skunks

retiredman

Shot three more skunks today in my backyard. That makes a total of nine.

God I hate skunks! even more now they are dead.

That will teach them to come out after us in the daytime and try to spray us

:biggrin:

Since you have so many skunks you should milk them and sell their scent. Makes great cover scent for Deer Hunting most sporting good stores get over $9.99 for 1.5 to 2 ounces :)

that was cruel, but funny ;-) there is the fly bait and Coke solution. I think you can do a search and get the info you need. I've only heard it spoken of and not done it. I would never do something like that to an animal :-?

I absolutely detest skunks. All God's creatures serve a purpose on the earth, and they should all be respected. Except skunks. The only reason skunks are here is to make me miserable. I can't even count the number of times my house or my pets have been sprayed by skunks.

You can't shoot 'em, because they shoot back. You can't poison them, because they do the same thing.

We had repeat skunk visitors for years until we figured out the best solution: bait live trap, take skunk-filled trap to remote are with low bridge over water, open trap and shake skunk out. Skunks won't spray when they are confined, when they are falling, or when they are swimming. Just be sure you aren't around when he gets back to shore.

Sounds like a good solution to some of the skunks we have in DC.
Australia have them between the states of Victoria and New South Wales -- it's called CANBERRA. They should really build a moat around it...:biggrin:

Seriously, my husband have several different sizes of those cages for catching critters roaming my garden. He transport them across the Missouri River at a reserve. Knock wood!!! but he hasn't caught a skunk yet...

Skunks are nocturnal varmints if they were out during the day most likely rabid. Send them over to No God his post always seems to smell.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back