Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality

I don't dislike gays....... I don't get the SCOTUS ?
maybe there is a silver lining
Link Removed

Believe me, I do not want to be in your bedroom. I don't care what you do in your bedroom as long as you keep it there and not try to impose deviant behavior on those of us who happen to disagree with you. I don't go out of my way to bother LGBT people neither do I associate with them knowingly. I feel that they are trying to push their immorality upon us while trying to destroy religion and there will be very serious encounters down the road. If the immoral life style is accepted by them, why should the rest of us sell our souls just to make them feel good? Sorry, it ain't going to happen. I'm sorry you have such an aversion to God and the Bible because there life and truth in them. Always remember, you will have made a conscious choice to reject God and the resulting consequences will be of your own choosing.

No one is trying to push immorality on you. Stop trying so hard to be a victim.

Sent from my E6782 using USA Carry mobile app

XD: I do know some and, as you said, some are very respectable. I had a doctor who was gay and I used to work with his partner but I didn't want to have a close association with them. I don't hate them for their sexual preference because they didn't flaunt it like a badge of honor. I can pass and repass with them but I don't want their life style pushed on me. That goes for the rest of that crowd. They are bringing problems on themselves by their conduct and "flaming" in exaggerated fashion. If they consider themselves superior to me,, that is fine. It isn't their approval I care to have. The "serious encounters" I foresee will be challenges within the government and society. Did you watch the video about Canada's experiences in this area? Says a lot about what is to come here but it will definitely come. As usual, we will not agree in any part of this matter but I am as staunch in my beliefs as you are so we will just agree to disagree!

Oh jeeze, OG, not this again, you don't have to give another guy a BJ because of this ruling, but you are free to if you want to of course :wink:

But in all seriousness, you still feel you have the right to deny them happiness and many legal rights that our laws grant to married couples? How effing arrogant of you.

No one is trying to push immorality on you. Stop trying so hard to be a victim.

Greg: There is a big difference here. If one is well founded in his religion or other belief system, they cannot be victims. I am not a victim but I do hate to see immorality pushed and sheer depravity honored. I can remember the days of a more honorable and believing system and country. Not to worry though, the Bible has foretold of this happening so we, who do believe, can see through the facade being put up and will continue to believe in the Lord. To each his own.

Link Removed

Interesting theory but I'm not buying it. I'm not saying Christians are the most persecuted but certainly not the least. I wouldn't know who I would rank as least historically as it seems most groups have had their share from time to time.

Sent from my XT1254 using USA Carry mobile app

XD: I agree that we (believers) are not victims nor, trying to be, as asserted by Greg. We have stated our opinions and we will hold fast to them, regardless of how our stance conflicts with those of a more liberal bent. We do have our religion which contradicts everything being pushed by the LGBT community and those who do support them. When it comes down to who we are going to follow, God, or the unbelieving world, God wins out every time. Why would we want to sacrifice our future life with God for maybe a couple of years here on earth to abide with evil? And then, what we consider to be the consequences? Sorry, but we live by faith in an everlasting God and His promises. If you and others don't believe, that is fine with us. Your choice but, in the meantime, we, as well as they, will continue to press for what we consider to be our rights and refuse to allow our religion to be suppressed. The peeing and moaning back and forth is really not very productive for either side but only engenders more friction. Every time someone says something about religion, there are those who feel compelled to make derogatory statements against it which then, in return, results in counter-statements. Vicious circle which none of us are able to, or seem to want to, quit. I can if y'all can.

