Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
. I have no fear of dying and plenty of time, or do I?

Only God knows how much time you've got, however, being a Christian you have absolutely ZERO to fear of death. Absent from the body, present with the Lord. Be it the Rapture or physical death makes no difference, it's not the transportation that's important. This life is just a test to determine where we will spend ETERNITY. Never forget that this life is superficial and limited, the AFTERLIFE is the REAL LIFE and it's NEVER ENDING. :dance3:

Farmer Bob, did you know that while non-believers comprise about 10 - 15% of the general population, they comprise less than 0.2% of the prison population? Natural morality is superior to a fear based behavioral control morality any day.

From what I have read, morality is a matter of local customs which vary from different areas and among different people. Their morals have been established and are enforced often through punishment, or fear of punishment, for infractions. What one person considers to be moral for him may, in turn, be offensive for another, consequently, a moral code is established under which all in a given area follow. To have a civilized society, all must adhere to the same code or be ostracized from the group. There is no room in a particular society for non-conformity which would endanger the unity of the whole. Man has grown from animal tendencies through our development of morality and sociability. For many, many years, the morality of mankind came from religion and has served us quite well. There has been a downturn in religion of late and, concomitantly, a relaxing of morals, much to our detriment. Before one opts for natural morality, it is necessary to understand that, at times, there has to be moral absolutes for some forms of behavior and would be contrary to the natural moralists.

The king of copy/paste doesn't get to complain if someone else does it. Especially when the only one doing it is pasting scripture. Meanwhile while we set back and wait to die to find out who's right, the world will go on learning more about the nature of the universe. Your fear is that the end of the world doesn't come before there is definitive proof every spec of the bible is BS. Not that we're not sure about it now. But it will take a some more science to figure out the whole expanding universe thing.

My, my, my, contradict yourself often? If one is born with an innate sense of right or wrong, that would include Farmhood also. The difference with him is, with the Bible, he has refined the differences between right and wrong. He would be no more corrupted without the Bible than you already are without it. Uh oh!
First off your reading comprehension is making you look a little foolish. I did not say Farmhood was immoral, but merely posted FACTS about the prison population vs. religious beliefs, or lack of. Facts that would indicate that natural morality is superior to a fear based behavioral control morality any day.

I do the right things today, because they are right, not for the threat of reward or punishment in the afterlife.

One of your popes said that atheists pick and choose their morals. He is correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse, supporting a woman's right to control her own body and use birth control, and not to hate a segment of the population simply because of whom they love.

Link Removed

XD: What I posted was Sancho contradicting himself in his post (#2353) with Farmhood, and no, my comprehension is not off. I wasn't commenting on your posts. As a matter of fact, I have some statistics that verify some of your assertions about religion falling off. Once again, that fact doesn't disturb me in the least since it has already been foretold to happen in the end times.

What contradicts "morals aren't exclusive to your little book"? Did you forget to take your pills again? You know what happens what you don't take your pills.

What contradicts "morals aren't exclusive to your little book"? Did you forget to take your pills again? You know what happens what you don't take your pills.

Sancho: I know you think you are making intelligible statements but I'm afraid you are the only one who understands them. Keep trying, you'll get there someday. Yes, I did take my pills and, on time I might add. Thank you for the concern.

Burn? Who is trying to burn? I only tried to help you with your comment and thank you for showing concern for my medical regimen. Pffft, some people are so touchy!

THE ONLY REAL SOLUTION WILL COME AT DEATH. If you are right it is all over but if not eternity in hell awaits you. Not a bet I would take. Kind of like playing Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded. Your only hope is a jammed gun. I bet on God. If wrong I lose nothing but if right then Heaven awaits me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

THE ONLY REAL SOLUTION WILL COME AT DEATH. If you are right it is all over but if not eternity in hell awaits you. Not a bet I would take. Kind of like playing Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded. Your only hope is a jammed gun. I bet on God. If wrong I lose nothing but if right then Heaven awaits me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Yep, but you will never get to bask in your moment of "I told ya so", for you will simply be dead and your consciousness will cease when your brain ceases to function because the body failed. It is the fate that awaits every single living thing on the planet.

And of course you have placed all your bets on 1 of the many many gods people believe in. What if you put all your chips on the wrong god, and eternity in hell awaits you for worshiping the wrong one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back