Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality

Who are you to dictate to others what contract they may or at not enter into in a free country? In a free country that decision would be up to them, not you.

The government required contact in itself opposes freedom...they can voluntarily write themselves into sex slavery if they want...what does that have to do with a government required contract?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

The government required contact in itself opposes freedom...they can voluntarily write themselves into sex slavery if they want...what does that have to do with a government required contract?

It's got nothing to do with a government required contract, neither did my post, and neither did the post I was responding to. Why do you ask?

Sent from my E6782 using USA Carry mobile app

It's got nothing to do with a government required contract, neither did my post, and neither did the post I was responding to. Why do you ask?

Yes, it did. How do you not see that?

Yes, it did. How do you not see that?

No, it didn't. It only mentioned legal contracts, it didn't not specify state mandated legal contracts. If you were trying to talk about only state mandated contracts you should have mentioned only state mandated contracts.

Go back and read the post if you don't believe me.

No, it didn't. It only mentioned legal contracts, it didn't not specify state mandated legal contracts. If you were trying to talk about only state mandated contracts you should have mentioned only state mandated contracts.

Go back and read the post if you don't believe me.

If you don't have the critical thinking to put together, again whatever you want to name it, legal contracts with the subject of the thread being marriage contracts, in relation to free countries, then I won't waste my time on you anymore.

If you don't have the critical thinking to put together, again whatever you want to name it, legal contracts with the subject of the thread being marriage contracts, in relation to free countries, then I won't waste my time on you anymore.

We've been talking about a number of different types of contracts, not just state mandated contracts. Try paying attention.

If You Are a Heterosexual and Do NOT Want to Enter into a Homosexual Marriage: You will not be required to marry a gay person. This is a common misunderstanding. This decision actually does not affect you in any way.

If You Are Currently in a Heterosexual Marriage:
This decision does not affect you in any way.

If You Are a Heterosexual Who Is Not Currently Married:

If You Are a Heterosexual Who Hopes to Eventually Marry:

If You Are a Member of a Church That Performs Wedding Ceremonies but That Does Not Believe in Gay Marriage:

If You Are a Religious Official Who Performs Wedding Ceremonies but Who Thinks Gay Marriage Is Wrong:

If You Are an Individual Who Believes Gay Marriage or Homosexuality in General Is Wrong for Religious Reasons, and Wish to Continue Expressing Those Beliefs:

If You Are an Individual Who Believes Gay Marriage or Homosexuality in General Is Wrong for Non-Religious Reasons, and Wish to Continue Expressing Those Beliefs:

If You Are a Heterosexual Who Fears This Decision Adversely Affects Your Marriage or the Concept of Marriage in General:

If You Are a Heterosexual Who Fears This Decision Negatively Affects You in Some Way:

If You Are a Heterosexual Who Suffers Anger or Anxiety at the Thought of Gay Couples Getting Married as an Abstract Concept, and Believes the Only Cure Is to Legally Prevent Gay Marriage:
This decision will cause you some degree of anger or anxiety. Otherwise, this decision does not affect you in any way.

On the surface, you are correct in the effect the SCOTUS ruling will not (or should not) have on us. But, if one would look a little deeper into your theses, you will find that they do indeed have an effect on all of us. This is not a benign ruling that is merely a play on terminology. There are hidden problems that have yet to surface and, when they do, they will be detrimental, to not only Christians who oppose the ruling but, to all of the country.

Your assertion that belonging to a church that conducts same-sex marriages does not have an effect on me is preposterous. I am a Christian and accept what the Bible has to say about homosexuality. I do not condone it and to have it happen in my church causes a lot of stress on all believers. Also, I would not belong to that church that would not stand up for God's words.

In today's society, a church official who refuses to conduct same-sex marriages will run afoul of the law and can be prosecuted possibly for a hate crime. Yes, that does have an effect on me and to the entire congregation. We don't want that to happen in our church and do not feel that the minister should be compelled to perform a ceremony which is against his religion. Our feelings, however, will be subverted to those of a depraved part of society.

One can not express their true feelings about homosexuals without, again, running afoul of the law for "hate speech." As long as I do not overtly cause harm to the LGBT community, I will think and say what I feel. I won't lie just to assuage the feelings of those people. There is another effect it will have for me and others of my ilk.

Instead of demanding the term "marriage," a simpler terminology for their union would have been more palatable to the general populace and not lowered the meaning of a religious, heterosexual ceremony. This ruling flies in the face of accepted customs of thousands of years and, to me, is indicative of the truths of the Bible concerning falling away in the last days. Yes, it has an effect on me.