XD: I agree that we (believers) are not victims nor, trying to be, as asserted by Greg. We have stated our opinions and we will hold fast to them, regardless of how our stance conflicts with those of a more liberal bent. We do have our religion which contradicts everything being pushed by the LGBT community and those who do support them. When it comes down to who we are going to follow, God, or the unbelieving world, God wins out every time. Why would we want to sacrifice our future life with God for maybe a couple of years here on earth to abide with evil? And then, what we consider to be the consequences? Sorry, but we live by faith in an everlasting God and His promises. If you and others don't believe, that is fine with us. Your choice but, in the meantime, we, as well as they, will continue to press for what we consider to be our rights and refuse to allow our religion to be suppressed. The peeing and moaning back and forth is really not very productive for either side but only engenders more friction. Every time someone says something about religion, there are those who feel compelled to make derogatory statements against it which then, in return, results in counter-statements. Vicious circle which none of us are able to, or seem to want to, quit. I can if y'all can.

Then explain why the world is in such a effing mess; war, crimes, genocides, starvation, not to mention the hated in your gods name, but I think I covered that under wars.

Oh that's right he will win at sometime in the future, <puts on worried face> something christians have been saying for centuries, <yawn> and yet, he is a big NO SHOW.

Just more Pascal's Wager nonsense, trying to sell irrational fear when you have nothing else in your quiver but fear of what might happen in the future.

Nor are you fine with it, or you would not have posted the first response. But the moment you propose Pascal's Wager is the moment you've conceded the argument, and played the fear card, as irrational as it is.

God wins out every time. .

The one true God does, but not the false Satan created god you mistakenly beleive in. You made a bad choice of gods and you are toast in the afterlife unless you make a correction before your judgment day.

Interesting theory but I'm not buying it. I'm not saying Christians are the most persecuted but certainly not the least. I wouldn't know who I would rank as least historically as it seems most groups have had their share from time to time.

Ignore the argument of which group is the most or least persecuted, but one could say that LGBT are more persecuted than christians, and now christians have their panties in a wad because the LGBT were just granted rights the other 90% of the population already had.

Then explain why the world is in such a effing mess; war, crimes, genocides, starvation, not to mention the hated in your gods name, but I think I covered that under wars.

Oh that's right he will win at sometime in the future, <puts on worried face> something christians have been saying for centuries, <yawn> and yet, he is a big NO SHOW.

Just more Pascal's Wager nonsense, trying to sell irrational fear when you have nothing else in your quiver but fear of what might happen in the future.

Nor are you fine with it, or you would not have posted the first response. But the moment you propose Pascal's Wager is the moment you've conceded the argument, and played the fear card, as irrational as it is.

Well, for one thing, it could be because we do have free will to do anything we want. God has given us that free will and, at the same time, has given us the Bible to guide us. He has left the choice up to us. Not everybody follows him, consequently, everything in the world is, as in your words, "in such an effing mess." I have read that there are approximately 3,700 "gods" worshipped all over the world. It is then possible to go "grocery shopping" for the religion(s) of your choice. While "shopping" I would suggest you read the Holy Book of the religion and see if it can compare to our Bible which is historically accurate, prophetic and close to the fulfillment of it's promises. (nogods keeps referencing "the one true God." I would be interested in hearing who he considers to be the one true god. Something really definitive on who he is referring to.) If one isn't satisfied with that, there is always some endeavors that will take one's mind off the subject of religion and the hereafter.

You keep making reference to Pascal" Wager, which suffers from bifurcation and only leaves one with two options. There are four alternative options: Our Christian God and the afterlife, any of the other 3,700 gods and an afterlife, atheism without an afterlife and atheism with an afterlife. Wouldn't this make Pascal's Wager invalid as you keep using it? Do, or will, atheists gain from an afterlife? Or, will they simply cease to exist? Or go to another dimension or be a ghost?

As I said before, we are all peeing in the wind and, rather than giving valid arguments that can be agreed upon, we are constantly taunting each other. Guess it is time to let the issue go. Regardless of one's thoughts on the matter, I think the question will be resolved for us in the near future. That is why I keep looking up: "Therefore be ye also ready, for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of Man cometh." Matt. 24:44.

