SWAT Team Deputy Killed Serving “No Knock” Warrant

I will reserve judgement, but anyone kicking my door in will be in a major war, dogs, heavy fire, get a warrant.

I will reserve judgement, but anyone kicking my door in will be in a major war, dogs, heavy fire, get a warrant.

I'm with you on this but they did, cough, cough have a Bull ***** warrant. What judge sings a warrant for a no knock felony raid for maybe some pot plants. This guy was not a wanted felon or on the FBI top ten list but suspected of having some pot plants. This does not justify a Waco style raid. My guess right now is that the police and the judge are going to be heavily scrutinized for this action. Going to see some serious CYA statements real soon.

I'm with you on this but they did, cough, cough have a Bull ***** warrant. What judge sings a warrant for a no knock felony raid for maybe some pot plants. This guy was not a wanted felon or on the FBI top ten list but suspected of having some pot plants. This does not justify a Waco style raid. My guess right now is that the police and the judge are going to be heavily scrutinized for this action. Going to see some serious CYA statements real soon.

When you call a government action a "war on drugs," sooner or later it's going to more-closely resemble a war on The People rather than the drugs, or poverty, or illiteracy, what have you. These tactics were not only foreseeable, they were inevitable. We are reaping what we, ourselves, have allowed to be sewn. Sad, but true.

Blues

Anytime a cop gets killed in texas by a suspected criminal, it does not end well. I do not advocate no knock raids as they usually violate the fourth amendment rights and place everyone involved in absolute danger.
Granted the guy did have pot plants, but the officer lost his life for a misdemeaner amount of drugs. A daylight raid with a properly served warrant may have been a much better option.
I believe that we will see much more no knock raids due to the militarization of the police and swat teams. The bigger problem is due dilligence. What if the warrant is issued for the wrong address, or the police go to a home not listed on the warrant?
Even better, what if the homeowner is swatted as a prank? I can see a real opportunity for the loss of life and liberty at the hands of unconstitutional activity by those sworn to protect us.

Is there a time and place for a no knock raid? Maybe if you are in downtown Fallujah going after a known terrorist, but in this case not so much.

Anytime a cop gets killed in texas by a suspected criminal, it does not end well. I do not advocate no knock raids as they usually violate the fourth amendment rights and place everyone involved in absolute danger.
Granted the guy did have pot plants, but the officer lost his life for a misdemeaner amount of drugs. A daylight raid with a properly served warrant may have been a much better option.
I believe that we will see much more no knock raids due to the militarization of the police and swat teams. The bigger problem is due dilligence. What if the warrant is issued for the wrong address, or the police go to a home not listed on the warrant?
Even better, what if the homeowner is swatted as a prank? I can see a real opportunity for the loss of life and liberty at the hands of unconstitutional activity by those sworn to protect us.

Is there a time and place for a no knock raid? Maybe if you are in downtown Fallujah going after a known terrorist, but in this case not so much.

Right on to the above; as I said in another thread, how did homeowner know it was the cops and not Joe Gang banger.

Cnon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back