Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear :blink: SD9 is again going to make a childish comment about the fact I posted two separate posts to two separate people about two separate topics :happy:

So your god is obsessed with war, after all "it is written" in your bible?

Don't you think that validates my point that religion is the greatest man-made threat to mankind's future?

None of us here knows everything, but followers (Born Again) of Jesus do know the source of all truth. The more you know the Bible, the history of the time it was written, and the author, the more it all makes sense. It is helpful to look up the greek and hebrew meaning of some the passages.
When you are not biblically literate (not a putdown) and you don't personally know the devine author of the Bible, then it's not uncommon have thoughts like yours. I'm constantly learning and digging deeper. Ther is so much to it. It's a bottomless treasure. Is your mind made up or do you really want to understand?

Regarding wars: God has set up governing bodies to restrain and eliminate evil. Read Romans chapter 13.

If you are interested, the story of Ismael and Isaac and how that effects middle east conflict is pretty facinating. Let me know and I would be glad to provide resources. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specifically I said your thoughts are delusional... and I stand by that, there is no other way to describe it. Speaking my opinion is not rude or arrogant, unless you choose for it to be. You are beginning to sound like the current crop of college students, claiming they are suffering from PTSD because of harsh words they have heard. I noticed you don't hesitate to express your opinions, and if I were fragile I could claim offense, but choose to counter with facts and my perspective.

There is a whole segment of the population that have the goal of finding something to be offended by every day, and most go to bed that night with the satisfaction of "mission accomplished"

And since you choose to drag others into the discussion, I noted you have failed to make any comment or chastise, or even comment on the insults only crowd that really think school yard mentality name calling only. Is this a blind eye, cause they are theists? Can you explain for them (since they can't/won't) how that validates the existence of god, or anyhow furthers the cause of christianity? I mean I have asked before and haven't received much more than more name calling. Is this a 'god works in mysterious ways' thing :biggrin:

Please reference posts http://www.usacarry.com/forums/off-topic/35603-signs-end-age-last-generation-post585097.html#post585097
and http://www.usacarry.com/forums/off-...ge-last-generation-post585098.html#post585098 if you are unsure as to the posts I am referencing.

I know that churches talk about members converting people and recruiting member$hip, is this one of the tactics?

I'm fine. I have thick skin. I just thought you didn't realize how rude you can be. That won't help you win respect. I don't have time to read every post to find out who called you a name. That was a subject we took up. I did write that I didn't think name calling was profitable. Anyone reading our interactions will see that. Try taking the high road and be the "bigger" person.

You don't appear to be making any attempt to change our minds. If you read through many of your posts, you will see that you are not discussing or questioning. You just make dismissive comments and tell us we are delusional. You won't get anywhere with that.

Nacelle just recently posted some legitimate questoins and received a good response. If you take that approach you will find you receive much better interactions.

So your god is obsessed with war, after all "it is written" in your bible?

Don't you think that validates my point that religion is the greatest man-made threat to mankind's future?

Absolutely not. Our God is not obsessed with war. Wars are caused by sinful people using the name of God as an excuse. The sinful people (nations) are controlled by corrupt people constantly seeking more power and control. If those causing all the dissent in the world can use the name of their god in causing wars, the more the masses can be whipped into a frenzy and participate. Islam is a good example. Theirs is not the religion of peace as they proclaim. It is every bit as murderous as all other religions/wars combined. I think their imams, ayatollahs, etc. are enjoying the power they are wielding and are seeking world domination, not for their religion but for the personal power it brings to them.

Here is something interesting to read: Is war ever just? What is a just war? Religious wars - do religions cause wars?

Absolutely not. Our God is not obsessed with war. Wars are caused by sinful people using the name of God as an excuse. The sinful people (nations) are controlled by corrupt people constantly seeking more power and control. If those causing all the dissent in the world can use the name of their god in causing wars, the more the masses can be whipped into a frenzy and participate. Islam is a good example. Theirs is not the religion of peace as they proclaim. It is every bit as murderous as all other religions/wars combined. I think their imams, ayatollahs, etc. are enjoying the power they are wielding and are seeking world domination, not for their religion but for the personal power it brings to them.

Absolutely thumbs up O/G

Escalation

World changing events lay before us and potentially a war unlike any seen since the Second World War. Syria is becoming increasingly volatile and unpr
edictable; there is a bloodletting ahead in the Middle East.​

Link Removed

I'm fine. I have thick skin. I just thought you didn't realize how rude you can be. That won't help you win respect. I don't have time to read every post to find out who called you a name. That was a subject we took up. I did write that I didn't think name calling was profitable. Anyone reading our interactions will see that. Try taking the high road and be the "bigger" person.

You don't appear to be making any attempt to change our minds. If you read through many of your posts, you will see that you are not discussing or questioning. You just make dismissive comments and tell us we are delusional. You won't get anywhere with that.

Nacelle just recently posted some legitimate questoins and received a good response. If you take that approach you will find you receive much better interactions.

That is why I linked to merely two posts that would make it clear, so you wouldn't have to try too hard or read every post.

Thinking is up to you, I pose many questions in the hope that they might spark some thought but more so cause you (theists) to question what you have been taught to accept without evidence.

I assume your are referring to Nacelle's post in this thread with link to boy in Israel? And got one very predictable and 'nothing new here' response from OG which I think Nacelle probably expected, ambiguous with instructions to read some verse and more ramblings based on 2000 year old stories of questionable origin.

As with your accusation I attacked you, I see that it is now prudent on my part to not accept what you say without question. Seems you have developed a significant bias towards me, which aside from being very un-christian, and the apparent willingness to misrepresent or ignore facts when you feel it enhances your position.