You keep making reference to Pascal" Wager, which suffers from bifurcation and only leaves one with two options. There are four alternative options: Our Christian God and the afterlife, any of the other 3,700 gods and an afterlife, atheism without an afterlife and atheism with an afterlife. Wouldn't this make Pascal's Wager invalid as you keep using it? Do, or will, atheists gain from an afterlife? Or, will they simply cease to exist? Or go to another dimension or be a ghost?

Pascal's Wager; A common ploy of christians is "you better believe.... or else", wheither it be threats of standing before a non-existant god, lakes of fire, burning in hell, or as you insinuated earlier. "God wins out every time. Why would we want to sacrifice our future life with God for maybe a couple of years here on earth to abide with evil? And then, what we consider to be the consequences?"

But if god wins, that is merely a more palatable way of saying ignorance wins, except to those of us that recognize it is only ignorance at work, and it is the worst kind of ignorance, willful ignorance.

Supreme's marriage decision creates dire prophetic situation - Bill Wilson -

Supreme’s marriage decision creates dire prophetic situation

The Supreme Court has trampled your freedom of speech and of religion with its arrogant invention of a new right by twisting the due process provision of the 14th Amendment. In the majority opinion, the Court warns that if you disagree, you will be vilified, something not lost on Justice Alito, who wrote in dissent: “I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools.” Jesus said in Matthew 10:22, “And you shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.“ The hate is about to be revealed to American Christians.

Justice Robert’s dissent concurs: “Hard questions arise when people of faith exercise religion in ways that may be seen to conflict with the new right to same-sex marriage—when, for example, a religious college provides married student housing only to opposite-sex married couples, or a religious adoption agency declines to place children with same-sex married couples. Indeed, the Solicitor General candidly acknowledged that the tax exemptions of some religious institutions would be in question if they opposed same-sex marriage...There is little doubt that these and similar questions will soon be before this Court. Unfortunately, people of faith can take no comfort in the treatment they receive from the majority today.”

Justice Thomas agrees: “Aside from undermining the political processes that protect our liberty, the majority’s decision threatens the religious liberty our Nation has long sought to protect...In our society, marriage is not simply a governmental institution; it is a religious institution as well. Today’s decision might change the former, but it cannot change the latter. It appears all but inevitable that the two will come into conflict, particularly as individuals and churches are confronted with demands to participate in and endorse civil marriages between same-sex couples...the majority’s decision short-circuits that process, with potentially ruinous consequences for religious liberty.”

Christians who stand firm on the Word of God are about to enter a period of history where they will be demonized in this country. Moreover, bad things are likely to start happening all around us. It is important to not respond with emotion or anger as people will be seeking answers. We know those answers are found in Christ alone. Jesus’ words to the Disciples in Matthew 10 can serve as a guide. He said in verse 16, “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” He said not to fear those who could kill the body, but not the soul. He said to confess Him before men and He will confess you before the Father. Be wise. Be strong. Be courageous. Stand fast on the Liberty by which Christ has set you free. No man can take that freedom from you, even in man’s great oppression.

Pascal's Wager; A common ploy of christians is "you better believe.... or else", wheither it be threats of standing before a non-existant god, lakes of fire, burning in hell, or as you insinuated earlier. "God wins out every time. Why would we want to sacrifice our future life with God for maybe a couple of years here on earth to abide with evil? And then, what we consider to be the consequences?"

But if god wins, that is merely a more palatable way of saying ignorance wins, except to those of us that recognize it is only ignorance at work, and it is the worst kind of ignorance, willful ignorance.

