swordcane

whitetiger

Hey after I get a ccw permit could I carry a swordcane? I live in wisconson. I am a High School Fencing Coach. I would also carry a 1911. It would be very nice to carry a swordcane, light and fast to stop attacks that are not by a gun. I think that our new ccw bill will allow carring a knife concealed . I would love to see a Badguy pull a knife and I pull a sword and slice off something to stop the attack. I would of course not carry any weapon unless it was lawful and not use any weapon unless it's use was lawfull.

First question is what state are you in. A Concealed Weapons Permit or whatever your state calls it varies all over the place about what they consider a concealed weapon. For instance here in SC it only covers handguns less than 12" long whereas in other states it covers many different types of weapons. A swordcane may fall under many different laws so you will have to research it for your state to see. It may be considered a simple knife or may not. However I doubt that anyone on here can give you a blanket statement about the legalities of one. The laws covering it will also vary for individual cities and counties so do your research but it is a good choice of weapons. I have one that was given to me by my father over 40 years ago but I would not carry it around in public. It could cause too much hassle even if it is legal.

You would have to check the penal Codes (Law) in your City, Town or, Village .Where I live in New York it would be Illegal because of Blade Length. Even if you Posses a Concealed Weapons Permit. All Weapons must be Listed on your Permit and they wouldn't list a sword as a Concealed Weapon Best thing you could do is Check your States Laws and, your Local Town, City or Village Laws Pertaining to Concealed Weapons

In most states it would be illegal. Training in firearms CCW course does nothing to certify you in sword or knife use. The blade length is a problem in some states, and others specifically ban swords. I think you have watched to many Zorro movies with the cutting off the nose stuff. Death is not a game.

I would love to see a Badguy pull a knife and I pull a sword and slice off his nose. we would have aa body part to match and dna too.

I think your going to be very restricted on that in most states. But the part I would like to point out is your quote. It’s a very bad idea to post statements like that. Its not unheard of for lawyers to use statement posted on line to show you were “looking for a fight”.

Like Saltcreek said, this isn’t a game, and if you have to fight for your life you then have to fight for your lively hood.

Hey after I get a ccw permit could i carry a swordcane, I am a High School Fencing Coach. I would also carry a 1911, but it would be very nice to carry a swordcane, light and fast to stop attacks that are not by a gun. i read that a knife would be able to be carried concealed. I would love to see a Badguy pull a knife and I pull a sword and slice off his nose. we would have aa body part to match and dna too.

If you live in NH you could carry it. Just did away with legal blade lengths. If you can carry it you can have it, can also carry around Auto knifes. Only law I can find on it is RSA 159.19-a Criminal use of a sword cane/pistol cane.

159:19-a Criminal Use of Pistol Cane or Sword Cane. –
I. Any person who uses a pistol cane or sword cane on another person with intent to commit a crime punishable as a misdemeanor shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
II. Any person who uses a pistol cane or sword cane on another person with intent to commit a crime punishable as a felony shall be guilty of a class B felony.
III. Neither the whole nor any part of a sentence of imprisonment imposed for a violation of this section shall be served concurrently with any other term of imprisonment.

Michigan it would get you into trouble.... as has been said you need to check with your local regualtions.

As a former Iado practioner I can appreciate the idea of toating any sword around.

Iado is the Japanese art of the quick draw with a katana, with the idea that a draw and attack are one movement or at least a first strike. This types of attack is typicall very succesful. With you opponents "freed" part hitting the ground as you are returning your katana to its scabbord.

I got one of those "evile" giggles out of the whole idea.

-darknet

I have considered carrying a cane, but not a sword cane. The cane itself is a heck of a weapon in the hands of someone who can use it. But then, so is a 5' to 6' walking stick.

What about a pistol cane, LOL.

That give me an idea. I have an old 16ga single shot shotgun that I could easily take the stock and forearm off and install some kind of cane handle to use it as a walking cane. Heck I might even be able to find a bolt action rifle that would be even less noticeable to use. As far as I can tell without doing some research I think they both may be legal here in SC. :lol::neo::rap::unsure:

That give me an idea. I have an old 16ga single shot shotgun that I could easily take the stock and forearm off and install some kind of cane handle to use it as a walking cane. Heck I might even be able to find a bolt action rifle that would be even less noticeable to use. As far as I can tell without doing some research I think they both may be legal here in SC. :lol::neo::rap::unsure:

Kinda like this,

Would be sick to have a firearm built into your pocket knife.

Hi Saltcreek.
ok, so you know I am a highschool fencing coach, I was a national ranked fencer, I know how to use a sword very well.
A sword is better than pepperspray, or a club. I would also be carring a kimber 45, I walk with a cane now I have a slight limp from when I was in the Marines. So I have a cane anyway. If a incident came up to defend myself, I could decide what weapon to use. It is my life i can decide that the threat is manageable by a sword not a gun. I can use a sword and not kill unless I chose to. I can wound a person and be careful doing so I only inflict a small cut or stab. instead of a death wound. death is not a game, A police officer can carry a few weapons to do that, a pepperspray, billyclub, maybe a tazer, then a gun.
Escalating force is the legal term, You try to rob me with a knife, I pull my sword I promise you If I cut off your nose You are going to stop your attack or if you have a gun you will pull it and if I see you going for a gun I will too.
The thing is a sword is the best weapon for defence except for a gun or (bow if you have the distance like a woman at the top of a stairs and the badguy at the bottom.) Now having said that If I am not sure I can handle the attack with the sword I go for the gun, If I did not have a sword I would drop the cane and go for the gun. I would have that option. with the swordcane I have a club, with the sheath, a sword and the gun. I have seen a lot of sword movies, and I have fenced a lot of fights.
And I have a open mind and think about things before i dismiss them. Life is not a game if I can stop a attack by pain not death thats what I would like to do, pepperspray may not stop a knife, I saw a video on how to nullify a Tazer shot. and after spending 30 years of my life with a sword I would like to benefit from that skill for self defence. So I think you are condescending way too much, maybe from watching too much Nancy Grace.

Ok nothing like having a gun and a sword and have a brain that can choose to use the right weapon at the time.
to defend yourself by a small wound or killing a attacker with a gunshot. modern courtcases are made on old case law from the old days the court determined in England that a swordman could decide to use deadly force with a sword and be wrong cause he should have just wounded the attacker because he had the skill to do. so by that case law If i have that skill i should decide
to kill or not kill by the level of attack. there is no such case on guns It's is a killing weapon by the court.
so I would like to bring a sword and a gun to any incidence, some people bring pepperspray and a gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back