If your view straight forward talk and challenges to your personal perspective as rude, then I suggest your skin isn't as thick as you contend.

None of us here knows everything, but followers (Born Again) of Jesus do know the source of all truth. The more you know the Bible, the history of the time it was written, and the author, the more it all makes sense. It is helpful to look up the greek and hebrew meaning of some the passages.
When you are not biblically literate (not a putdown) and you don't personally know the devine author of the Bible, then it's not uncommon have thoughts like yours. I'm constantly learning and digging deeper. Ther is so much to it. It's a bottomless treasure. Is your mind made up or do you really want to understand?

Regarding wars: God has set up governing bodies to restrain and eliminate evil. Read Romans chapter 13.

If you are interested, the story of Ismael and Isaac and how that effects middle east conflict is pretty facinating. Let me know and I would be glad to provide resources. :)

First I give little credence to the bible, other than a collection of short stories, laced with bigotry, bias, agenda, and the ignorance of the time. I am not willing to even consider that people who didn't understand where the sun went at night can have any concept of the origin of the universe, much less give their views any consideration.

I noted you used the word author (singular) for the bible. You realize it was written by a number of people (40 a common number), some known, some anonymous. Stories written decades or longer after events, retold orally thousand and thousands of times (conservative number) with each telling adding, omitting, and enhancing facts, before being documented. Then consider how many times it has been translated, re-written, re-worded, inducing each time more bias, agenda and errors.

If through the magic some time machine you could witness an actual event depicted in the bible, would you even recognize the written version of that event in your bible? I doubt it. It is just human nature to enhance, embellish, omit, and have incorrect memories.

You must have really pissed off XD40, he got so upset, now he's triple dipping. Good job.
Link Removed

So sad, so predictable, look at the fool posting blind with nothing to say, just consumed with hate..... a good christian I'm sure.

(I suspect he has me blocked because he is a coward that can't deal with different views, but so consumed with blind hate that chooses to prove his blind ignorance with silly little taunts) Someone clue this looser in that he is making a fool of himself, and he doesn't even know it.

First I give little credence to the bible, other than a collection of short stories, laced with bigotry, bias, agenda, and the ignorance of the time. I am not willing to even consider that people who didn't understand where the sun went at night can have any concept of the origin of the universe, much less give their views any consideration.

I noted you used the word author (singular) for the bible. You realize it was written by a number of people (40 a common number), some known, some anonymous. Stories written decades or longer after events, retold orally thousand and thousands of times (conservative number) with each telling adding, omitting, and enhancing facts, before being documented. Then consider how many times it has been translated, re-written, re-worded, inducing each time more bias, agenda and errors.

If through the magic some time machine you could witness an actual event depicted in the bible, would you even recognize the written version of that event in your bible? I doubt it. It is just human nature to enhance, embellish, omit, and have incorrect memories.

Yes. There were many human authors, but ultimately, God is the author. I don't expect you to believe that. Have you ever studied the Bible? If not, you have a lot of opinions that are now based on knowledge.

I won't try to convince you. You are obviously not open. I'm going to attempt to leave you alone. If you ever desire to learn about what we believe and why, let know.

I've read atheists writings to try and understand them/you. If you are ever inclined, here is a link discussing, whether or not, God as a God of war.

https://carm.org/god-of-old-testament-a-monster

I seem to remember that this thread was about "The End Times."

You're correct, this thread is about End Times. However, if you'll notice, 90% of anything posted pertaining to End Times is passed over and totally IGNORED. Why? Because people are either so Ignorant of Bible Prophecy that they can't engage in any intelligent discussion, or they're so terrified to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed. Either way it's pathetic, not to be insulting, simply the truth.

Yes. There were many human authors, but ultimately, God is the author. I don't expect you to believe that. Have you ever studied the Bible? If not, you have a lot of opinions that are now based on knowledge.
How is god the author when according to your bible, your god has spoken only to one human?

The first book of the bible makes it clear there is nothing to learn aside from the depth of ignorance of the time. And yes, I do base my opinions of knowledge and facts.

If the devil was given free reign of the world, why would he not interfere with that inspiration? Couldn't he mess with the heads of anyone who translates the original text? Or are these people exempt from his influence? I'm not sure how you can trust a message when it's possible the author was compromised.

You're correct, this thread is about End Times. However, if you'll notice, 90% of anything posted pertaining to End Times is passed over and totally IGNORED. Why? Because people are either so Ignorant of Bible Prophecy that they can't engage in any intelligent discussion, or they're so terrified to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed. Either way it's pathetic, not to be insulting, simply the truth.

Earlier, someone mentioned ignoring them. I wanted to append my response to that by saying it's best to ignore those who obviously are uninterested in our answers. Those who are just looking to mock. I thought it would be interesting to lookup the definition of a forum or internet Troll. This is what I found.

Definition: An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts messages to bait people to answer. Trolls often delight in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.

Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

If the devil was given free reign of the world, why would he not interfere with that inspiration? Couldn't he mess with the heads of anyone who translates the original text? Or are these people exempt from his influence? I'm not sure how you can trust a message when it's possible the author was compromised.

Good question. I'm very limited with time, so let me point you to this article.

Is the Bible truly God's Word?

I will also add that prior to my conversation, did not understand the Bible and questioned some of it's validity. The moment God enabled me to fully embrace Him, the Bible came alive to me and the words jumped off the pages.

I've quoted this verse before and I have experienced both sides of it. I'm no longer a natural person. :)

“The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.”
**1 Corinthians‬ *2:14‬ *ESV‬‬

Its Never too late to:

Start over.

Chase your dreams.

Create healthy relationships

Understand God's Power

Change your ways

Be positive

Hope

Accept the Lord

Make a difference