This ruling has already opened the door to have an effect on our government in the form of taxation exemptions for these "married" people, which reduces the government coffers, Social Security can be effected, rights to survivorship laws and a myriad of other legal entanglements can and will be effected and for which little forethought has been made.

Yes, contrary to your assertions, this ruling does have an effect on us all and I fear that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGf_yOlai8

As luck would have it, I found this video shortly after my above comment. The Canadians, bless their little misguided hearts, went down the rabbit hole ten years ago authorizing same-sex marriages. Their ruling did stir up a lot of problems for the government and for which I foresee happening to us. Just a little food for thought.

I think y'all are missing the bigger picture here.
The Supreme Court has blatantly overstepped its authority in providing a decision in a case it has no authority on.
This is a morals issue, not a legal issue.

I think y'all are missing the bigger picture here.
The Supreme Court has blatantly overstepped its authority in providing a decision in a case it has no authority on.
This is a morals issue, not a legal issue.

The point hasn't been missed. What do you propose to rectify the situation? And, if you had a solution, do you think it would ever be implemented?

We've been talking about a number of different types of contracts, not just state mandated contracts. Try paying attention.

Yeah...not worth my time.

Maybe those that are so tolerant of Gay Marriage will now extend that same courtesy to Christians and other religions. When they want to put a nativity or other religious symbol on Government property, who does it hurt? Tolerance should be a two way street.

Maybe those that are so tolerant of Gay Marriage will now extend that same courtesy to Christians and other religions. When they want to put a nativity or other religious symbol on Government property, who does it hurt? Tolerance should be a two way street.

So insecure about the validity of your belief that you need to use government property to try to validate it?

It is too probable that no plan we propose will be adopted. Perhaps another dreadful conflict is to be sustained. If, to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and the honest can repair. The event is in the hand of God.

George Washington

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

So why didn't George apply to to all humans?

At the time of George Washington’s death, the Mount Vernon estate’s enslaved population consisted of 318 people. Wait - George didn't really consider them to be people did he?

On the surface, you are correct in the effect the SCOTUS ruling will not (or should not) have on us. But, if one would look a little deeper into your theses, you will find that they do indeed have an effect on all of us. This is not a benign ruling that is merely a play on terminology. There are hidden problems that have yet to surface and, when they do, they will be detrimental, to not only Christians who oppose the ruling but, to all of the country.

Your assertion that belonging to a church that conducts same-sex marriages does not have an effect on me is preposterous. I am a Christian and accept what the Bible has to say about homosexuality. I do not condone it and to have it happen in my church causes a lot of stress on all believers. Also, I would not belong to that church that would not stand up for God's words.

In today's society, a church official who refuses to conduct same-sex marriages will run afoul of the law and can be prosecuted possibly for a hate crime. Yes, that does have an effect on me and to the entire congregation. We don't want that to happen in our church and do not feel that the minister should be compelled to perform a ceremony which is against his religion. Our feelings, however, will be subverted to those of a depraved part of society.

One can not express their true feelings about homosexuals without, again, running afoul of the law for "hate speech." As long as I do not overtly cause harm to the LGBT community, I will think and say what I feel. I won't lie just to assuage the feelings of those people. There is another effect it will have for me and others of my ilk.

Instead of demanding the term "marriage," a simpler terminology for their union would have been more palatable to the general populace and not lowered the meaning of a religious, heterosexual ceremony. This ruling flies in the face of accepted customs of thousands of years and, to me, is indicative of the truths of the Bible concerning falling away in the last days. Yes, it has an effect on me.

This ruling has already opened the door to have an effect on our government in the form of taxation exemptions for these "married" people, which reduces the government coffers, Social Security can be effected, rights to survivorship laws and a myriad of other legal entanglements can and will be effected and for which little forethought has been made.

Yes, contrary to your assertions, this ruling does have an effect on us all and I fear that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

The same irrational arguments and reasoning were probably spewed by people filled with hate toward others because they are different, and for the same reason, ignorance and hate derived from the bible in 1967 when SCOTUS ruled that states could no longer ban interracial marriages, which was against the law across every state in the so called Buy Bull Belt.

Or the 1965 SCOTUS ruling that states could not ban married heterosexual couples from using birth control.

Long story short, take your damn bible and ignorance found in it, and the laws based on them and get the the phque out of my bedroom, and every other bedroom in the country.

I will likewise respect your right to do what ever you want, with whom ever in your bedroom, it's none of my damn business.

