Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people thought that god wanted things a certain way, then wrote it down? And that works for you?

Absolutely. Their inspiration by God has made the Bible possible, and consistent, through the ages. Yep, works for me!

Absolutely. Their inspiration by God has made the Bible possible, and consistent, through the ages. Yep, works for me!

True! The Creator of the universe has more than sufficient power to get His message through Human hands, despite our limitations. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's say that's true. There's been so many people who claim to have been inspired by god over the years, How do we know which ones to believe? What if 90% is truly inspired by God. What about the other 10%. How do we know that there isn't that 10% that hasn't been injected by the devil. There's really no way to know because everyone is going to say that they were inspired by God. When in reality the devil was just masquerading as God. This is assuming that one actually believes in all that to begin with. I'm just going with the flow.

It's interesting how this thread is almost 3 years old and they are no closer to achieving Armageddon now than they were when it started.

Let's say that's true. There's been so many people who claim to have been inspired by god over the years, How do we know which ones to believe? What if 90% is truly inspired by God. What about the other 10%. How do we know that there isn't that 10% that hasn't been injected by the devil. There's really no way to know because everyone is going to say that they were inspired by God. When in reality the devil was just masquerading as God. This is assuming that one actually believes in all that to begin with. I'm just going with the flow.

Many claim to be inspired by God, as you say. To test the validity of their claims, read the Bible. Verify what you hear by it. If the claim(s) contradict, they are obviously not of God. There have been some preachers in the past who have claimed that the end of the world is coming on such a date. That is plainly refuted by the Bible which says that no man knows either the day or the hour, only the Father. There will be many false prophets and you will know them by their works. If their prophecy fails, they obviously weren't speaking for God.

I'll give you credit, you have acknowledged the fact that Satan exists. If Satan exists, God exists. Can't have one without the other.

I'm not acknowledging that anything exists. The only way you'll listen to anything I say is if I drop my conversation to your level. By the way I wasn't talking about people who are currently inspired by God. I'm talking about the people who were inspired by God during the creation of the Bible. We know that some things were left out that were written. There's no way to know that all of it that made the cut was 100% inspired. Humans are known to exaggerate their story to make it more interesting for others to read.

It's interesting how this thread is almost 3 years old and they are no closer to achieving Armageddon now than they were when it started.
LIVING PROOF that it's much more difficult to HIDE ONES IGNORANCE than it is to ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE!!!

I don't think you read that right. He saying Armageddon isn't nearer then when this thread started, not about your lack of knowledge or ignorance.

I'm not acknowledging that anything exists. The only way you'll listen to anything I say is if I drop my conversation to your level. By the way I wasn't talking about people who are currently inspired by God. I'm talking about the people who were inspired by God during the creation of the Bible. We know that some things were left out that were written. There's no way to know that all of it that made the cut was 100% inspired. Humans are known to exaggerate their story to make it more interesting for others to read.

Here is a full proof way to know if the Bible is true. To quote Jesus, "So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.”
**John‬ *7:16-17‬ *ESV‬‬

If your will (desire) is to do God's will, you will know.

Sancho: I think I can hang with you at whatever level you think you may be. Not difficult. If you really want to know about the Bible, do a little research. One book I read on the historical reliability of the Old Testament manuscripts handles the question quite well.

"The Old Testament has been shown to be reliable in at least three major ways: (1) textual transmission (the accuracy of the copying process down through history), (2) the confirmation of the Old Testament by hard evidence uncovered through archaeology, and (3) documentary evidence also uncovered through archaeology." The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict, by Josh McDowell is a book worth reading and should answer your questions. There is ample evidence to show the writers of the OT were indeed inspired by God.

There is a wealth of evidence that verifies the authenticity of the Bible, one has only to read. If you have reasonable comprehension skills, the evidence is available and, I might add, extremely interesting. You profess to not believe in God. Why? What is your rationale behind your unbelief? Do you actually not believe or, do you not know what to believe? If you don't know what to believe, do not accept anyone's word to make you not believe. Have the intelligence to study and determine for yourself. Don't let someone else cause you to lose your salvation. Please don't be a lemming, blindly following others. You might be surprised at how interesting studying the Bible can be if you approach it without preconceived prejudices

So I write you a check for $1000 and tell you that the money's in the bank. Are you going to trust me that the money's there, or cash the check before you give me your AR that you're selling me? A person can't self sign their own certificate of authenticity. That is done by someone else who was there. A book can't validate it's own legitimacy by saying that it is legit within its own pages. By that logic, the Force is real because the Star Wars book I read said it is. And just because you can prove that there are parts of it that are historically accurate doesn't mean that the whole thing is. There are plenty literary works that portray accurate historical accounts mixed in with fiction just to make the story better. Who's to say they didn't embellish when writing the Bible. "He died on the cross... Then what? They buried him. Well, that isn't juicy enough. Let's say there was a big rock and he came back to life. Yea, that spices it up. Go with that."

So I write you a check for $1000 and tell you that the money's in the bank. Are you going to trust me that the money's there, or cash the check before you give me your AR that you're selling me? A person can't self sign their own certificate of authenticity. That is done by someone else who was there. A book can't validate it's own legitimacy by saying that it is legit within its own pages. By that logic, the Force is real because the Star Wars book I read said it is. And just because you can prove that there are parts of it that are historically accurate doesn't mean that the whole thing is. There are plenty literary works that portray accurate historical accounts mixed in with fiction just to make the story better. Who's to say they didn't embellish when writing the Bible. [
COLOR="#EE82EE"]"He died on the cross... Then what? They buried him. Well, that isn't juicy enough. Let's say there was a big rock and he came back to life. Yea, that spices it up. Go with that."[/COLOR]

I'll say it again. It's on you to find out or not.

There is a full proof way to know if the Bible is true. Here it is:

To quote Jesus, "So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.”
**John‬ *7:16-17‬ *ESV‬‬

If your will (desire) is to do God's will, you will know.

The ball is in your court.

Even wikipedia points to sources that verify the validity of it's content. The Bible points to itself. That's not how it works.
Link Removed

Even wikipedia points to sources that verify the validity of it's content. The Bible points to itself. That's not how it works.

If one is able to see the news everyday, and to see what is happening in the world has been foretold for so many years by the Bible, the world itself proves the Bible. Not difficult to see.

Next week, it's always next week or month, regardless on how long you wait.

Reminds me of the sign over the urinal at a local brewery

If one is able to see the news everyday, and to see what is happening in the world has been foretold for so many years by the Bible, the world itself proves the Bible. Not difficult to see.

Very true. Yesterday's Prophecies Are Today's Headlines. God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate ALL the warnings and the promises found in the Bible.

God's Patience in the Last Days - By Bill Perkins -​

And just like those living in the time of Noah, we, too, can see the handwriting on the wall. We too see all of the prophecies coming together, lining up exactly as the Bible predicted. Even with people all around us denying it’s close!

“...and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation” (2 Peter 3:4).

So we wait patiently, ready to be used by Him as the days linger on until our great exodus at the Rapture.

Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back