Strange Defensive Shooting Dream....

KimberPB

It had been awhile but I had a strange one last night. I had hooked up online with my brother and played a little Call of Duty before bed. So that may have contributed. Anyways, I figured I'd share for your entertainment purposes.

It started with me, in what I find out later, was some church. I didn't recognize any of it so it wasn't any church I have ever visited. It was dusk and there were no lights on or anyone in the area that I was in. All of a sudden this feeling of something is just not right here came over me. I reached down and to my horror I did not have my gun with me. (At this point I should have know it was a dream! :biggrin:) I then started looking around for anything that I could use to defend myself and to my joy found a Glock laying on a table. I picked it up and thought "A Glock... Oh well this will do." Sorry Glock guys I guess I'm still partial to 1911's and XD's even in my dreams. At this point, as it was getting darker, I started looking for lights, an exit, people, ect. As I moved though the room I caught movement behind me on some reflective object. I’m still not sure what the object was. I turned just in time to see someone lunge at me with a large knife. My left arm went up and blocked the knife as I pressed the Glock against the masked BG's jaw and pulled the trigger. The BG dropped and I started back peddling into the next room. Thinking there is no way this guy is getting up I get out my phone and start to dail 911. As the operator answers the BG stands up and heads at me. I drop my phone, pressed the Glosk back out, remember seeing the front sight on the guys chest and squeeze the trigger. The BG stumbles and then heads for the exit. Which now that I think about it was not there at first. The police then call me back, I make it outside to get the name of the church I'm at when some guy walks up to me. He then apologizes for trying to stab me. I was stunned the find the guy walking and without any holes in him. I then woke up......

I'm thinking no Call of Duty tonight! lol

I think you may be showing early signs of a dreaded condition known as hypogunea. It is a aliment brought on by a shortage of guns. Take two Glocks and see me in the morning.:biggrin:

:pleasantry:
OK IVE had this dream multiple times- ive been in a situation where i was being shot at and my glock did a few things, or didnt do a few things i should say, it would fire once and wouldnt fire again, the trigger would just freeze, or the slide would get stuck---- man its a horrible dream, having to drop a full mag cycle the slide and pop a new one in with bad guys shooting at me, WOW - scary - every time i have that dream i wake up and go to the range and put at least 50 down the tube of each glock i own - makes me feel a little better

Even before I've left for the military, and way before I've owned guns, I've been having a reoccurring theme in some of my dreams.

Every few weeks or so, I have a post-apocalyptic style dream. Not like a nuclear fallout, or zombie invasion. I find myself placed in a time in the not-so-distant future, in which society has recently collapsed, and the country has been in a state of anarchy and chaos. Either anarchy, or sometimes it's a very George Orwell 1984 dystopia. Either way, I usually find myself in a resistance of 3-4 close-friends, sometimes running into other groups and tagging along with them. Nothing is ever fixed in the dream, and we usually all end up shot.

Here's an except of one of those style dreams. Before you ask. Yes, I do write my dreams down, and yes, you would too if you had dreams as frequent and as vivid as I do. Go to sleep with a 21mg nicotine patch to get a glimpse of my world.

I'm in a building at night. Some kind of library, or bookstore, where I'm walking around on the second floor. There's a staircase in the middle, and windows overlooking the street from all sides, except the back where the staircase leads up to.

I talk to quite a few people. Families with kids, all enjoying their time in the store, checking out the various books. Suddenly a car comes swerving around the corner outside. A guy pops out of the moon roof, and immediately opens fire on the right side of the store. People start screaming, and I hit the deck, bullets flying over my head. A few of the parents got hit, but the children were okay at the time.

The car continues it's strafe around the whole building, shattering windows all around. I keep thinking, "I need a gun. I need a gun now!" but unfortunately I cannot get one because there's no one in sight.

I stand up, but am pinned down again from the roof gunner. Suddenly, as my head is down, the rest of the squad comes running in, guns blazing. The first man enters, kicks a couple to the floor, and unloads his gun into them. I try to crawl to a corner, hopefully finding some kind of weapon, sharp object, etc.

The group stops at nothing, even shooting kids in their path. I roll over to my back as I feel bullets hitting just behind me. One of the guys jumps over my feet, standing over me, and shoots me in the stomach multiple times. The dream ends abruptly as I lay dying, clutching my stomach.

Interesting thing about all our dreams is our fear of being unarmed, or our weapons not working.

I think you may be showing early signs of a dreaded condition known as hypogunea. It is a aliment brought on by a shortage of guns. Take two Glocks and see me in the morning.:biggrin:

Great just what I need! Another reason to buy a gun........ But hey I'm up for trying it if it'll fix my dreams. :biggrin:

DO IT!! and add me if you have XBOX
gamertag:
DshadowSnipe

Yep I'm on XBOX. I'll add you tonight. My gamertag is pbflatliner2

Even before I've left for the military, and way before I've owned guns, I've been having a reoccurring theme in some of my dreams.

Every few weeks or so, I have a post-apocalyptic style dream. Not like a nuclear fallout, or zombie invasion. I find myself placed in a time in the not-so-distant future, in which society has recently collapsed, and the country has been in a state of anarchy and chaos. Either anarchy, or sometimes it's a very George Orwell 1984 dystopia. Either way, I usually find myself in a resistance of 3-4 close-friends, sometimes running into other groups and tagging along with them. Nothing is ever fixed in the dream, and we usually all end up shot.

Here's an except of one of those style dreams. Before you ask. Yes, I do write my dreams down, and yes, you would too if you had dreams as frequent and as vivid as I do. Go to sleep with a 21mg nicotine patch to get a glimpse of my world.

I'm in a building at night. Some kind of library, or bookstore, where I'm walking around on the second floor. There's a staircase in the middle, and windows overlooking the street from all sides, except the back where the staircase leads up to.

I talk to quite a few people. Families with kids, all enjoying their time in the store, checking out the various books. Suddenly a car comes swerving around the corner outside. A guy pops out of the moon roof, and immediately opens fire on the right side of the store. People start screaming, and I hit the deck, bullets flying over my head. A few of the parents got hit, but the children were okay at the time.

The car continues it's strafe around the whole building, shattering windows all around. I keep thinking, "I need a gun. I need a gun now!" but unfortunately I cannot get one because there's no one in sight.

I stand up, but am pinned down again from the roof gunner. Suddenly, as my head is down, the rest of the squad comes running in, guns blazing. The first man enters, kicks a couple to the floor, and unloads his gun into them. I try to crawl to a corner, hopefully finding some kind of weapon, sharp object, etc.

The group stops at nothing, even shooting kids in their path. I roll over to my back as I feel bullets hitting just behind me. One of the guys jumps over my feet, standing over me, and shoots me in the stomach multiple times. The dream ends abruptly as I lay dying, clutching my stomach.

Interesting thing about all our dreams is our fear of being unarmed, or our weapons not working.

Ya that's a crazy one also! Mine normally consist of me having my gun, it working perfect, but the BG not stopping when he's hit.

In the coming anarchy I would stay out of the library :biggrin:

I had a dream that I thought was odd but good. I was working in the flower beds and I kept digging up and finding guns.:sarcastic:

Kimbers and XD's :laugh:

No dreams for me, I would have to sleep to have that happen...

Peace

I had a dream that I thought was odd but good. I was working in the flower beds and I kept digging up and finding guns.:sarcastic:

Kimbers and XD's :laugh:

No dreams for me, I would have to sleep to have that happen...

Peace

I thought that only worked in the dirt in Florida.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back