break then cancelled
3.LAW state’s rejection of a federal law: the refusal by a state government to allow application of a section of federal law

—nul·li·fi·ca·tion·ist, noun

So, don't pin your hopes with 12 of your liberal peers going to trial. It's a coffee break after all...

Once again, let me straighten this out. He was arrestred in NYC. This city has it's own gun laws and is exempt from NYS law. Anywhere else in the state he would not have been arrested. Never confuse the state laws with the city's laws.

This city is so bad that state residents are forbiiden to enter the city with a handgun even if they hold an unrestricted NYS permit.

Regarding NYC,.

1) Outside of the city, he would still be carrying a weapon without a NYS permit, and still be arrested. The rest of the state is more gun friendly, but you still can't carry without a NYS permit.

2) That "unrestricted" NYS permit still says right on it that it is isn't valid in NYC unless approved by the Police Commissioner.

As much as the law sucks, the guy broke the law. He carried in a state that doesn't recognize his permit. He carried in a city that doesn't even recognize its own state permits issued outside of the city. He carried at his own risk, he got caught, and he got arrested.

When will people learn that there are 50 states. That's right 50 of them. Each state has its own laws and each is for a whole different mind set. I am completely against making the 50 states fall in line for anything that is't already in the constitution. Let the commies have the East Coast, the fruit loops have the west coast, the people who live in the desert have the desert for whatever reason they choose to live in the desert. If you find yourself living in a state that isn't in line with your beliefs, move to a state that is and help it to grow and become strong. Someday each of us will find ourselves living in a collapsing union and the state we are in will determine our fate. Will you be part of an armed citizen army marching to the state borders to defend against invaders or will you find yourself in a re-education camp as a supreme leader moves to consolidate control? This guy went to New York City... why would ANY righteous gun owner ever go there willingly is beyond me. This guy screwed up. Yes he broke a law, a felony even. The poor guy will be punished and that is what he deserves for traveling to a non-free state (or city even). I live in the most liberal city in Kansas and the only gun law that the state didn't force them to repeal was the ban on open carry, which is the city's right under KS law. However all the other rules that the city has against guns is negated by my CCW and that is the way it should be.

When will you learn there are 50 states in one country? And as a citizen of the country you have rights, rights to move about the country as YOU see fit. And moving about the country does not mean you have to give up your rights to do so. You communist POS do you think in order to travel to Texas for instance Texas should be able to say you loose your freedom or speech before you cross the border?

"I am completely against making the 50 states fall in line for anything that is't already in the constitution" You do realize that the right to "KEEP and BEAR arms" is already in the constitution dont you?

Some people can not afford to move, cant move for family reasons, or have to stay where they are for there jobs. According to you they are lesser class of citizens and don't deserve rights because the communist politicians decide to make some stupid ass laws because for whatever reason they simply cannot move. Hell even visiting these places for family or business according to you loose all there rights. And this guy "deserves" a felony for it? In that case I would suggest YOU move to North Korea, you will fit right in.

So you are saying because you got your permit F**K everyone else? Everyone else is stupid for not living in your State and travel doesn't concern you because you never left your mommas basement let alone the State?

Well when you grow up you might get a job that requires you to travel. And if you do I'm sure you would change your tune if they charged YOU with a felony for exercising your rights. Or god forbid your State decides to change its gun regulations and not allow carry, what will you do if you cant beg mommy to move? But it doesnt concern you now so its ok. Not only are you a communist but you are also cowardice, its not worth it to fight it and ill just go along because it doesn't affect me. Its sheeple like you that we are in this mess today and the fact that you get to exercise your rights to carry on the backs of the same kind of people that you say deserve the injustices States dish upon them really pisses me off.

BTW I realize you are lost on the net, I will help you find your way.
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Home
Just click that link and you will be among equally stupid people that have absolutely no common sense, they are waiting to welcome you home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back