Willful ignorance? Okay, I'll take that classification but, rather than be offended by it, I feel that the derision towards Christians is ample proof that we are on the right track. The only arguments you have against God are, (1) that He never existed, (2) the Bible is not the inspired word of God but of men and full of myths, (3) Hell is a fictional place used as a threat to keep Christians in line, etc., etc. All well and good. What proof can you offer, other than your own personal opinion, that He does not exist and that we are all following after fairy tales? Science? Science has proven that the "myths" have validity and can not be used to deny God. Scientists have validated the events of the Bible, historical records have proven the existence of Jesus Christ and of his crucifixion, and prophecies of the Bible have been, and are continually being, proved which even further validates that "dusty old book of myths." Science, that supposed answer to all things, is not, nor will it ever be, able to invalidate our religion. Not saying this as a threat but, eventually we will all know the answers and will either be with God, in Hell, in another dimension, or lonely ghosts floating around in the miasma of space. But, supposing God does "win"? Will you then consider Him to be willfully ignorant of His own being? That would be hubris to the nth degree. Just sayin'.........

Link Removed

It's not an argument against god, for first you have to prove there is a god for the conversation to happen in the first place. God exists only in the minds of those that "think" he is real, but no where else, for the simple fact there is zero evidence god exists outside of the mind of the willfully delusional.

Like any proof, repeat the proof and validate the proof, of you have exactly what you have, nothing.

And that is exactly what Pascal's Wager a surrender from the arguement and acknowledgement you have no proof, but the attempt to 'scare' others into believing, which sadly works far too often, but not with me.

Supreme’s marriage decision creates dire prophetic situation

The Supreme Court has trampled your freedom of speech and of religion with its arrogant invention of a new right by twisting the due process provision of the 14th Amendment. In the majority opinion, the Court warns that if you disagree, you will be vilified, something not lost on Justice Alito, who wrote in dissent: “I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools.” Jesus said in Matthew 10:22, “And you shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.“ The hate is about to be revealed to American Christians.

Justice Robert’s dissent concurs: “Hard questions arise when people of faith exercise religion in ways that may be seen to conflict with the new right to same-sex marriage—when, for example, a religious college provides married student housing only to opposite-sex married couples, or a religious adoption agency declines to place children with same-sex married couples. Indeed, the Solicitor General candidly acknowledged that the tax exemptions of some religious institutions would be in question if they opposed same-sex marriage...There is little doubt that these and similar questions will soon be before this Court. Unfortunately, people of faith can take no comfort in the treatment they receive from the majority today.”

Justice Thomas agrees: “Aside from undermining the political processes that protect our liberty, the majority’s decision threatens the religious liberty our Nation has long sought to protect...In our society, marriage is not simply a governmental institution; it is a religious institution as well. Today’s decision might change the former, but it cannot change the latter. It appears all but inevitable that the two will come into conflict, particularly as individuals and churches are confronted with demands to participate in and endorse civil marriages between same-sex couples...the majority’s decision short-circuits that process, with potentially ruinous consequences for religious liberty.”

Christians who stand firm on the Word of God are about to enter a period of history where they will be demonized in this country. Moreover, bad things are likely to start happening all around us. It is important to not respond with emotion or anger as people will be seeking answers. We know those answers are found in Christ alone. Jesus’ words to the Disciples in Matthew 10 can serve as a guide. He said in verse 16, “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” He said not to fear those who could kill the body, but not the soul. He said to confess Him before men and He will confess you before the Father. Be wise. Be strong. Be courageous. Stand fast on the Liberty by which Christ has set you free. No man can take that freedom from you, even in man’s great oppression.

In what way are your freedoms being trampled by this ruling?

Ignore the argument of which group is the most or least persecuted, but one could say that LGBT are more persecuted than christians, and now christians have their panties in a wad because the LGBT were just granted rights the other 90% of the population already had.

I think you should just forget this argument altogether. you would have a hard time proving which group would is more or less persecuted than the other given the relatively few LGBT people versus the vast majority who claim to be christian. the two populations can hardly be compared on the basis of persecution. When I think of persecuted groups I think in larger scales: jews, Christians, muslims, women, immigrants, blacks, whites and any other color, etc in no particular order whatsoever. I would claim no one in current day America is persecuted more than they allow themselves to be. Maybe I have a different definition of "persecuted."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back