The same irrational arguments and reasoning were probably spewed by people filled with hate toward others because they are different, and for the same reason, ignorance and hate derived from the bible in 1967 when SCOTUS ruled that states could no longer ban interracial marriages, which was against the law across every state in the so called Buy Bull Belt.

Or the 1965 SCOTUS ruling that states could not ban married heterosexual couples from using birth control.

Long story short, take your damn bible and ignorance found in it, and the laws based on them and get the the phque out of my bedroom, and every other bedroom in the country.

I will likewise respect your right to do what ever you want, with whom ever in your bedroom, it's none of my damn business.

Believe me, I do not want to be in your bedroom. I don't care what you do in your bedroom as long as you keep it there and not try to impose deviant behavior on those of us who happen to disagree with you. I don't go out of my way to bother LGBT people neither do I associate with them knowingly. I feel that they are trying to push their immorality upon us while trying to destroy religion and there will be very serious encounters down the road. If the immoral life style is accepted by them, why should the rest of us sell our souls just to make them feel good? Sorry, it ain't going to happen. I'm sorry you have such an aversion to God and the Bible because there life and truth in them. Always remember, you will have made a conscious choice to reject God and the resulting consequences will be of your own choosing.

Believe me, I do not want to be in your bedroom. I don't care what you do in your bedroom as long as you keep it there and not try to impose deviant behavior on those of us who happen to disagree with you. I don't go out of my way to bother LGBT people neither do I associate with them knowingly. I feel that they are trying to push their immorality upon us while trying to destroy religion and there will be very serious encounters down the road. If the immoral life style is accepted by them, why should the rest of us sell our souls just to make them feel good? Sorry, it ain't going to happen. I'm sorry you have such an aversion to God and the Bible because there life and truth in them. Always remember, you will have made a conscious choice to reject God and the resulting consequences will be of your own choosing.

Do you actually know any LGBT people, and by that I don't mean know that they are LGBT, but actually know them? I do, and have worked with them, volunteered with them, and know them as friends. One I have known for probably 40 years now is a dairy farmer, volunteer firefighter (now also retired), dispatcher in the 911 center, board member, etc., etc., and is respected throughout the community because of his character, and service to the community. Get your truck stuck in the mud, give him a call and he shows up with his tractor to pull you out.

They are no different than you or I, except in their sexual preferences, which is their natural drive. They want the same things you and I want, family, friends, work, music, health, security, happiness, love, financial security, sense of belonging, etc., to name a few.

And the 'serious encounters' your forsee down the road are all in your mind, unless some hate filled homophobic christian starts the encounter.

There is one difference though between you and LGBT people though, they don't choose to hate you because of your sexual preferences, which makes them superior to you.

Superior?
At the Constitutional Convention of 1787, James Madison proposed the plan to divide the central government into three branches. He discovered this model of government from the Perfect Governor, as he read Isaiah 33:22

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Do you actually know any LGBT people, and by that I don't mean know that they are LGBT, but actually know them? I do, and have worked with them, volunteered with them, and know them as friends. One I have known for probably 40 years now is a dairy farmer, volunteer firefighter (now also retired), dispatcher in the 911 center, board member, etc., etc., and is respected throughout the community because of his character, and service to the community. Get your truck stuck in the mud, give him a call and he shows up with his tractor to pull you out.

They are no different than you or I, except in their sexual preferences, which is their natural drive. They want the same things you and I want, family, friends, work, music, health, security, happiness, love, financial security, sense of belonging, etc., to name a few.

And the 'serious encounters' your forsee down the road are all in your mind, unless some hate filled homophobic christian starts the encounter.

There is one difference though between you and LGBT people though, they don't choose to hate you because of your sexual preferences, which makes them superior to you.

XD: I do know some and, as you said, some are very respectable. I had a doctor who was gay and I used to work with his partner but I didn't want to have a close association with them. I don't hate them for their sexual preference because they didn't flaunt it like a badge of honor. I can pass and repass with them but I don't want their life style pushed on me. That goes for the rest of that crowd. They are bringing problems on themselves by their conduct and "flaming" in exaggerated fashion. If they consider themselves superior to me,, that is fine. It isn't their approval I care to have. The "serious encounters" I foresee will be challenges within the government and society. Did you watch the video about Canada's experiences in this area? Says a lot about what is to come here but it will definitely come. As usual, we will not agree in any part of this matter but I am as staunch in my beliefs as you are so we will just agree to disagree!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back