Silencer made from stuff at Lowe's

You can be anyone you want to be on the internet.

I am far from a firearm expert and, in that vane, discussions like this can create situations where people who should not be thinking "outside the box" are going to blow their hands off screwing around with something they should not be screwing around with. As said, it probably is illegal in and of itself, but it also sounds irresponsible by just putting the idea into someone's do it yourself/non-competent head

I have a silencer.... She's at work right now though, So I can be as loud as I want for the time being......

Sure, as some stipulate, "pay up and do it legally"... However, it is a very good thing to make some and test them so as to be able to make them if and when needed. Pass this skill and other skills on and you will be doing a good deed. It's kinda like reloading ammo with the only difference being that one is (for now) legal and one has been deemed a no-no. Go for it, practice the skill and pass the information along.

If he cut up the first one, then he would only have one to be covered by his stamp.

Doesn't work that way. The silencer has a registered part that us covered by the tax stamp. You can't just transfer the stamp around. It like a marriage certificate, you can't just transfer it from woman to woman on a whim.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Sure, as some stipulate, "pay up and do it legally"... However, it is a very good thing to make some and test them so as to be able to make them if and when needed. Pass this skill and other skills on and you will be doing a good deed. It's kinda like reloading ammo with the only difference being that one is (for now) legal and one has been deemed a no-no. Go for it, practice the skill and pass the information along.

Not a good idea tuts. The consequences far are far more serious that any potential skill learned. Especially when discussions like this could be used against you in court. Especially when you may convince people with poor judgment to follow your lead.

I just finished making a silencer for my Sig Mosquito and the damn thing works like a charm, especially with subsonic ammo.

I have Glock I tricked out with a silencer years ago and I disected it with a band saw. I just got a new barrel for my XDm .40 and was going to get another silencer to fit it because the threads are different than the one on my Glock. (I screwed the silencer up when I tried to put it on my XDM, thats why I disected it)

Anyway, I saw how this thing was made and figured I would try making it myself. So I went shopping at Lowes and spent less than $20. bucks on a brass fitting and tube, and some PVC and 0-steel wool. It is a little bulkier than my old one but weighs less. I have put about 150 rounds through it so far and am just tickled to death how nice it works.I can't believe how easy it was. I will make a newer improved model for my .40

Anyone else done this and do you have any tips if you do? Especially on material and how to make it thinner. Thanks

Link Removed

[h=1]Missouri Revised Statutes[/h] [SIZE=+2] Chapter 571
Weapons Offenses
Section 571.020
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]August 28, 2011[/SIZE]
Link Removed

[SIZE=+1] Possession--manufacture--transport--repair--sale of certain weapons a crime--exceptions--penalties. [/SIZE] 571.020. 1. A person commits a crime if such person knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(7) Any of the following in violation of federal law:
(c) A firearm silencer.

3. A crime pursuant to subdivision (1), (2), (3) or (7) of subsection 1 of this section is a class C felony;

Doesn't work that way. The silencer has a registered part that us covered by the tax stamp. You can't just transfer the stamp around. It like a marriage certificate, you can't just transfer it from woman to woman on a whim.

Dang it. All that talk about trading in my husband really is just talk.

Not a good idea tuts. The consequences far are far more serious that any potential skill learned. Especially when discussions like this could be used against you in court. Especially when you may convince people with poor judgment to follow your lead.

I did not say to discuss such activities here or any public place. Perfecting silencer and related items production, reloading, urban egress/survival/combat skills (and rural), medical training, stocking up on materials, learning to obtain needed items naturally, etc are all good things to learn and to pass on, individually and face to face, to those who you have come to know over time and trust as dependable, stable and having a level of gray matter, IMHO. However, anyone discussing the fact that they are doing such here or in any public media would be pretty silly indeed.

Oh, and no I'm NOT referring to myself as being any kind of person who's skilled at all in the above activities, but I'm sure there are some here who are and that's ok!

In kansas we can have a silencer AFTER we get a tax stamp and we cannot build our own at present. We need a tax stamp for each silencer and the serial number from our can goes on the tax stamp. You are playing a dangerous game and I hope you destroy it and.forget all about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back